Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Just now, jimlaheyscar said:

I wonder is a Pres Day sale Fast Lane can be used opening week....

I cannot find it now, but I thought I had read somewhere that the park will not be selling any new FL, but will be honoring any purchased season long FL or any bought prior to them no longer being sold...

1 minute ago, bigjon1805 said:

Does anybody know how child swap will work on Orion? We have a group of 4 with one too small to ride.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Should work the same as any other ride, just make sure to stop by guest services prior to getting in line.

Should work the same as any other ride, just make sure to stop by guest services prior to getting in line.
Thanks! We've never really done it before, but just wanted to check. So it's guest services on the right as you enter the park correct?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Thanks to @chibul for posting the WOF info; it looks like the park wasn''t too crowded! I wonder if there is a possiblity that Invertigo may not be open as Boomerang appears to be closed. Also, I'm eagerly anticipating reports from those of us who are going to KI's Passholder week to let the rest of us know how it went. 

Finally, I agree about doing timed tickets or something like that with Orion, at least for the first month or two (because popularity coupled with social distancing)  It reminds me of when I got a hand stamp to ride Dragster when it was new (I ended up not riding, though). However, If they do have an actual line, I still thnk it would be cool to have the line snake through Chaos, like Mystic Timbers line took us through Madame Fatale's.

1 minute ago, MDMC01 said:

Thanks to @chibul for posting the WOF info; it looks like the park wasn''t too crowded! I wonder if there is a possiblity that Invertigo may not be open as Boomerang appears to be closed. Also, I'm eagerly anticipating reports from those of us who are going to KI's Passholder week to let the rest of us know how it went. 

Finally, I agree about doing timed tickets or something like that with Orion, at least for the first month or two (because popularity coupled with social distancing)  It reminds me of when I got a hand stamp to ride Dragster when it was new (I ended up not riding, though). However, If they do have an actual line, I still thnk it would be cool to have the line snake through Chaos, like Mystic Timbers line took us through Madame Fatale's.

Invertigo was seen testing a few days ago I believe. I believe the park stated on the website that they expect all rides and attractions to be open. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

The reason the reservations are scannable they scan it just as fast as a paper ticket so maybe a few extra seconds. Temperature check hardly takes any time it's literal click hold for a couple secs then your told yes or no based on the reading. Which should be first before security check. Then everything else works same ol.  Hopefully they work smith as they didn't give themselves a very big window of time before the next group.  

And thermal cameras will be even quicker than holding a thermometer up to your head for a few seconds...in theory that shouldn't even be the hold-up unless someone comes in hot and causes a scene and backs the line up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

And thermal cameras will be even quicker than holding a thermometer up to your head for a few seconds...in theory that shouldn't even be the hold-up unless someone comes in hot and causes a scene and backs the line up. 

Did they get those? Cool if so and yes even faster.  Dollywood did theirs before you boarded the tram so that it wasn't bogged down at the security and ticket area. 

hope it's better than our fussy robot-like forehead scanner. LOLOL been easy all week today it didn't like my forehead position for whatever reason lol 

10 hours ago, PatchesC said:

So max I saw for passholders week is 1750 spots per entry time, 5 times slots to enter. 8750ppl in the park, if everyone rode Orion at 16ppl per train that will be 547 cycles. 1641 minutes at only the 3min cycle :blink:. That's insane lol

It doesn’t have to be 16 ppl it could be less. If there are groups of 2 or 3 they won’t be combined with another group. There could even be a group of one in a row. I think most trains will probably average to have around 10-12 people. Dispatches might be faster though. If they still have 4 people checking restaurants they should be able to send trains very quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bengalsguy23 said:

It doesn’t have to be 16 ppl it could be less. If there are groups of 2 or 3 they won’t be combined with another group. There could even be a group of one in a row. I think most trains will probably average to have around 10-12 people. Dispatches might be faster though. If they still have 4 people checking restaurants they should be able to send trains very quickly. 

From what I heard, we are having 6 people check restraints. That could very well change though, and I do expect it to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Guess they gotta check to make sure we are all wearing our masks over our mouth and nose while eating and drinking inside those restaurants. :lol:

• Haha 3

^

That’s what I was thinking as well. I can see parks remaining open on fall weekends but Halloween mazes and attractions may be cancelled for this year. Creating Haunt mazes that respect social distancing guidelines but still give people a good scare sounds like a fairly hard task.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

^

That’s what I was thinking as well. I can see parks remaining open on fall weekends but Halloween mazes and attractions may be cancelled for this year. Creating Haunt mazes that respect social distancing guidelines but still give people a good scare sounds like a fairly hard task.

The positive is Haunt isn't one that allows scareactors to grab you. I'd see those having more of a challenge to still keep their profitability and abide by distancing.

KI would also have to cancel or somehow limit Pumpkin Fest and the trick or treating. 

4 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

Honestly the main thing attractive about the haunt right now is a chance to ride Orion at night. Not all of us can make it down there on the 4th. Who would have though getting a night ride on the new coaster would be a rare thing. 

Those who get to the attend the first rider auction will get a shot at night rides. The event runs from 5-10 pm. 

41 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Those who get to the attend the first rider auction will get a shot at night rides. The event runs from 5-10 pm. 

We've never done one of these, do they do an opening ceremony or anything? I don't want to rush to get back there and miss some of it.

39 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

We've never done one of these, do they do an opening ceremony or anything? I don't want to rush to get back there and miss some of it.

Idk if they are going to do a ceremony or not. However, since they aren't doing media day, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a mini opening ceremony. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Virginia capped attendance at 1,000 guests when Phase 3 starts July 1st, so for the moment Kings Dominion and Bush Gardens Williamsburg re-opening this year is taking a big hit.

https://wset.com/news/local/kings-dominion-busch-gardens-frustrated-with-phase-3-restrictions

Wow, that is nuts! How many guests does KD average on a normal summer day? That seems way too strict.