Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

13 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Pretty much every park but Cedar Fair loads full trains now.

But to be fair, there are not currently any Cedar Fair parks that are open to use as a reference.  They maybe intending to load full rows, but we won`t know until the parks start to open in a couple of months.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

are the other parks paring single riders?

I have heard no reports of pairing single riders.  If you are a single rider, you will still have a row to your self.  But you would have another party in the row behind you and in front of you.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, coaster sally said:

A park in Florida is different than a park in Ohio.  

Dollywood filled every row this weekend, took away just about every mask free zone so maybe we are close  to only masks for indoor shows, shopping and dining areas that are indoors. I hope so it would be nice to only need them for tight spaces and not in the open air.

they also opened the museum with controlled capacity and quite a few indoor theatres limited but open again. I think we're on the up swing hopefully.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Dollywood filled every row this weekend, took away just about every mask free zone so maybe we are close  to only masks for indoor shows, shopping and dining areas that are indoors. I hope so it would be nice to only need them for tight spaces and not in the open air.

they also opened the museum with controlled capacity and quite a few indoor theatres limited but open again. I think we're on the up swing hopefully.  

Are you saying masks were not needed except for indoors?

59 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

I think there's a bit of leniency when it comes to outdoors as long as there is still distancing and PPE is still on someone's person.

There are scenarios, however, where outside PPE should still be strongly encouraged. You have places where its harder to safely socially distance oneself without a mask, like cities with large population densities, outdoor sports and event venues, amusement parks, and so on and so forth. 

2 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Dollywood didn't have the mask free zones for Christmas in the Smokies either. They opened all the theaters for that too and likely still have the same rules in place. Any coaster with a high seat back like Tennessee Tornado were seating every row too.

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is Dollywood unloading only one row at a time? That was one of the most pointless things Kings Island did last year because they let out all passengers at once on Orion, but they staggered it on every other ride.

Nope.  That was pretty much a Cedar Fair exclusive.

• Like 2

People ended up ignoring the rule anyways. Usually due to confusion because of lack of consistency. As you pointed out the Orion thing. It was also hard to hear because of masks.  I was guilty of it for those 2 reasons. Even when we all got out one row at a time sometime almost always ahead of us would be slow exiting the queue and make us all crowd behind them anyways.

18 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Not yet as is opening weekend they were required everywhere and they removed pretty much all but 2 of the mask free zones where you could sit distanced and take it off for a bit.  I'm hoping that by summer will be at the point where you only need them for indoor spaces or crowded areas. Even if dewine drops the mandates private companies can still choose the rules they want and may keep the requirement. Who knows for sure but one can hope.

15 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is Dollywood unloading only one row at a time? That was one of the most pointless things Kings Island did last year because they let out all passengers at once on Orion, but they staggered it on every other ride.

Nope purple sun stagger with grabbing stuff etc there and the whole train was released at once. It never felt too crowded. Now the shows stagger exiting  and release a section at a time but that was my pet peeve about Kings Island the weird row by row release. To much and slowed down efficiency a lot.

CF is going to continue to work with the local and state health departments and the CDC. Even if Dewine drops the mandates, if the local health department/the CDC still says they need to keep the requirements in place, they'll keep them. Especially if we aren't to a point where a large number of the population is vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The vaccine process is complicated, but is getting better.  With the way 66% of the formulations have to be stored, it makes logistics difficult.  But it has been rewarding volunteering myself and my students to put shots in arms.

Thanks for your help doing this! 

• Like 4

Orion has started testing and it looks like they are testing the water dummies on the ends only. Wonder if they are moving the seating arrangement to just the ends instead of staggered seating. Tbh I think they should do what Banshee did and allow parties of 4 to sit together. I don't see how that is that hard. 

• Like 1

Just got my first vaccine dose today. The clinic at Countryside YMCA seems to be vaccinating anyone over 16. I scheduled an appointment and they let me (20 yo w/ no serious medical conditions) get one. Getting my second dose next month. I'm assuming this has something to do with the state's new orders allowing anyone to get extras that may be available.

Edited to add: If anyone is planning on going there, the site is only open on Tuesday’s from 9:00am to 6:30pm

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I'm a first responder and been on a list for darn near 2 months and still haven't been called.

I would definitely go in at some point then. That really sucks that they haven't called you yet. The YMCA site should be able to get you in, seems like they're accepting almost everyone. Not sure if you live in the area or not though.

28 minutes ago, Snowball said:

I would definitely go in at some point then. That really sucks that they haven't called you yet. The YMCA site should be able to get you in, seems like they're accepting almost everyone. Not sure if you live in the area or not though.

I was told via work email that I had to use the pharmacy where I work at and since I do not want to pay anything I keep waiting.