Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So, since there was no bloodbath when registration went live, I guess we can move on to wild theories about capacity, masks, smoking, food service, and thinking that KI will be the new epicenter of the worlds death tolls because of COVID 19.  Wait....we have covered all that too.

Mobile ordering still missing? Umm can't think of anything else yet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So, since there was no bloodbath when registration went live, I guess we can move on to wild theories about capacity, masks, smoking, food service, and thinking that KI will be the new epicenter of the worlds death tolls because of COVID 19.  Wait....we have covered all that too.

Well we now have a few days to question which sanitizer they will have in the park and if it will kill us:P

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/9-hand-sanitizers-may-contain-toxic-methanol-fda-warns-n1231775

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I'd be all for it

You related to 420 Guy?

EDB1C20A-7187-4B91-A9A2-0C74E43637D3.jpeg

27 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Is this a kinder, gentler KDD?

No! The Ho Ho guy is still a big Meanie

23 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

How about UAVs?  Gotta throw UAVs in there somewhere!

FTFY

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well we now have a few days to question which sanitizer they will have in the park and if it will kill us:P

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/9-hand-sanitizers-may-contain-toxic-methanol-fda-warns-n1231775

LOL! Methanol in hand sanitizer? That's a treat right there. I have spent a large amount of my life in the drag racing world, where methanol gets used frequently, and can tell you, when that methanol hits your nose, you're going down. 

58 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

So max I saw for passholders week is 1750 spots per entry time, 5 times slots to enter. 8750ppl in the park, if everyone rode Orion at 16ppl per train that will be 547 cycles. 1641 minutes at only the 3min cycle :blink:. That's insane lol

Doing it the other way.  Capacity for Orion is 1650/hour.  Half of that would be 825/hour times 8 hours gives us 6,600 people to ride it per day.

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Or at the very least hand out timed tickets so everyone isn't flocking the entrance as bad LOL.

Yea!!  I don't understand how in the world they think that ISN'T going to happen when they first open every morning!?  (everyone flocking to Orion)

However, there could only be a max of ~1700 people in line when they first open....

I got a reservation for first day, first time slot.  Don't know if it's a good idea or not though??   Lots of "kinks" to work out I'm sure!   Maybe Tues the 7th or Wed the 8th would be better...? 

3 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Yea!!  I don't understand how in the world they think that ISN'T going to happen when they first open every morning!?  (everyone flocking to Orion)

However, there could only be a max of ~1700 people in line when they first open....

I got a reservation for first day, first time slot.  Don't know if it's a good idea or not though??   Lots of "kinks" to work out I'm sure!   Maybe Tues the 7th or Wed the 8th would be better...? 

Well under normal conditions, a full queue probably holds around an hour to 1.5 hours capacity, so for simplistic sake, say 1,700 persons. 

That is just the first half hour letting in and the queue will not be operating at full capacity with all the social distancing requirements, so is the line gonna wrap all around the park with 6 foot spacings?  We would see crazy long 4+ hour waits on normal openings of new rides.  The length of that will now be exponentially longer due to social distancing.

A timed ticket would be the far better social distancing measure if they cannot do virtual queue instead of letting people just line up and start forming a line all the way around the park...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

my gf and I will be running to Orion, count us at the gates in a crowd and in line. 

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

So max I saw for passholders week is 1750 spots per entry time, 5 times slots to enter. 8750ppl in the park, if everyone rode Orion at 16ppl per train that will be 547 cycles. 1641 minutes at only the 3min cycle :blink:. That's insane lol

Needless to say we're thankful for being able to get the 10:30 slot :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chibul said:

Needless to say we're thankful for being able to get the 10:30 slot :lol:

It you take the theoretical half capacity of all the adult coasters (Not Woodstock or Ariel Ace) it's 7105 riders per hour. So let's just all pretend everyone will evenly distribute. ^_^

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

It you take the theoretical half capacity of all the adult coasters (Not Woodstock or Ariel Ace) it's 7105 riders per hour. So let's just all pretend everyone will evenly distribute. ^_^

Well, I figure the 10:30 timeslot at least gets you in the first batch - of that first group, maybe 1/4 of them will run to it - but actual entry into the park is going to be staggered due to the temp checks, etc. So....get there early? :lol:

4 minutes ago, chibul said:

Well, I figure the 10:30 timeslot at least gets you in the first batch - of that first group, maybe 1/4 of them will run to it - but actual entry into the park is going to be staggered due to the temp checks, etc. So....get there early? :lol:

OMG, I can only imagine the temperature checks, the reservation checks, the mask checks, and whatever ELSE, will be very SLOW the first day....   ugh....

Just now, Driver8rws said:

OMG, I can only imagine the temperature checks, the reservation checks, the mask checks, and whatever ELSE, will be very SLOW the first day....   ugh....

Yeah, that's part of the reason I went with 7/3 instead.

4 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

It may not be bad.  Opening day at Six Flags over Georgia was the quickest I've gotten into that park in years. 

• Like 1

I guess here's my question.

If we have 10:30 times to get into the park, and the park doesn't open until 11...what are we doing for that half hour once we pass into the work? You can't socially distance 1700 people standing around waiting to get inside, can you? Are they just going to let people go in once they get through the checkpoints, and essentially have a "soft opening" at 10:30?

10 minutes ago, chibul said:

I guess here's my question.

If we have 10:30 times to get into the park, and the park doesn't open until 11...what are we doing for that half hour once we pass into the work? You can't socially distance 1700 people standing around waiting to get inside, can you? Are they just going to let people go in once they get through the checkpoints, and essentially have a "soft opening" at 10:30?

That is my hope.  Even if they don't start rides until 11, maybe at 1030 you can go through and go get in line for a ride.

34 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

The reason the reservations are scannable they scan it just as fast as a paper ticket so maybe a few extra seconds. Temperature check hardly takes any time it's literal click hold for a couple secs then your told yes or no based on the reading. Which should be first before security check. Then everything else works same ol.  Hopefully they work smith as they didn't give themselves a very big window of time before the next group.  

25 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

That is my hope.  Even if they don't start rides until 11, maybe at 1030 you can go through and go get in line for a ride.

It really seems like the only logical thing to do, honestly. You can't have 1700 people gathered at the entrance. That's just not going to work out well.

Just now, chibul said:

It really seems like the only logical thing to do, honestly. You can't have 1700 people gathered at the entrance. That's just not going to work out well.

And, honestly, I really feel like they should give people ride times for Orion.  They have to know that almost everyone is going to head there upon entrance.  Maybe have ride time tickets for people to show and then throw away after they enter the que for Orion? 

3 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

And, honestly, I really feel like they should give people ride times for Orion.  They have to know that almost everyone is going to head there upon entrance.  Maybe have ride time tickets for people to show and then throw away after they enter the que for Orion? 

I personally agree, but I'd almost think we would've heard about that happening by now if it were going to, being 9 days out from opening.

Let’s hope KI management has thought ahead to use a virtual queue for Orion or the old fashioned way of timed paper tickets for the queue.  Years ago CP distributed colored paper tickets for Millennium Force the first few years when it opened where each color was a designated time to enter the queue.

1 minute ago, Winterfestguy said:

Let’s hope KI management has thought ahead to use a virtual queue for Orion or the old fashioned way of timed paper tickets for the queue.  Years ago CP distributed colored paper tickets for Millennium Force the first few years when it opened where each color was a designated time to enter the queue.

I would hope they would do this. If not, gonna be running past people at the park from the gate. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Last names a-d go to Orion, e-h go to Beast, etc.  :)