Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

4 minutes ago, chibul said:

Sorry, but this is absolutely absurd and socially irresponsible. There's literally no evidence that "immunity" even exists with this strain of coronavirus. 

Well if you feel the need for security from vaccine go vaccinate, I will simply use my right to not, as I have zero concern about my immunity/health from it. 

We all have opinions I will agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Well if you feel the need for security from vaccine go vaccinate, I will simply use my right to not, as I have zero concern about my immunity/health from it. 

And this is why we will all be wearing masks again next summer at KI.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

It's not a matter of opinion. It's literally scientific and medical fact.

Not to mention the fewer people that vaccinate, the less good a vaccination does. So should we take that to mean you also have zero concern about the health/immunity of others, as well?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand this.  It seems infinitely more difficult to SD in a waterpark than dry.  Specifically a lazy river and wave pool.  The towers seem possible if they severely limit the number of kids allowed up the stairs at a time.   Slides are mostly kids and without supervision tend bunch up on the steps.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I found this article from CNN. I think that we can get rid of some of the restrictions if a widely available effective treatment comes available. I would rather have that than a rushed vaccine. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/08/opinions/covid-19-treatment-reason-for-hope-haseltine/index.html

Fantastic article, and I agree completely. If we can get some real treatments for this thing that render it to a flu/common cold type virus, that'll go a long, long way toward getting "back to normal". 

• Like 1

I wouldn't feel too good about getting a rushed vaccine. A true vaccine takes years and years to develop. With a rushed vaccine, we don't know if there are long term side effects. And if you can get it more than once, would a vaccine even do any good if your immunity doesn't last long?  What if the virus mutates? Then the vaccine is useless and they have to come up with a new one. I think an effective treatment would be a better solution for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

This right here.  

Also mask or no mask with these levels of humidity and 90F+ days it is miserable outside especially if one is not acclimated to it which many of us are not because we haven’t been spending as much time outside doing stuff as we normally would.

I bet the employees are even more miserable than the guests but are probably not allowed to post about it.     

I assure you that the employees are far more miserable. Where we get to walk around the park, and get some moving air across our face, they are standing in the stations most of their day. It's hot and miserable for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I assure you that the employees are far more miserable. Where we get to walk around the park, and get some moving air across our face, they are standing in the stations most of their day. It's hot and miserable for sure. 

This is my opinion only:
Actually it is not hot or miserable, you just have to get yourself in the mind set that you are wearing your mask to protect your guests, your coworkers and your family. 

I find it far more bothersome that my mask hides my smile from my guests than anything else.

I won’t say which amusement park I work at. My job is just as enjoyable with the mask as it was before pre-covid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RollerNut said:

This is my opinion only:
Actually it is not hot or miserable, you just have to get yourself in the mind set that you are wearing your mask to protect your guests, your coworkers and your family. 

I find it far more bothersome that my mask hides my smile from my guests than anything else.

I won’t say which amusement park I work at. My job is just as enjoyable with the mask as it was before pre-covid. 

That's fair!! We're glad you are doing what you do, at the undisclosed park you do it at. Stay hydrated, and keep having fun!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chibul said:

....that's it? They're not going to tell people where the associate worked, what hours they worked, etc?

Sorry, but that's absolute negligence on KI's part.

Not required, if you were there and you are concerned, you should get tested.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chibul said:

....that's it? They're not going to tell people where the associate worked, what hours they worked, etc?

Sorry, but that's absolute negligence on KI's part.

I think it would put a lot of visitors minds at ease if they would at least provide the last day the employee worked and the area. They said the area would be closed to the public and employees so they can clean and sanitize. If anyone goes to the park tonight they may be able to figure out what area if it is still closed down for cleaning. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Not required, if you were there and you are concerned, you should get tested.

It's not a matter of if it's "not required". Come on. It's a public health situation. Doesn't matter if it's not required, it's the right thing to do.