Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

I think everyone is just not used to COVID so they are going off of what they may know and presenting it as fact. That or they are trying to get likes on social media.

I guess what I’m saying is you can’t really blame them. Nobody knows what the heck happened. Not even scientists can exactly pinpoint how COVID started.

Is the coronavirus political?  Only if you want it to be.  Just a small tidbit: if it is political, this would mark the first time in World history that all countries can actually agree on something- the virus has many fatalities and we still know little about it.

There is nothing in the constitution that prevents a city, state, or business from requiring you from wearing a mask.

Saying BLM does not mean that you think all lives do not matter.  Saying hug a tree does not mean you don't like bushes.

The confederate flag represents the darkest time in our nation's history where the divide was so bad, the death count dwarfs all wars.  The only reason to remember it is so that the same mistakes are not made again.

Instead of finding something else to be angry about, how about we all look to heal "US".

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MisterSG1 said:

This is one of the attitudes that's causing the massive spread in the US. You may not get sick, but you may potentially pass the virus to many other people causing a lot more to get sick.

The Government of Ontario announced today that Ontario's Stage 3 will not include the opening of Canada's Wonderland, and i think it's a good move personally. There's way too much risk at this point. Ohio and Ontario aren't too far off in population, Alarming that on July 10, Ohio reported over 1,500 cases, while here in Ontario, we have been reporting roughly 110-130 daily cases for the past two weeks.

My concern about the parks opening as well is how 'militant' will associates need to be with guests wearing masks. If security doesn't immediately kick them out than I think there's way too much risk in keeping the park open.

I'm not exactly blasé about COVID-19. Wearing face coverings, frequently washing hands, and applying hand sanitizer has become a norm in my daily life.

2 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I think everyone is just not used to COVID so they are going off of what they may know and presenting it as fact. That or they are trying to get likes on social media.

I guess what I’m saying is you can’t really blame them. Nobody knows what the heck happened. Not even scientists can exactly pinpoint how COVID started.

How does pinpointing how COVID started help with the current situation?   There is certainly value in knowing that answer so we can help minimize the risk of it happening again but other than that so what?  It is here. If the building has an uncontrollable fire the concern is not with determining if it was caused by arson or faulty electrical equipment, the immediate concern is extinguishing it.  

That is unless your implication is there is some conspiracy involved here and thus looking to affix blame.  No reputable scientist I am aware of has found any indication this is a man-made or influenced contagion.  

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

No reputable scientist I am aware of has found any indication this is a man-made or influenced contagion.  

Will you at least admit there is reasonable intelligence suggesting it escaped out of a Wuhan laboratory as opposed to some random wet market?

16 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Hopefully he doesn't shut down the parks, my family and I are going to be at CP from Thurs-Sat, would be a shame if that were to be cancelled 

FYI beginning Thursday Erie county will require face masks in all public places. Obviously CP is already requiring, but if you plan any other stops or a non CF hotel it may effect you. Also about 50% of the park is currently operating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatchesC said:

FYI beginning Thursday Erie county will require face masks in all public places. Obviously CP is already requiring, but if you plan any other stops or a non CF hotel it may effect you.

I already wear my mask in all public places and have been doing so since late March, so this really doesn't affect us. My white neck gaiter also has the benefit of keeping my neck cool and keeping the sun off of it. Less risk for a sunburn is always a plus!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I already wear my mask in all public places and have been doing so since late March, so this really doesn't affect us. My white neck gaiter also has the benefit of keeping my neck cool and keeping the sun off of it. Less risk for a sunburn is always a plus!

I thought you were on the orion crew?

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

How does pinpointing how COVID started help with the current situation?   There is certainly value in knowing that answer so we can help minimize the risk of it happening again but other than that so what?  It is here. If the building has an uncontrollable fire the concern is not with determining if it was caused by arson or faulty electrical equipment, the immediate concern is extinguishing it.  

That is unless your implication is there is some conspiracy involved here and thus looking to affix blame.  No reputable scientist I am aware of has found any indication this is a man-made or influenced contagion.  

Well I would think if we know the cause that we could maybe find a cure. But that’s just my opinion

2 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well I would think if we know the cause that we could maybe find a cure. But that’s just my opinion

Cool.  How exactly does that work?  Not being flip, these types of viruses usually make a jump from animals to humans. So how does knowing what kind of animal or even the specific one help us find a cure?  Even if it escaped from a lab, I don’t understand how that helps.

4 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Cool.  How exactly does that work?

Well let’s say the whole bat thing happened. We would know where it comes from and it would maybe be a little easier to make a vaccine.

Maybe the whole man made thing is right and maybe we just need to find who did it and get a cure. That kind of stuff.

Again, this is just an opinion. I don’t want to start another argument or lecture, especially with the exact same user that it always happens with. I don’t know if what I’m saying sounds plausible to you guys or not but I’m only a teen and not all things that come out of my mouth are smart lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well let’s say the whole bat thing happened. We would know where it comes from and it would maybe be a little easier to make a vaccine.

That's not how vaccines work.  All that really matters is understanding how the virus actually operates - how it infects the body, what it's composed of, and what can be done to prevent it from infecting someone.  Where it came from isn't a factor in that science, unless of course you have evidence there is a lab that created this virus and thus knows its intimate details.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsus said:

That's not how vaccines work.  All that really matters is understanding how the virus actually operates - how it infects the body, what it's composed of, and what can be done to prevent it from infecting someone.  Where it came from isn't a factor in that science, unless of course you have evidence there is a lab that created this virus and thus knows its intimate details.

I’m not a scientist, I just went with it.

To be honest I don’t know why this thread was made in the first place. This website is made for enthusiasts to thrive and have fun and not having to worry about anything. I come on here to have fun. In my opinion, this thread completely ruins the purpose of coming on here and having fun if we are just going to see worrying facts all the time. Not trying to start an argument here, I just don’t see any plausible reason of this thread.

13 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I’m not a scientist, I just went with it.

To be honest I don’t know why this thread was made in the first place. This website is made for enthusiasts to thrive and have fun and not having to worry about anything. I come on here to have fun. In my opinion, this thread completely ruins the purpose of coming on here and having fun if we are just going to see worrying facts all the time. Not trying to start an argument here, I just don’t see any plausible reason of this thread.

Some people like the open exchange of opinions and ideas.   My question to you is if you do not like this thread why do you read it and post in it?   There are threads on this forum I do not like, so I ignore them. 

• Like 2

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Some people like the open exchange of opinions and ideas.   My question to you is if you do not like this thread why do you read it and post in it?   There are threads on this forum I do not like, so I ignore them. 

Sometimes there isn’t anything else. Everybody is so busy on this thread that everything else is basically dead for the day. Plus sometimes there are some interesting news posted on here, but that is sort of rare. Everything else is everyone arguing and complaining over everyone else’s opinions and I don’t want to be part of that.

• Confused 1

Just now, jsus said:

Or there's only so much to talk about related to KI, so without this thread, there'd be even less activity around here?  *shrug*

No I’m saying that there is less activity on here because of this thread. I think without it there would be much more conversation on many other better threads

8 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

No I’m saying that there is less activity on here because of this thread. I think without it there would be much more conversation on many other better threads

Like what drones and stuff:P

There are plenty of forum members that avoid this thread if this site is an escape for them.  It isn't like the people posting in this thread are like "Hmm should I post about corona or Orion"...

As evidenced by all the reservation openings, many many people are not going to the park, so only so much one can say about the park when they haven't been in there this year...

But this is an important aspect of amusement park operations, good or bad.  If you don't wanna see it, block the thread...

Sometimes it is better keeping all the arguments in one thread LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

This is why I really wish everyone would just get on board with wearing masks in public. The director of the CDC has said that if everyone in the U.S. wore a mask, the epidemic could be brought under control in about 4 to 6 weeks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cdc-idUSKCN24F2PG

I'm not picking on this specific news story, but how many models or predictions related to this virus have in reality been anywhere in the ballpark of what they predicted?  Just some other questions rattling around in my head right now:

• Why is that mask use in the US has increased significantly in the past few months (60%-80% current usage depending on the source) and yet the number of cases is still climbing?
  • Why is it that despite that huge increases in US cases - 3 times as many daily average cases today as compared to two months ago - that the daily average number of deaths has gone down during that time? Source
  • Why is that South Africa and most South American countries, despite having a couple month advance notice that this virus was coming, imposed mandatory masks orders around May 1 and yet their case numbers are continuing to climb? Source
  • Why is Sweden, who imposed no lockdown nor mandatory mask requirements (less than 10% mask usage there), seeing both their case and mortality numbers consistently go down? Source
  • Why do Asian countries still have major seasonal flu outbreaks despite high mask usage there during flu season? Source

This virus simply can't be controlled by man-made measures.  If it were controllable we would have been able to contain the common cold and the seasonal flu a long time ago.  The sooner we stop looking at these (often grossly incorrect) models and assumptions and start looking at the data we do have available the better off we'll be.

• Like 1