Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

2 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

While I agree with that I think my argument for opening has been lost. People are gonna have private Christmas new years parties and pass the virus around. Should they? No. But they will anyways. Doing it at King's Island safely wearing masks and being 6 feet away is the lesser of 2 evils.

So we should not get together with family and friends for maybe the last chance to see others?  We will never know when we will be taken from this earth, but we are going to be threatened by the media that having a gathering will kill us.  Please pay attention to the ones that are telling you that you can't gather.  California governor disobeyed his order by having a party.  Is there a danger?  Yes, but protect to ones that are compromised.  Wear masks around them if needed.  But, for the most of us, we have a 99.98% or more chance of survival.  Am I willing to give up my freedom for that?  No.  Be with family, it may be the last time.  Protect them, but be with them.

Now, back to the question I asked earlier as I was thinking someone here might have a definite answer about how many people have been infected at amusement parks.  One person said probably zero, and I would believe that.  Most parks are taking several protective measures, maybe more than needed, but why should the parks not open when they have the chance.  It is time to open America back up.  Let the parks open to no restrictions, but give the park the ability to do there own safety protocol.  I have seen many complaining about Indiana Beach and their lack of safety, but if no cases have came from there, maybe there is something to that.  If you don't feel safe, don't go.  However, if we keep pushing the fear into everything, the middle class will be no more.  

This is my opinion, you are welcome to disagree.  Just look at the things around you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster now seating every row at Hollywood Studios

Slinky Dog Dash now seating every row at Hollywood Studios

*Single riders still get their own row.  They are not placed in empty seats with a different party.

Hoping we can get there at KI next season!  I cannot wait to ride Orion with a full train!!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

*Single riders still get their own row.  They are not placed in empty seats with a different party.

Hoping we can get there at KI next season!  I cannot wait to ride Orion with a full train!!!!!

That would be great to have at Kings Island next year! Capacity would not only double but good rows could be made available again on many rides. I also hope Kings Island brings back Diamondback, Banshee, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Mystic Timbers’ third train. The wait times for Mystic Timbers and Diamondback especially were extremely long.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I also hope Kings Island brings back Diamondback, Banshee, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Mystic Timbers’ third train. The wait times for Mystic Timbers and Diamondback especially were extremely long.

I believe the reason they only had 2/3 trains this year was because I believe they were in the middle of re assembling the trains when everything shut down. They probably wouldn't have been able to get all the third trains up in time so they decided to just go for 2 trains on everything. Orion was done and fully assembled so that didn't matter. 

44 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

That's pretty much what they did for Banshee. They only did one party each row, but allowed a group of 4 to sit in the same row. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Thabto said:

If most airlines have stopped leaving middle seats open in a confined enclosed space, then certainly we can start seating every row on an outdoor coaster again. 

Yes, all of this!!!  Id be 100% on board with A)going back to full trains, even if the mask requirement remains for the queues and for all building structures OR (prefrrably) B)Having a card with one's name and/or photo on it showing verification of receiving the vax and simply being able to show it to security/admissions to compare to my pass name and photo for unrestricted access to the parks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

Yes, all of this!!!  Id be 100% on board with A)going back to full trains, even if the mask requirement remains for the queues and for all building structures OR (prefrrably) B)Having a card with one's name and/or photo on it showing verification of receiving the vax and simply being able to show it to security/admissions to compare to my pass name and photo for unrestricted access to the parks.

This is a HIPPA violation and a violation of rights.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

) B)Having a card with one's name and/or photo on it showing verification of receiving the vax and simply being able to show it to security/admissions to compare to my pass name and photo for unrestricted access to the parks.

@alsoran You mean this part, right?

Also, I may be mistaken here, but I believe if someone voluntarily provides proof of vaccination, that is not any type of violation.  HIPPA only really comes in to play when that type of information is given out without consent of the individual.  Hence why you have to sign all of the forms giving permission for the doctors to tell immediate family member of any condition, should you choose.

Regarding rights, I believe it has been discussed at length in other topics what we are, and are not, entitled to as patrons of the park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1.  I will not get a vaccine for something I am 99.98% survivability rate or better.  I would guess many feel this way.

2. Is this the beginning of a mark for purchases?  I know religion is not permitted, but this is a thought on many minds and needs addressed.  I will not argue for or against any one religion, but I know what I believe and will stand for that,

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

If you've had the vaccine, why do you care if I've had it?

In order for people to be truly protected from COVID-19, there needs to be herd immunity where the people around you are also protected with a vaccine. If someone gets the vaccine, there is still a small chance they can catch it from others they are around if they have not been vaccinated. By choosing to get vaccinated, you are not only protecting yourself but others whom you know and strangers who you don’t know.

• Like 5

Oh, for the "I aint gettin no dang guvment vaxxine, its got one of dem dang trackers in it" demographic..... may I ask if the aforementioned are posting on, or even carrying, a smart phone?  No more will be said.  Ive addressed what Id like to see, I know Im already on lists, I have no concern about willingly getting a vaccine provided it will allow me to contribute to the eventual return of normalcy, I wish to "freely" (pure freedom is anarchy and unsustainable) enjoy the time Ive got left to enjoy this go around, and I can happily sit back and watch the rest of things unfold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alsoran said:

1.  I will not get a vaccine for something I am 99.98% survivability rate or better.  I would guess many feel this way.

"Survival" is not the only important metric.  There are countless cases of people who "recovered" and are still suffering with various symptoms months later.  Concerns for lasting lung damage, mental health issues, etc.  So you might not die, but your life will never be the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2. Is this the beginning of a mark for purchases?  I know religion is not permitted, but this is a thought on many minds and needs addressed.  I will not argue for or against any one religion, but I know what I believe and will stand for that,

I'm a christian and the son of a former church minister (left ministry for personal reasons) and I had a long talk with my dad and we both agree that this vaccine or any vaccine is likely not the mark of The Beast found in the bible. According to the book of revelation, the mark is going to be used in worship of the antichrist. Taking a  vaccine isn't worshipping anything. That's one thing I want to clear up. However, I don't want to get too technical in religion or politics because obviously those aren't allowed on here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jsus said:

"Survival" is not the only important metric.  There are countless cases of people who "recovered" and are still suffering with various symptoms months later.  Concerns for lasting lung damage, mental health issues, etc.  So you might not die, but your life will never be the same.

So you are saying our lives haven't changed the way it is?  The reason I refuse the vaccine has nothing to do with the mark of The Beast, the card or anything like that, I don't need.  The reason I refuse the vaccine is because I don't get any vaccines of now.  I don't get the flu vaccine because I don't want it.  This is the same.  If I get the Virus, so be it, that is my choice and I will either live with the consequences, or I will be called home.  Please don't take this as an argument, I just want to clarify why I don't want this.  The fear the media has spread will not influence my decisions.  I mention the numbers, which I really believe are inflated, just so others can see my understanding on how I feel about the scare tactics.  I have had friends that have had this, and yes, a couple have went home, but those that went home, had other conditions.  Some, had a slight fever and a positive test.  I have seen from one extreme to the other, and am still refusing to fear this virus.

IBEW_Sparky-  You are correct on the phone.  I am not a fan of the tracking with it and try to ignore that as much as possible.  I don't believe it matters on who has accepted the vaccine and who hasn't.  Fear has caused the people to argue and fight over how others feel.  If masks work, then open the country, if social distancing works, then spread people out.  I card saying I have been vaccinated is not going to change these things.  Lastly, am I saying this is the mark of The Beast?  No, but it can lead to it.  

I will say this again to finish, you don't have to agree with me, nor I with you.  However, I will respect your wishes as best I can.  I just hope people question all things being presented.  You all have to make your own mind up on How you feel about what is going on.  I will respect that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I will say this again to finish, you don't have to agree with me, nor I with you.  However, I will respect your wishes as best I can.  I just hope people question all things being presented.  You all have to make your own mind up on How you feel about what is going on.  I will respect that. 

All I did was note that survival rate is not everything.  I'm not sure why you quoted me or if you even disagree with me (not sure how that even works).

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

If you get the vaccine, great!  But don't be complacent with it.  The claims of 90-95% effectiveness are wonderful, but if people have the mentality of "I'm vaccinated, so I am good!", a false sense of security can ensue.

Also, it's not "HIPPA"--its HIPAA! )

If it's stay home and mask up without the vaccine, and stay home and mask up with the vaccine because you can't get complacent, then what is the point? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

If it's stay home and mask up without the vaccine, and stay home and mask up with the vaccine because you can't get complacent, then what is the point? 

Where did I say that one should get the vaccine, stay at home and mask up?

My point is that while a tool in the box, a vaccine is not foolproof.  If I get the flu vaccine, do I hang out with 10 people who are snotting, sneezing and sweating without being conscious of my surroundings?  No.

If my house is a comfortable 72 and the outside temp is 17, do I go out for extended time periods in my speedo only, because "I have heat, and go back inside and warm up."?

If I buy some chicken at Kroger, and have a skillet or air fryer, do I eat it raw?

In a like manner....if one chooses to get vaccinated, one should still use caution.

Common sense applies here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My point is that while a tool in the box, a vaccine is not foolproof.  If I get the flu vaccine, do I hang out with 10 people who are snotting, sneezing and sweating without being conscious of my surroundings?  No.

If my house is a comfortable 72 and the outside temp is 17, do I go out for extended time periods in my speedo only, because "I have heat, and go back inside and warm up."?

If I buy some chicken at Kroger, and have a skillet or air fryer, do I eat it raw?

In a like manner....if one chooses to get vaccinated, one should still use caution.

It's the same with any other preventative measure.  You don't ignore all the other measures; instead, they all work together to keep you safe.

In a car equipped with automatic emergency braking, it's the last line of defense.  Not an excuse for you to not watch out and be proactive to avoid dangerous situations.  We have airbags and seatbelts in cars, but we still strive to not be in a crash to test these (and more) defenses.

Modern commercial and multi-tenant buildings are equipped with fire suppression systems, but we still take great efforts to prevent uncontrolled fires from starting inside a building.

It's better to be proactive than reactive.  Being proactive doesn't mean hiding from all risk of danger.  It means taking reasonable efforts to ensure we don't need to rely on our last line of defenses.  Yes, our body does have the defenses of the anti-bodies built by the vaccine, but that should be the last line of defense, much like automatic emergency braking, seat belts, airbags, etc. in a car, or the fire suppression system that erroneously tripped in a school one time..

In the case of COVID-19, being proactive means still continuing to physically distance from others, and not hang around those who are sick.  It doesn't mean you have to hide next to the ballots under a rock. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where did I say that one should get the vaccine, stay at home and mask up?

These are all common sense and are probably things you should do anyway.  None of those things are cause for industries to be restricted in any way.  That's what we are talking about.  Why are businesses being restricted in any way if a vaccine is available?

We both agree that doing stupid things is dumb.  We don't seem to agree that life should "return to normal" once people have access to the vaccine.  I know we don't agree on "returning to normal" before the vaccine is widely available.  We can disagree.  Not a problem.  Neither of us control our future here, the govt does, which sucks.

1 minute ago, jimlaheyscar said:

These are all common sense and are probably things you should do anyway.  None of those things are cause for industries to be restricted in any way.  That's what we are talking about.  Why are businesses being restricted in any way if a vaccine is available?

We both agree that doing stupid things is dumb.  We don't seem to agree that life should "return to normal" once people have access to the vaccine.  I know we don't agree on "returning to normal" before the vaccine is widely available.  We can disagree.  Not a problem.  Neither of us control our future here, the govt does, which sucks.

People are stupid and will continue to do stupid things, like refuse to wear masks and practice physical distancing.

We won't have a majority of people vaccinated for quite some time (months?  a year?), and enough to have adequate herd immunity will take even longer.

That said, a lot of the measures our governments have taken have been... questionable at best.  Apparently COVID-19 only spreads at night in states like Ohio..

There's not going to be an overnight switch-flip of "back to normal".  Some things will never be the same again.  Some people will need time to readjust to going out into modern society again.  It's all going to be gradual no matter how you do it, even if only because that's what the people need.

• Like 2

Truth is, we will never be fully "rid" of COVID.  So... we're going to have to learn to live with and manage it.  We can beat it down with herd immunity- but it isn't something we'll ever be 100% rid of.  Measles is still around.  Mumps is still around.  Common Cold (a coronavirus) is still around.  The best thing that has happened is the development of the Vaccine, yes- but also therapeutics have come a long way in a short time.  For some- the treatments, when addressed immediately, have resulted in the virus being neutralized within 2-3 days- in otherwise healthy people. 

Going forward, the vaccine and current infections will get us to a herd-immunity level that will be sustainable.  However, we will need to "ditch" the social distancing, mask wearing, over sanitization, etc... that have been present to allow the population to have a continuous, ongoing exposure to it to keep immunity levels up.  If we try to sanitize our way to health, we'll be susceptible to everything. There have been several doctors groups that have said- if you've recovered from it or had the vaccination- drop the overprotecting or the immune system will forget to protect against it.

In the future, COVID will probably be part of every annual flu vaccine (just as H1N1 is)- if you're immuno-compromised, protect yourself. and if you have symptoms or are diagnosed- get the therapeutics prescribed immediately.

In positive news: as of yesterday only 8 states have growing infection rates. 20 currently have flat graphs, and 22 have declining daily infection rates (some dramatically).  MUCH better than a month ago that had 48 states with increasing rates.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

In positive news: as of yesterday only 8 states have growing infection rates. 20 currently have flat graphs, and 22 have declining daily infection rates (some dramatically).  MUCH better than a month ago that had 48 states with increasing rates.

Do you have a source for that?