Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Those who get to the attend the first rider auction will get a shot at night rides. The event runs from 5-10 pm. 

I hope I gets to meet you.  You know a famous man on the news you work at King's island, and you going to ride Orion at first. I jealous. 

22 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Virginia capped attendance at 1,000 guests when Phase 3 starts July 1st, so for the moment Kings Dominion and Bush Gardens Williamsburg re-opening this year is taking a big hit.

https://wset.com/news/local/kings-dominion-busch-gardens-frustrated-with-phase-3-restrictions

Also mask requirement for guests by the state. 

I still haven't seen what Ohio's requirements were for amusement parks to open. 

1 hour ago, dbackdreams said:

I hope I gets to meet you.  You know a famous man on the news you work at King's island, and you going to ride Orion at first. I jealous. 

I don't know John Matarese personally lol. I've met him and took a pic with him and yes, I did message him a little bit before Orion was announced and was told that the park doesn't like me doing that so I stopped lol. 

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't know John Matarese personally lol. I've met him and took a pic with him and yes, I did message him a little bit before Orion was announced and was told that the park doesn't like me doing that so I stopped lol. 

Well I still think you kewl my dude I want meet you. You like a rock star!!! I jealous you get to ride Orion first of all!

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I think they should skip haunt this year, no way in hell they can make it work with social distancing. I could careless about haunt anyway.

Instead of mazes, just put the jump scare animatronics in places along the rides lol like if they put one in the center grass area of The Beast's helix then lit it with strobes boom social distanced coaster and haunt!  The park could become one giant scare park the maze actors joining the roaming ones etc.  probably have to make no boo pathways though cause well ya know some don't like being scared yet come to haunt lol 

edit to add: think like in terms of haunted hay rides. Distanced yet scary and fun

5 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Instead of mazes, just put the jump scare animatronics in places along the rides lol like if they put one in the center grass area of The Beast's helix then lit it with strobes boom social distanced coaster and haunt!  The park could become one giant scare park the maze actors joining the roaming ones etc.  probably have to make no boo pathways though cause well ya know some don't like being scared yet come to haunt lol 

edit to add: think like in terms of haunted hay rides. Distanced yet scary and fun

Do you know how much an animatronic is and how hard it is to maintain when drunken idiots mess with it?

7 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Do you know how much an animatronic is and how hard it is to maintain when drunken idiots mess with it?

I didn't say put them where the GP could touch them ;) if they can touch them they are in the ride zones and in off limit areas lol.  But I do know they are heavy and with weather could be difficult to place them in the grassy nooks by a ride.  It was just a funny idea

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I think they should skip haunt this year, no way in hell they can make it work with social distancing. I could careless about haunt anyway.

With social distancing policies in place, there’ll be no demand for No-Boo necklaces and Halloween Haunt would become financially nonviable.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Not to mention when parents let their kids hop the fence and mess with the giant troll by The Racer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Part of the reason I don’t expect Haunt mazes to happen this year is because maintaing distance from people in front of and behind you while walking through a dark maze seems hard to do, plus I don’t know how parks would be able to enforce that.

You could throttle it and make it so no strangers go in together. However this leads to another problem. I usually go alone and I hate walking through a maze alone or first. I prefer to see reactions from people.

6 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

I didn't say put them where the GP could touch them ;) if they can touch them they are in the ride zones and in off limit areas lol.  But I do know they are heavy and with weather could be difficult to place them in the grassy nooks by a ride.  It was just a funny idea

The Shed would be a good place for a couple though. If they spent the extra $ the tunnel for Racers could possibly have a couple drop doors for actors or props. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Virginia capped attendance at 1,000 guests when Phase 3 starts July 1st, so for the moment Kings Dominion and Bush Gardens Williamsburg re-opening this year is taking a big hit.

https://wset.com/news/local/kings-dominion-busch-gardens-frustrated-with-phase-3-restrictions

2 major parks looking at not even opening this summer makes the situation about masks seems even less important.  It can always be worse. "Strap It On & Ride!"  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Hours for Cedar Point are 11-8 every day.

Their app changed over this morning like KI did last week.  Reservations probably start Monday or Tuesday next week.

Yeah it looks like they're following the exact same schedule - KI put their hours/instructions up last Thursday as well. 

Realistically, it does not make much sense to open the water park for just one month.  By the time they get all the slides filled, inspected and ready to go, there simply will not be much time left in summer before school`s start ramping back up.

3 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Realistically, it does not make much sense to open the water park for just one month.  By the time they get all the slides filled, inspected and ready to go, there simply will not be much time left in summer before school`s start ramping back up.

I wish no school and just do online. School take to much time from Daimonbdack. I think school owe me that. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, spooky21 said:

It appears they are going to attemp to do the haunt. On the site they added an update under it just like they have done to Soak City, early ride times, and bring a friend.

42F4309C-393A-4653-91CE-D225E001B269.jpeg

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

i really cant tell if this is a 6 year old, a troll, or a non-native speaker

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's a troll.

59 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

852 new cases, R value of 1.49

This is concerning. CNN is stating that the majority of the spike is around Cincinnati?