Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

18 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The worst part is the new delta is infecting the younger kids who have not been able to get a vaccine yet. Previously, they fought it off easily or were asymptomatic. 

Our children's hospital in Indy is full. 

I'm an hour south. Our hospitals saw admissions for Covid double in a week. I've heard rumors of cases at the schools, but since Indiana only does updates to those on Mondays, I don't know the numbers behind it. We've been back 7 school days now. No masks required at any grade. 

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I'm an hour south. Our hospitals saw admissions for Covid double in a week. I've heard rumors of cases at the schools, but since Indiana only does updates to those on Mondays, I don't know the numbers behind it. We've been back 7 school days now. No masks required at any grade. 

Indy schools are back to masks for all.

13 hours ago, alsoran said:

This may sound bad, but, many of the vaccinated are now getting the virus.  The vaccinated can carry the virus asymptomatic and can still get sick with it.  It seems very hard to blame the unvaccinated at this time.  This is only my opinion.  

How can someone get sick from it if they are asymptomatic? If someone is asymptomatic that means the virus is in their system but they are showing no symptoms and feel fine.

32 minutes ago, Kyle100991 said:

How can someone get sick from it if they are asymptomatic? If someone is asymptomatic that means the virus is in their system but they are showing no symptoms and feel fine.

You still can pass the virus droplets onto other people who could get sick and show more serious symptoms. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kyle100991 said:

Sorry, should have used "or."  

Not quoting anyone else, but, what about the rumor that the CDC is not counting the vaccinated that are going into the hospital?  I don't know this is true, but when I looked up to see if the CDC, My opinion is a joke, it said they are now keeping track of the vaccinated going into the hospital.  Should that make you ask questions?  What about people that have had COVID, do you still think they need the vaccine?  2 studies I have read about say that if you have had it, and have the antibodies, there is no need for the vaccine, as the vaccine will not enhance your protection.  One of the studies was from the Cleveland Clinic, a very reputable source, and one was done by a college or University, everyone here is so technical, and I don't remember which one.  However, I have not heard anyone providing any evidence of scientific proof that the vaccine helps those who have had the virus.  

Everyone has a very personal reason to either vaccinate, or not to vaccinate.  I, myself, have been told by my doctor that I have had COVID.  I was apparently without symptoms, however developed a metallic smell and taste after having it.  With that being said, no I will not take the vaccine, my choice.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The issue with “had COVID don’t need the vaccine” is yes most research points to that in the short term (less than about 200 days) you are good. After that the vaccine shows longer ability to remain in the body to fight off future exposures. Hence the reason we are looking at boosters as the virus mutates we may need more boosters etc.

The issue with 50% of the pop not taking the vaccine they are exposing those that can’t take it, are vulnerable, or the ones the vaccine doesn’t work for. So then they’re decision to not vaccinate exposed others who might not be able to (unless they mask but they usually don’t)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I will trust natural antibodies in my system long before I will trust something we no nothing about.  We don't know how long the vaccine will last, or if it will cause any lasting issues in the long run.  That is fact.  Doesn't need to be proven, because it can't be.  Another fact, vaccinated people can pass the virus on as easily as the non vaccinated.  And, not sure about the masks, depends on who you ask and what site you want to visit.  Do your research and do the best for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Last I checked, 3 people in 187 MILLION people in the US have died from taking the vaccine. There IS no risk. People spouting this right wing/anti-science propaganda are helping perpetuate the virus. This is now a pandemic of the non-vaccinated. Almost everybody hospitalized/dying right now are the non-vaccinated. Their final death bed regret being that they trusted anti-science propaganda sources. Scientists have been studying these coronaviruses for decades. This was not an overnight vaccine. Selfishness and misinformation is killing Americans left and right and we still have selfish "my freedom" people shouting from the rooftops. There is a reason why America has been the Covid hotspot of the world despite being the most medically advanced country in the world. The virus has been politicized. Sad and scary at the same time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

^I'm vaccinated and do not opposed others getting vaccinated.  However, your post criticizes the fact that politics has been brought into the debate when in fact you bring politics up in your third sentence.  I'm not the TOS police, but I think you are strattling the line there.  

I will trust natural antibodies in my system long before I will trust something we no nothing about.  We don't know how long the vaccine will last, or if it will cause any lasting issues in the long run.  That is fact.  Doesn't need to be proven, because it can't be.  Another fact, vaccinated people can pass the virus on as easily as the non vaccinated.  And, not sure about the masks, depends on who you ask and what site you want to visit.  Do your research and do the best for you.

I mean yeah if you have the resources to run double and triple blind studies against control groups then yeah do your own research. Heck I applaud you if you’re doing your own research.

Other than that, then I’ll trust the scientists doing peer reviewed studies around the globe. And yes we made need a third booster. Doesn’t mean the science is bad. It means science is changing.

What does this all mean for parks? Who knows. But if a park says mask up or don’t go… that’s up to you to decide.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, shark6495 said:

I mean yeah if you have the resources to run double and triple blind studies against control groups then yeah do your own research. Heck I applaud you if you’re doing your own research.

My wife has a masters in research and worked on IRB's.  She likes to remind people that at this time we all are part of the study and those who are not vaccinated are the control group. :)

• Like 3

My wife has a masters in research and worked on IRB's.  She likes to remind people that at this time we all are part of the study and those who are not vaccinated are the control group.

That’s the part that makes me laugh the most. These people are like I don’t want science experimenting on me…. Well we’re finding out the death ratio of unvaccinated versus vaccinated

• Haha 1

We wear seatbelts in cars not because it will guarantee an accident will not be fatal, we wear them because the percentages move drastically in our favor that an accident will not result in a fatality.

No vaccine is 100% effective and every vaccine effects people in different ways.  My infant kids did get sick (liquid from places you don't want liquid to come from, crankiness, sniffles, temperature etc.) after their MMR shots.

The amount of misinformation on both the virus & vaccination is simply amazing.  Get the vaccine folks!

-Brown- whose vaccinated family: works in hospitals, grocery stores and live in Florida & have been lucky enough to not be negatively impacted by covid.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Let’s laugh a little
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?’ 
Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.’
And...scene...
Copied from from a friend

No one is saying the vaccine works 100%. We knew from the beginning that it does not. We also know that its not as effective against the delta variant. This is freely admitted.

No one is saying masks work 100% either. But both are effective enough that they will and have saved lives. Herd immunity is achieved at the point where the people who are unvaccinated and the people for whom the vaccine will fail are so few that the vaccine has trouble getting from one person to another and eventually dies.

The states and counties with big surges have larger numbers of unvaccinated people. We also know that the vast majority of new cases are among the unvaccinated. Yes, breakthrough cases happen and no one is hiding that but they represent a small percentage of cases and an even smaller number of hospitalizations and death. For a vaccine that was made so quickly, its astoundingly effective.

This comes from real sources of data and not from that site your buddy linked on Facebook or your favorite political pundit.

Here's a typical interaction I have with family members:

"This scientist on facebook says you don't need the vaccine!" "Yeah, well here's thousands of scientists who say that guys a quack"
"I don't trusts scientists!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am vaccinated and am proud that I am. However, I can understand why some won't get it seeing that it's not FDA approved yet. It's only approved for emergency use. I'm also not a fan of the vaccine mandates going around for certain businesses as long as it's not fully approved. My Dad works in a doctor's office and he could lose his job if he doesn't get vaccinated before October. He won't get it bc it's not FDA approved and how we don't know for sure the long term affects. He says once it gets FDA approved, he'll be first in line to get it. 

• Like 1

Waiting on FDA approval is just another excuse to not get the vaccine because many items over the years have got FDA approval and years later were either retracted or given a black box label after it got out to the masses and in numbers larger than the clinical trials and they got to see the effects...

So most people that claim they are waiting on FDA approval, once obtained, will then pull the "well normally it takes years to gain approval so I am going to wait and see the long term effects" excuse or cite that in 1992, Congress passed the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA), which allows the FDA to collect fees from companies to expedite the drug-approval process, so how do we know if it is safe or driven by money....

Using that analogy, that is like saying it is safe to smoke since the "FDA regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of cigarettes, including components, parts, and accessories"?  But don't worry, the FDA also says "If you have experienced an unexpected health or safety issue with a specific tobacco product, you can report your adverse experience to FDA. Knowledge about adverse experiences can help FDA identify health or safety issues."

One takes the vaccine because they trust the science and overall historical success of vaccines, or they don't and give excuse after excuse why they are not going to get it...

• Like 4

I encourage people to get the vaccine but nobody should be forced to get it if they don't want it. If you want to get it, that's great. If you don't, that's fine too. I'm sick of people getting shamed for not wanting to get vaccinated.

Working in healthcare and seeing my patients die…. Yeah I don’t care if people feel ashamed for not getting the vaccine….
Also you’re right… they don’t have to get the vaccine but businesses don’t have to let them in.

• Like 1

Emergency situations require serious measures that people won't like. The US fought multiple wars by literally enslaving young men and forcing them to fight. I think we can all handle the consequences of masks and moderately-tested vaccines.

That's not to say I support full-blown, government-enforced mandates. If you want to stay on your own property without a mask or vaccine, feel free to do so. But when you're out and about with neither of those things, you are contributing to a problem. Businesses and government agencies should be able to set rules to protect their workers and patrons.

• Like 4

Believe it or not, I am not anti vaccine.  It may sound that way, but I am pro choice in receiving it.  The 2 studies I have seen on if the natural antibodies are equivalent to the vaccine, have shown they are maybe equal to or even better than the vaccine.  Both were well respected places to perform the tests.  I have personally seen the ones that have had COVID and then have gotten the vaccine have gotten very sick, some up to 3 weeks long.  Science says that we have an ability to fight off infection from many forms.  Our bodies adapt.  And, also, since I am in a 99.98% rate of survival, I am willing to accept the consequences.  For those who are shouting, what about everyone else?  The ones who are vaccinated can pass this along, just like the unvaccinated.  That is fact.  Breakout in New England had 74% infected were breakthrough cases.  Carnival Cruise has 24 cases on a ship where they all had to be vaccinated.  If you fear, get the vaccine, not knowing that in 5 years an arm may fall off (this will most likely not happen, I am being very out of the box.  Remember Agent Orange was thought to be fine as well).  If you have faith in the vaccine, does it matter that someone else is not vaccinated?  I choose to let my God given body the ability to do its job.  If God then decides to take me home from this virus, so be it.  

8 minutes ago, alsoran said:

I choose to let my God given body the ability to do its job.  If God then decides to take me home from this virus, so be it.  

What about the God given ability to think and utilize science to develop vaccines and make advancements in medicine to allow us to get the most quality and lengthen the gift of live we were given?  I always find the mind more fascinating than the body, but then again, look what's telling me that! :) 

• Like 2

There once was a man watching television when the news said everyone get out of town the whole town will be flooded. The man thought God will protect me.

A sheriff came over and when the water was up to the porch and told the man “we have to go, my suv will get us out of here”. The man said “thank you but God will protect me and save me.”

The water rose and the man had to move to his second floor. A kind Samaritan came by and said “sir come with my I have a boat we can get out of here.” The man said “thank you but got will protect me and save me.”

The water rose again, this time to the roof the man did go. A helicopter came by and the pilot said “sir grab the ladder we are here to rescue you.” The man said “thank you but God will protect me and same me.”

The water continued to rise and the man died. He gets to heaven and demands an audience with God. He gets it and asks God why didn’t he protect him and save him. God said I tried to save you four times. I told the newscasters to warn you, I sent the sheriff to save you, I sent the Samaritan and his boat to save you, and I helped the helicopter pilot find you. So why did you ignore my rescue attempts….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsoran said:

Believe it or not, I am not anti vaccine.  It may sound that way, but I am pro choice in receiving it.  The 2 studies I have seen on if the natural antibodies are equivalent to the vaccine, have shown they are maybe equal to or even better than the vaccine.  Both were well respected places to perform the tests.  I have personally seen the ones that have had COVID and then have gotten the vaccine have gotten very sick, some up to 3 weeks long.  Science says that we have an ability to fight off infection from many forms.  Our bodies adapt.  And, also, since I am in a 99.98% rate of survival, I am willing to accept the consequences.  For those who are shouting, what about everyone else?  The ones who are vaccinated can pass this along, just like the unvaccinated.  That is fact.  Breakout in New England had 74% infected were breakthrough cases.  Carnival Cruise has 24 cases on a ship where they all had to be vaccinated.  If you fear, get the vaccine, not knowing that in 5 years an arm may fall off (this will most likely not happen, I am being very out of the box.  Remember Agent Orange was thought to be fine as well).  If you have faith in the vaccine, does it matter that someone else is not vaccinated?  I choose to let my God given body the ability to do its job.  If God then decides to take me home from this virus, so be it.  

On that cruise there were thousands of people. The fact that so few tested positive shows that the vaccine is very effective, given how sickness spreads easily on cruise ships. The New England case is misleading. If there's a breakout in an area where almost everyone is vaccinated then of course a high percentage is going to be vaccinated people. The number of infected might be 74% but that 74% might be only 5% of the vaccinated people who were exposed. Percentages are easy to manipulate to make a point. In reality, the worst breakouts in the country right now are overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated.

Also, citing faith is a copout. You can apply that to pretty much any argument. You could use it to justify refusing to get surgery after a car accident or just going to the top of a building and jumping off.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

On that cruise there were thousands of people. The fact that so few tested positive shows that the vaccine is very effective, given how sickness spreads easily on cruise ships. The New England case is misleading. If there's a breakout in an area where almost everyone is vaccinated then of course a high percentage is going to be vaccinated people. The number of infected might be 74% but that 74% might be only 5% of the vaccinated people who were exposed. Percentages are easy to manipulate to make a point. In reality, the worst breakouts in the country right now are overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated.

Also, citing faith is a copout. You can apply that to pretty much any argument. You could use it to justify refusing to get surgery after a car accident or just going to the top of a building and jumping off.

If vaccines work, how did we have 24 test positive?  Doesn't matter how many total, it shows that vaccines are not the perfect answer.  The 74% were vaccinated in New England, but you ignored that.  You want to argue, I am posting what I have read and facts that have been provided in other places.  You don't have to listen to what I say, your choice.  The best thing I can say is question what everyone says.  We don't have to argue, you don't have to attack, as I will not say you are a copout because you don't believe.  That is your choice.  You can believe in a vaccine that we don't know what will happen, but I am not.  Not when I have a natural immunity from antibodies.

5 hours ago, alsoran said:

If vaccines work, how did we have 24 test positive?  Doesn't matter how many total, it shows that vaccines are not the perfect answer.  The 74% were vaccinated in New England, but you ignored that.  You want to argue, I am posting what I have read and facts that have been provided in other places.  You don't have to listen to what I say, your choice.  The best thing I can say is question what everyone says.  We don't have to argue, you don't have to attack, as I will not say you are a copout because you don't believe.  That is your choice.  You can believe in a vaccine that we don't know what will happen, but I am not.  Not when I have a natural immunity from antibodies.

There were 24 positive because they don't work 100% of the time. We've said this many times. We said it before they were publicly available. There is no "perfect solution" but it IS the best solution we have. Herd immunity is the idea that allow an imperfect vaccine to eventually kill off a disease. It has killed off many diseases in the past. The polio vaccine wasn't 100% effective but it still effectively wiped out polio.

How did I ignore the New England case when I specifically mentioned it? It was just one incident where you gave a partial picture of what happened. You could argue that "100% of the people on that cruise who were infected were vaccinated" which is true but saying that ignores that more than 99% of the people on that cruise did not get infected despite cruises being infamous for spreading illness. The idea that a vaccine is worthless if its not 100% effective ignores the history of vaccines and is frankly devoid of logic. You should just stop wearing a seatbelt since they don't always save you.

How would not believing in something a copout anyways? Especially when you don't even know what I believe. Maybe I have faith in the vaccine. Some believe in the vaccine because Trump said it is safe and that people should get it. Others believe it was a miracle sent from God.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

There were 24 positive because they don't work 100% of the time. We've said this many times. We said it before they were publicly available. There is no "perfect solution" but it IS the best solution we have. Herd immunity is the idea that allow an imperfect vaccine to eventually kill off a disease. It has killed off many diseases in the past. The polio vaccine wasn't 100% effective but it still effectively wiped out polio.

How did I ignore the New England case when I specifically mentioned it? It was just one incident where you gave a partial picture of what happened. You could argue that "100% of the people on that cruise who were infected were vaccinated" which is true but saying that ignores that more than 99% of the people on that cruise did not get infected despite cruises being infamous for spreading illness. The idea that a vaccine is worthless if its not 100% effective ignores the history of vaccines and is frankly devoid of logic. You should just stop wearing a seatbelt since they don't always save you.

How would not believing in something a copout anyways? Especially when you don't even know what I believe. Maybe I have faith in the vaccine. Some believe in the vaccine because Trump said it is safe and that people should get it. Others believe it was a miracle sent from God.

This will be my end of the conversation.  I never said the vaccine was not effective.  What I said is that we do not know the effects for years down the road.  I explained my outlook for why I am not interested in getting it.  And no, I don’t always wear a seatbelt.  It is more so I don’t get a ticket.  Anyway, I will recommend anyone that wants the vaccine to get it, but to look into all that is hidden as side effects.  You apparently, took this personal, and what seemed to be a direct attack on me and my statement.  The facts need to be out, but the problem is they are being censored.  All I have asked is to do your diligence into all you can find on this and ask the right questions.  Dr. Fauci and the CDC are not a good source, as they have proven to go back and forth, my guess (only opinion) is that is where the money is coming from.  We should have the freedom to speak on how we feel and believe without being attacked.  

And, your statement said my belief in God and the understanding of this was a direct attack, saying it was a cop out.  Maybe you do believe in the vaccine, good for you.  I think it does have a purpose, but not for me.  A natural antibody will be what I would rely on.  And just so you know, no I do not get a flu shot.  I don’t get the other yearly vaccines either.  I am not a pincushion, nor do I plan to be.  

I am sorry this turned into an argument, it was only a word explaining things that need to be brought out into the open so people can decide for themselves.  If you want the vaccine get it, I am not opposed.  If you don’t want it, I will support that as well.  That is all.  Have a good day.  

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, alsoran said:

Dr. Fauci and the CDC are not a good source, as they have proven to go back and forth, my guess (only opinion) is that is where the money is coming from.  We should have the freedom to speak on how we feel and believe without being attacked.  

Self-contradictory much?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2