Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

As I said in my post, the word "you" was not aimed at you particularly but in a plural sense for the general population.

I'd tend to disagree with you on the percentage of the population, based purely on my anecdotal observations.  Have you been to Kroger, Lowes or Walmart lately?  Have you watched the news?  You place a lot of faith in people, I don't.

Hence why I said "at best". It's likely much, much lower.

Only in America does encouraging the public to contribute to public health get condemned as 'virtue signaling' ..lord I hate that word. Let's face it-we're a young and immature nation with very little sense of civic responsibility because we've never known true desperation (famine, war on our own soil, military oppression, etc.) 

Of course people don't want to wear masks-why would they? Amusement parks are a luxury-not a right. If KI is serious about guest safety, they'll have a zero tolerance policy. Someone gets caught without a mask-the park gets shut down. Positive peer pressure FTW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Only in America does encouraging the public to contribute to public health get condemned as 'virtue signaling' ..lord I hate that word. Let's face it-we're a young and immature nation with very little sense of civic responsibility because we've never known true desperation (famine, war on our own soil, military oppression, etc.) 

Of course people don't want to wear masks-why would they? Amusement parks are a luxury-not a right. If KI is serious about guest safety, they'll have a zero tolerance policy. Someone gets caught without a mask-the park gets shut down. Positive peer pressure FTW.

Um we to have know it. Lots homeless ppl and that sad. We go to shelter and hep them Don't close down King's island because I caint write Daimonbdack then!

Interesting how much things change in a week.  Last week there was a post on facebook about KI and their new guidelines and it seemed about 50% of the people were complaining about having to wear masks and the other guidelines and had some supportive replies.  I noticed one today and about 5% were complaining and very few of them had supportive replies.  Looks like KI holding to their guns is working.  Good for them.  I've been outside working in the yard with a mask for 3 hours just to see how bad it would be and I was absolutely fine (and I'm over 50!) in 90 degree heat.  People are generally resistant to change, they were that way with seatbelts in the beginning as well.  Stick to your standards KI, there are people out here who support you for it and appreciate it.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Interesting how much things change in a week.  Last week there was a post on facebook about KI and their new guidelines and it seemed about 50% of the people were complaining about having to wear masks and the other guidelines and had some supportive replies.  I noticed one today and about 5% were complaining and very few of them had supportive replies.  Looks like KI holding to their guns is working.  Good for them.  I've been outside working in the yard with a mask for 3 hours just to see how bad it would be and I was absolutely fine (and I'm over 50!) in 90 degree heat.  People are generally resistant to change, they were that way with seatbelts in the beginning as well.  Stick to your standards KI, there are people out here who support you for it and appreciate it.

I said this a couple of days ago, but I was vehemently against wearing a mask at KI...and then the protests happened and more and more science is coming out showing outdoor activities with masks may be safe, and now I don't think I'd go without them having the rule in place.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

Kings Island might have to change their policies if they want as much attendance as possible, everyone ive talked to has said theyre not going because of the policies

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m sure there are plenty of people who will go and abide by the new rules.  We will.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

Kings Island might have to change their policies if they want as much attendance as possible, everyone ive talked to has said theyre not going because of the policies

You realize, a petition can get a billion signatures and it probably won’t change the mask protocol and other safety measures at the park. They are doing what is in the best interest of the guests and employees. 

We can debate this all day long, but as of right now this is the policy in place. Do I have any desire to wear a mask at the park? Absolutely not. Do I know that it is the right thing to do for my safety and others while at the park? Very much so. 

For that alone, wearing a mask is a small thing to do to help protect me and others.

• Like 10

One other big thing.  If we want Kings Islands reopening to succeed, we as patrons must abide by the rules.  If a lot of people show up and cause problems about masks and distancing, KI could make the decision to just close back down.  So, if you are planning to go to the park, please be respectful of the rules and especially the workers.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nutterie said:

Fortunately KI does not want as much attendance as possible right now.  If they did they wouldn’t be limiting capacity.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nutterie said:

Lol okay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

One other big thing.  If we want Kings Islands reopening to succeed, we as patrons must abide by the rules.  If a lot of people show up and cause problems about masks and distancing, KI could make the decision to just close back down.  So, if you are planning to go to the park, please be respectful of the rules and especially the workers.

Yes, please be respectful to me, and all the other workers here. We just work there, and if you have complaints about park policies, I'd direct you to guest services to file an official complaint.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

thats what i meant, they wont be able to reach the limit they set.

So let me get this straight.  You think they will be able to reach that limit if they change their policies?  What policies?  Face coverings? When all polls show the majority of the US supports face coverings?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As a worker, I encourage everyone to treat each employee this season with twice the amount of respect as you usually give them. Especially since we'll have to be putting up with wearing masks all day in the heat and we'll also likely be pressured with the safety protocols. 

Can you disclose if there will be additional breaks or fans so you can cool off more often? 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As a worker, I encourage everyone to treat each employee this season with twice the amount of respect as you usually give them. Especially since we'll have to be putting up with wearing masks all day in the heat and we'll also likely be pressured with the safety protocols. 

Are you working at the Daimonbdack caster my dude?  I wanna riiiiiiidddddeeeee!  I feel like you famous

So let me get this straight.  You think they will be able to reach that limit if they change their policies?  What policies?  Face coverings? When all polls show the majority of the US supports face coverings?  
the fact that you have to wear them on rides, no one i know is happy about that. my friend wasnt happy about how he has to make a reservation. they cant really do much about it, but people arent happy about the restrictions is what im saying

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Social media says otherwise...Plenty of entitled people....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“Social media” is just not a statistically representative sample.  It may give you a sense of how your hardcore fans view things but not the general public.  People also tend to complain online about this or that but that doesn’t mean they will actually cancel you.  

I am personally much less concerned about comfort wearing a face covering on a ride than just being in the park in general. On a ride there is generally a cool breeze, not so much huffing it on a midway or standing in queue. 

4 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Can you disclose if there will be additional breaks or fans so you can cool off more often? 

That would be nice, especially since the park issued masks aren't the easiest to breathe in. Nothing has been announced to us as of yet, but they say we'll know more once our on ride training dates begin. Of course, I might not be able to say anything to you even if they do tell us aside from we know the specifics of the covid policy lol. There is a fairly comprehensive covid training though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nutterie said:

the fact that you have to wear them on rides, no one i know is happy about that. my friend wasnt happy about how he has to make a reservation. they cant really do much about it, but people arent happy about the restrictions is what im saying

Plenty people had no problem at other parks, from pictures and personal experience.  And it's not really that hard to make a reservation, if you can make a hotel reservation you can make a park reservation.  The complaint is the limit but I doubt that will last long. Just making Dollywood reservations and only yesterday was yellow meaning almost full on spaces. But the end of the month and next all all green.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

“Social media” is just not a statistically representative sample.  It may give you a sense of how your hardcore fans view things but not the general public.  People also tend to complain online about this or that but that doesn’t mean they will actually cancel you.  

I am personally much less concerned about comfort wearing a face covering on a ride than just being in the park in general. On a ride there is generally a cool breeze, not so much huffing it on a midway or standing in queue. 

You would think that people would just be glad to come to the park but...…  We are out at Silver Dollar City since Thursday and joined their passholder facebook page and everyone is blasting the mask policy.  

• Like 2