Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Well I talk to my friends last night and they said that they are not gona wear maks.  I was like come on my dudes we need school and not to be locked away and dad said school good in many ways. So I told them to go to King's island and wear mask and they didn't know it's open! So many I get to go back to because dad is busy with a special stuff at work

• Like 1

Three CP employees test positive for COVID 19

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/267036/cedar-point-employees-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Just like the KI employee no specifics are being released. There are bound to be more at the parks but at least they finding some and taking action. CP has only been open a week and given the probable long test turnaround time it seems like a low probability these infections occurred at the park, at least while open.

• Like 1

At least 31 percent of children tested in Florida are positive for COVID-19: report

https://www.foxnews.com/health/over-31-percent-florida-children-tested-florida-positive-covid-19-report

Nearly one-third of every person under 18 years old tested for the coronavirus in Florida are positive for the virus, according to a report on Friday.

Palm Beach County’s health department director, Dr. Alina Alonso, warned county commissioners Tuesday about the potential long-term health consequences for children who catch COVID-19. She said the virus could cause lifelong damage even for children with mild illnesses.

They are seeing there is damage to the lungs in these asymptomatic children. ... We don’t know how that is going to manifest a year from now or two years from now,” Alonso said, according to the Sun-Sentinel. “Is that child going to have chronic pulmonary problems or not?”

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

So you are saying we can use all the empty airplanes as modular classrooms?  :P

That's a really hilarious and cool idea. A teacher at my school brings his brother's Monster Truck to school every year for kids to ride. It's awesome. I like it!

https://monstertruck.fandom.com/wiki/Coyote_Hunter

I work with Bill's brother Al. 

• Haha 1

D999655D-B41E-417B-9C10-06AE13105993.gif

Monday

“The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it," Woolery wrote. 

Wednesday

“To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones," Woolery tweeted before his account disappeared. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/507663-chuck-woolery-deletes-twitter-account-after-announcing-his-son-has-coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Chuck Woollery, what a shame. I do remember him fondly from Greed, a very good game show that was highly underrated. Many saw it simply as a Millionaire rip off but it was much more enjoyable to watch. It adds a lot of other dynamics to it which Millionaire didn’t have, but I digress.

I think many thought it would be over by the summer because they were banking on the last time we were through this, especially here in Toronto. I’m talking about SARS in 2003. During SARS, it broke out around the same time as COVID-19 did and just disappeared by the time summer rolled around. There was even an outdoor festival concert featuring AC/DC and the Rolling Stones when the outbreak was over in Toronto that summer

Remember that COVID-19’s full name is SARS Cov-2, in essence SARS 2. When I first heard about it, I thought it was gonna be similar to the SARS outbreak and nothing much would change, but obviously I was wrong.

Although during SARS, Toronto was a hot spot, it should be noted that life didn’t change much, only hospitals moved into a place where masks were required.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I do think it's funny all the countries not letting American's in. What a novel idea.

Although the Canada/US border is mutually closed to citizens of the other country in both cases, it’s Canada who wants to keep it going and sadly I thought I’d never agree with a border closure as long as I lived.

A border closure has never occurred as long as Canada existed as a sovereign nation, except for a day long closure of the US border on 9/11.

That being said, if the US cases were substantially lower, think 2,000 new cases a day on average, then probably the border would reopen. But it’s the high numbers solely that’s causing countries around the world to bar Americans.

9 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

you're going to get it. faster everyone gets it, faster we are done with "epidemic" itl become a lesser flu. 

You do know they still aren't sure about the ability to catch it twice.  Plus no one knows the long term effects of the virus.  It is possible that just because someone is asymptomatic doesn't mean the virus can't do permanent damage to the brain or lungs.  Plus you do realize that not everyone contracted HIV or SARS but those viruses have been reduced from their non-pandemic status and it wasn't done through 'herd immunity'.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/16/covid-19-can-you-get-infected-twice-herd-immunity/5429012002/

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/dozens-more-cases-reported-of-neurological-problems-in-covid-19-67717

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lifelong-lung-damage-the-serious-covid-19-complication-that-can-hit-people-in-their-20s

• Like 5

Cedar Fair once again is the leader among companies with the mask requirement.  Kudo's to them having the courage and forethought to help fight the spread! 

I guess people who don't want to wear masks won't be going to Kroger, Target, Sam's Club, Walgreens, Publix, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS, Kohls, Costco, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Menards, Starbucks, Verizon, Panera Bread,  etc.  Where's the outcry and petition over these companies?  (Crap, that means they'll have more time to sit home and post :)) Kudos' to all of the stores for doing their part during the pandemic.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Cedar Fair once again is the leader among companies with the mask requirement.  Kudo's to them having the courage and forethought to help fight the spread! 

I guess people who don't want to wear masks won't be going to Kroger, Target, Sam's Club, Walgreens, Publix, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS, Kohls, Costco, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Menards, Starbucks, Verizon, Panera Bread,  etc.  Where's the outcry and petition over these companies?  (Crap, that means they'll have more time to sit home and post :)) Kudos' to all of the stores for doing their part during the pandemic.

All the major amusement park chains required masks.  Those rinky dink parks are the ones that don't require masks.

3 hours ago, raggedman07 said:

Ummm...would that damage not then be a symptom?

My apologies, I should have said 'seemed' asymptomatic.  The damage would be a symptom once they are able to recognize the damage, which may not be till later (maybe years or decades).  It's not like they give a complete MRI or CAT scan to every person who tests positive for COVID.  This is also the reasons vaccines take so long in the later stages of testing.  Usually they wait 6 - 18 months after the treatment to rule out any side effects.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

I guess I simply don’t care about it. I’m open to getting it, whether or not I get antibodies it’s shown that the next tine you get it, the strain will be less strong.

so meh. Drink the koolaid

We'll wait till you're done with it.  On second thought with the pandemic we shouldn't drink after everyone, plus it seems as if you've finished it off.  It's not about you, it's about your fellow man you may spread it to.  Guess you don't care about them either.

• Like 9

Last year I had a terrible cough that wouldn't go away for 4 or 5 months. It was awful and that was without flu-like symptoms, such as fever. Anybody who "doesn't care" about getting a respiratory disease has to be eating paint chips. 

• Like 6