Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

20 minutes ago, alsoran said:

This will be my end of the conversation.  I never said the vaccine was not effective.  What I said is that we do not know the effects for years down the road.  I explained my outlook for why I am not interested in getting it.  And no, I don’t always wear a seatbelt.  It is more so I don’t get a ticket.  Anyway, I will recommend anyone that wants the vaccine to get it, but to look into all that is hidden as side effects.  You apparently, took this personal, and what seemed to be a direct attack on me and my statement.  The facts need to be out, but the problem is they are being censored.  All I have asked is to do your diligence into all you can find on this and ask the right questions.  Dr. Fauci and the CDC are not a good source, as they have proven to go back and forth, my guess (only opinion) is that is where the money is coming from.  We should have the freedom to speak on how we feel and believe without being attacked.  

And, your statement said my belief in God and the understanding of this was a direct attack, saying it was a cop out.  Maybe you do believe in the vaccine, good for you.  I think it does have a purpose, but not for me.  A natural antibody will be what I would rely on.  And just so you know, no I do not get a flu shot.  I don’t get the other yearly vaccines either.  I am not a pincushion, nor do I plan to be.  

I am sorry this turned into an argument, it was only a word explaining things that need to be brought out into the open so people can decide for themselves.  If you want the vaccine get it, I am not opposed.  If you don’t want it, I will support that as well.  That is all.  Have a good day.  

"if vaccines work, how did we have 24 test positive?" <-- that is you clearly questioning the effectiveness of the vaccine.

I'm willing to quit this if you are and wish you well but one reason I keep arguing is because of things like the above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Indy schools are back to masks for all.

My schools in Ripley County don’t have mask requirements yet, but I strongly hope that they enforce it. Last night I woke up with a 104 degree fever and I am still feeling miserable. Might I add that this is a mild case, for I only have a cough and a major fever. I may have been a little optimistic at first, but after getting covid, I suggest that everyone tries their best not to get it.

Although I must say that the vaccine in my opinion isn’t very trustable. My good friend @ThrillKingsOryan got the vaccine and he was feeling miserable. I would suggest that you just wear your masks. Please nobody attack me for this, as this is my opinion and I also got the virus.

• Like 2

Who ever would have thought that something like a vaccine would be so divisive? I'm reaching a point where it entertains me to watch the vaccine anti vaccine argument. Formulate your argument, and stick to that. People are so all over the place with their arguments, and that is why we are getting no where as a country. If you want it, get it, if you don't, don't, but can we just move on with life and stop looking down on each other? We spent an entire year fighting among ourselves over masks, now we're a year into fighting with each other over a vaccine. What will we let divide us next? I live in Indianapolis, and our murder rate is going to yet again eclipse last year's, and it has eclipsed the prior years' rate every year for as long as I can remember. Why? Because people can't seem to get along, why let this stuff be so divisive? 

Ok, I've said my peace. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

My schools in Ripley County don’t have mask requirements yet, but I strongly hope that they enforce it. Last night I woke up with a 104 degree fever and I am still feeling miserable. Might I add that this is a mild case, for I only have a cough and a major fever. I may have been a little optimistic at first, but after getting covid, I suggest that everyone tries their best not to get it.

Although I must say that the vaccine in my opinion isn’t very trustable. My good friend @ThrillKingsOryan got the vaccine and he was feeling miserable. I would suggest that you just wear your masks. Please nobody attack me for this, as this is my opinion and I also got the virus.

So are typing this from school LOL.

And you would be like one of the many students that we see on the news that tell their school board to quit listening to the parents bicker about masks as they aren't the ones sitting in school.

From what I have seen, a large number of students would rather wear masks than have to go through all the quarantine, remote learning nonsense.  Kids learned to deal with the masks last year and a large number of students say it isn't that big of a deal, especially if it keeps the school open.

If the endgame is to not have to close schools, then masks should be mandatory in school. 

Even last year with mandatory masks, schools around the country were still forced to close and go remote.  But now with the vaccine, hopefully the amount of closures with mandatory masks wouldn't be as great. 

Instead, unvaccinated kids are now in school without masks and the vaccinated are not wearing masks either and studies are showing the viral load in the vaccinated is just as high as the unvaccinated, so the kids are put into a worse petri dish than last year and we will see more closures this year than last year....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

So are typing this from school LOL.

And you would be like one of the many students that we see on the news that tell their school board to quit listening to the parents bicker about masks as they aren't the ones sitting in school.

From what I have seen, a large number of students would rather wear masks than have to go through all the quarantine, remote learning nonsense.  Kids learned to deal with the masks last year and a large number of students say it isn't that big of a deal, especially if it keeps the school open.

If the endgame is to not have to close schools, then masks should be mandatory in school. 

Even last year with mandatory masks, schools around the country were still forced to close and go remote.  But now with the vaccine, hopefully the amount of closures with mandatory masks wouldn't be as great. 

Instead, unvaccinated kids are now in school without masks and the vaccinated are not wearing masks either and studies are showing the viral load in the vaccinated is just as high as the unvaccinated, so the kids are put into a worse petri dish than last year and we will see more closures this year than last year....

Well I’m not at school, I have covid. And yes, I will say students can be smarter than their parents when I comes to masks. I really don’t mind wearing them, and I realize people have breathing problems, but since when does putting a mask on that doesn’t suffocate you count as a health violation?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well I’m not at school, I have covid. And yes, I will say students can be smarter than their parents when I comes to masks. I really don’t mind wearing them, and I realize people have breathing problems, but since when does putting a mask on that doesn’t suffocate you count as a health violation?

My 3 kids have no issues wearing them. It is all how you present it as well. If you make it no big deal, it won't be a big deal to them either.Throw a fit about it like a baby so will they.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Who ever would have thought that something like a vaccine would be so divisive? I'm reaching a point where it entertains me to watch the vaccine anti vaccine argument. Formulate your argument, and stick to that. People are so all over the place with their arguments, and that is why we are getting no where as a country. If you want it, get it, if you don't, don't, but can we just move on with life and stop looking down on each other? We spent an entire year fighting among ourselves over masks, now we're a year into fighting with each other over a vaccine. What will we let divide us next? I live in Indianapolis, and our murder rate is going to yet again eclipse last year's, and it has eclipsed the prior years' rate every year for as long as I can remember. Why? Because people can't seem to get along, why let this stuff be so divisive? 

I'm certainly getting too argumentative but this is something rather important. Millions of people have died and there is no real end in sight when there *could be*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:45 AM, lifetimecoaster said:

now we have coronavirus as bad as it’s ever been even though we have vaccinations

And the theme parks have their eyes and ears covered like nothing is wrong. I believe that Cedar Fair, six flags, and sea world will be bankrupt within a year because of the continued upward trend of this virus     And they probably deserve it since they are taking no responsibility to protect their employees and customers now

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, super7 said:

And the theme parks have their eyes and ears covered like nothing is wrong. I believe that Cedar Fair, six flags, and sea world will be bankrupt within a year because of the continued upward trend of this virus     And they probably deserve it since they are taking no responsibility to protect their employees and customers now

Yes, the same parks that people are moaning and groaning about them being too busy, will be bankrupt within a year. Because Covid. Right.

33 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Yes, the same parks that people are moaning and groaning about them being too busy, will be bankrupt within a year. Because Covid. Right.

Cedar Fair list $47 million dollars in the 2nd quarter with their failed cheap season pass business plan 

1 hour ago, super7 said:

And they probably deserve it since they are taking no responsibility to protect their employees and customers now

I will not comment on any of your opinions…but as for this, it is up to both the employees & the park’s customers to decide whether they feel if it is a safe environment…no one is forcing either of them to be at the park. People need to take responsibility for their own choices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, super7 said:

now we have coronavirus as bad as it’s ever been even though we have vaccinations

I disagree, respectfully. First off, the parks have been crowded this year. People are getting out to do things after everything being shuttered, and/ or masks required last year kept people from doing a lot of the things they would normally do over summertime. Personally, I also think that the parks do what they can to protect people, but beyond that, the responsibility is on each person. The park hasn't said no masks allowed, they said no masks required. The park said to socially distance in lines, the park said wear a mask indoors if you're not vaccinated. What else can they really do? Taking no responsibility would be letting it be a free for all, telling people they aren't allowed to wear a mask, and not posting masks required for anyone indoors non vaccinated. I'm not anti mask, I'm not anti vaccine... I am however pro personal responsibility. If you're in a place where yourself, or someone you live with are at grave danger of perishing from the virus, you need to take some responsibility for yourself. While spending a day at the park is fun, and a great release, it's not a life necessity. The grocery store holds life's necessities, and a lot of them here in Indy have started requiring masks again, for this very reason. They provide a necessary service, and thusly, they are taking responsibility for making their staff and patrons safe. The corner pub, Applebees, McDonalds... those aren't life necessities. If you're in a position where it's not smart for you to be in public, don't go to them. Take care of your friends or family that are compromised.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yep-I shuttered myself for over a year. Worked from home while trying to 'teach' my kids. Didn't go out to eat, see a movie or concert, go to a bar, or have Christmas or Thanksgiving with my extended family. Now we have vaxxes that for the vast majority make this similar to a nasty cold. If people want to still be extra cautious, then by all means do what you see fit to protect you and yours. Personally, I feel that this has been in the hands of the individual ever since they opened everything last Spring because Karen needed a haircut. It is the same now except it is flipped. If you're vaxxed and you're outside, you're pretty safe...if you still don't feel safe you can choose to not go. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, standbyme said:

I will not comment on any of your opinions…but as for this, it is up to both the employees & the park’s customers to decide whether they feel if it is a safe environment…no one is forcing either of them to be at the park. People need to take responsibility for their own choices. 

Disregard.  This reply was intended for the "they probably deserve" comment which really hit a nerve with me.  Not telling anyone what to do, just a prudent middle ground.  Or something.  I'll take my 2 cents back and exit the conversation. 

Edited by YOULLBEBACK
because my comment was dumb?
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

THIS. 

If you are obese or old, or have a preexisting condition, mask up and stay home, please!  If you are under 60 and in relatively good health, use prudence.  This kind of hyperbole and fear mongering does no good.  FUN is still close to a 52 week high.  I made a good amount on investing in this fear.  This kind of mentality has gotten us nowhere the past 1.5 years. 

Perhaps we should all just stay in our lane, be respectful, and don't spread this kind of keyboard fear? 

No offense, but I have no idea how what I posted has anything to do with your reply…what am I missing? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Perhaps we should all just stay in our lane, be respectful, and don't spread this kind of keyboard fear? 

"Stay in your lane. After I get done telling YOU which lane to be in." (mask up and stay home, please!)

Swing and a miss there. 

• Like 3

So I hate to hit you guys with a serious comment but I feel like I have to post this. I have already said that I had covid and that it was pretty miserable, but that was the beginning of the sickness and it’s already gone through my whole family, so here goes.

I got it first, I immediately started with a 104 degree fever. Highest fever I’ve had in my life, followed by a sore throat that even made it hard to swallow water. Because of this I didn’t eat much and lost a lot of weight. After I was done with the virus, I stayed home for another week not only because my family still had it, but because the virus basically drained me and I was exhausted. My sisters all got it and they had moderate symptoms and did pretty well. My parents however had the same symptoms as me and are still currently dealing with covid pneumonia.

This story leads me to say that if you haven’t had covid yet, I would wear a mask for the sake of the unknown. Me and my parents happened to get severe cases and it still kind of affects us to this day, almost a month through it. If you know of anyone with the sickness, try and help them out as much as possible, just like my family and friends did who I am beyond thankful for. So again, if you haven’t had covid yet, I would advise wear the mask, and if anyone you know has it help them out as much as you can. I know I was very ignorant with it at first and after actually getting covid, I am pleading that you take this advice because it might end up severe like what my family had to deal with.

Whew, all done. Thanks for reading this!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@ThrillKingsFitzy I admire your attempt to try and help people…but, speaking from personal experience it seems like a non-believer has to get Covid themselves (or a family member) before they take it seriously. At work I have told my fellow employees just how bad some of my family members are who have had it…they usually counter with they know someone who has had it and it was no big deal. It’s frustrating…but like I said, I admire your attempt and I am sorry you had it go through it. :)

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, standbyme said:

they usually counter with they know someone who has had it and it was no big deal. It’s frustrating

The best way I can think to counter that is to say I've been in a crash with a large dump truck and walked away.  Yet others leave crash scenes with lasting injuries, or don't survive.

The point is that, like a lot of things, geting sick (with COVID-19 or anything) is a spectrum.  Most people will get off easy, but some suffer lasting damage and others won't survive.  It's not those who get off easy that you take precautions for.  It's the rest of the potential outcomes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

@ThrillKingsFitzy I admire your attempt to try and help people…but, speaking from personal experience it seems like a non-believer has to get Covid themselves (or a family member) before they take it seriously. At work I have told my fellow employees just how bad some of my family members are who have had it…they usually counter with they know someone who has had it and it was no big deal. It’s frustrating…but like I said, I admire your attempt and I am sorry you had it go through it. :)

Yeah I completely understand, if you saw my posts at the beginning of this thread, I was one of those people lol.

But yeah if you haven’t had it wearing a mask is probably the smart thing to do. Right before I got covid, my school advised we wear masks just in case because in my county, the number of cases is growing like a wildfire. Literally the day after I got sick. Really wish I would have listened.

But yeah, you can’t make everyone do it, but the most you can do is recommend.

And @jsus I agree. It’s not like everyone is going to get a severe case, but I got a severe case and I’m only 16 and don’t even have any physical problems. I just happened to get a severe case. People should take precautions because it’s possible that you could end up with something severe. Not too likely, but very possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

^Anyone in your family vaccinated (if you care to disclose)?

Nope. We don’t really trust the vaccine, but not trying to get into anything political. I personally don’t trust it because my friend got the vaccine and he just got sick.

Edit: When I said he just got sick, I meant he took the vaccine and it was way more than just regular side effects.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly old news but Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain will require guests to present proof of vaccination or a recent negative test to visit the park beginning October 7th due to a Los Angeles County public health order.

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/09/15/universal-studios-hollywood-and-six-flags-magic-mountain-must-require-vaccination-proof/

Do the rest of you think other parks might/should require proof of vaccination to attend (without being mandated)? While I’m vaccinated myself and wish more people would get vaccinated, I’m afraid parks voluntarily requiring vaccination proof might cause too much public backlash (could negatively affect attendance).

14 minutes ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Slightly old news but Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain will require guests to present proof of vaccination or a recent negative test to visit the park beginning October 7th due to a Los Angeles County public health order.

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/09/15/universal-studios-hollywood-and-six-flags-magic-mountain-must-require-vaccination-proof/

Do the rest of you think other parks might/should require proof of vaccination to attend (without being mandated)? While I’m vaccinated myself and wish more people would get vaccinated, I’m afraid parks voluntarily requiring vaccination proof might cause too much public backlash (could negatively affect attendance).

Parks won't do it unless governments require it of them which is unlikely in most parts of the US. It's pretty clear that parks will only do the bare minimum of what's expected of them because such requirements are bad for business.

16 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Here’s how I look at it: 

In 2017-2018 the United States experienced it’s most intense spike in Flu related deaths. 

Covid killed over 300,000 people in 2020. 

You can deny the vaccine, but you can’t deny dead people.  Asking for a proof of vaccination or a negative test result isn’t a violation of anyone’s rights. I wish every park, concert, sporting event would require this. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

I'm fully vaxxed but I'm opposed to it.  We had a trip booked to LA for the first week of December.  We had planned on doing Disneyland/Knott's/Magic Mountain/Universal.  

We cancelled (thanks Southwest for not charging us an arm and a leg to change the flights) and rebooked to Orlando where we'll do WDW/Universal/Busch Gardens/SeaWorld.  

I'm totally pro-vax (got mine the first day I was eligible) but I'm just afraid this is a slippery slope that's going to lead to having to showing it anytime we go anywhere.  Plus, they aren't giving a pass to people who have natural immunity through previous infection, so it's not even based on true immunity.  

It's not political for me at all (I'd describe myself as being more on the progressive side of things).  In fact, I hate that any of this has become political. 

• Like 1