Jump to content
Hawaiian Coasters 325

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Recommended Posts

With the delayed openings and closings Cedar Fair needs to add extra months next year to our passes or give us a prorated amount back as a refund.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

With the delayed openings and closings Cedar Fair needs to add extra months next year to our passes or give us a prorated amount back as a refund.

Come on man, the parks in here in OH are not even delayed yet.  We really don't need to go there yet.  How about taking the high road show some concern for all the employees that might have the jobs they were expecting.  Spend some time thinking about what we can we do as a community to help out the situation.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Come on man, the parks in here in OH are not even delayed yet.  We really don't need to go there yet.  How about taking the high road show some concern for all the employees that might have the jobs they were expecting.  Spend some time thinking about what we can we do as a community to help out the situation.

I never said anything about concern or lack of for employees. Also my pass is platinum not gold. So I am paying for a product I can not use. There are lots of parks not in Ohio  in the Cedar Fair chain. Some were already open and some were due to open as early as this weekend. As a customer Cedar Fair should be offering partial refunds to everybody and or extra months and full refunds to everybody who requests it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tri State thread was merged with this one. The mods feel one thread is enough for now.

Friendly reminder: Politics has no place on KIC. 

KIC Admin

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I never said anything about concern or lack of for employees. Also my pass is platinum not gold. So I am paying for a product I can not use. There are lots of parks not in Ohio  in the Cedar Fair chain. Some were already open and some were due to open as early as this weekend. As a customer Cedar Fair should be offering partial refunds to everybody and or extra months and full refunds to everybody who requests it. 

Haha, really? I can somewhat see where you’re coming from but I’m sure that somewhere in your agreement to buy the pass there is a no refunds section. The parks are going to open, don’t be stingy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

And Dollywood postponed. Is anyone really surprised anymore? 

Not at all! I’ve had to watch the industry pretty closely once Disney Shanghai and Hong Kong closed and had a pretty strong feeling the US was going to see similar closures. The company I work for is hurting from this tremendously and I could see us shutting down in the coming weeks. Pretty scary thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dollywood will be giving being a friend tickets to their Season Pass holders as a result of their delayed opening.  I wouldn’t worry about delayed openings impacting season pass holders as parks will find a way to make good for their delayed openings.

Dollywood - “We are focused on the health and safety of you and our hosts and this is a short, temporary delay in our season. For all Passholders we will provide an additional bring-a-friend free admission to be used during the summer 2020 season”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

University of Cincinnati just canceled in-person classes rest of term.  Spring break extended until Wed, March 25th with online starting up on Thursday the 26th.  All students need to be out of dorms by March 25th and UC will reimburse pro-rated for rest of term on room and board...

I suspect we will see that happen to K-12 as well beyond the initial 3 week order...and will trickle into when amusement parks open...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bright note is that it appears as though SIX, FUN, as well as the DJIA are up between 9-10% today.  A bounce back doesn't directly mean anything with the virus, but it does mean that people believe that things are beginning to get under control.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

University of Cincinnati just canceled in-person classes rest of term.  Spring break extended until Wed, March 25th with online starting up on Thursday the 26th.  All students need to be out of dorms by March 25th and UC will reimburse pro-rated for rest of term on room and board...

I suspect we will see that happen to K-12 as well...and will trickle into when amusement parks open...

All k-12 schools in Ohio are required to be out for 3 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

All k-12 schools in Ohio are required to be out for 3 weeks. 

I know that - I posted the Governor's order here LOL... I mean K-12 out the rest of the school year beyond the 3 weeks like the universities are starting to do as I mentioned in that post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I know that - I posted the Governor's order here LOL... I mean K-12 out the rest of the school year beyond the 3 weeks like the universities are starting to do as I mentioned in that post...

Don't college semesters end much earlier than k-12 though? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen, 

I'm not saying that people are worked up or you all are in a frenzy, but I really think that we just need to calm down about this. Fear does more damage than anything else. The only thing we can do right now is practice good hygiene, clean commonly used surfaces, and quarantine the sick and have them seek medical attention. I have faith in our health and government officials and believe that the steps they have taken and the measures they have placed are for the better. Scientists are developing a vaccine and it is being tested. We just need to stop fearing this. It is going to be okay!

Whether or not Kings Island will postpone Opening Day is a matter of waiting. I personally believe that Kings Island feels its too early to make a decision and will probably, if they make one, announce theirs when they feel it is necessary.

All we can do now is wait and practice good hygiene.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Don't college semesters end much earlier than k-12 though? 

Not all, but yeah most end before K-12.  Miami goes until mid-May. 

Many districts are notifying their staff to assume they will not return this school year...

Latest projection is this thing peaks in May...most schools in Ohio end late May and why start it back up for a few weeks...

If we shut schools down for three weeks for 4 confirmed cases, do you really think they will re-open in 3 weeks when we have thousands of confirmed cases...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Klabergian Empire   Calm down from exactly what?  I have seen narcissism, irrational optimism and many low-information opinions in this thread but nothing anyone needs to calm down from. Your statement sounds like the Ancient Aliens I am not saying meme.

Can you point to examples of people needing to calm down?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami U just followed suit for rest of semester that ends mid May.

Museum Center and Art Museum closed..

This will be the new normal for awhile....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Klabergian Empire   Calm down from exactly what?  I have seen narcissism, irrational optimism and many low-information opinions in this thread but nothing anyone needs to calm down from. Your statement sounds like the Ancient Aliens I am not saying meme.

Can you point to examples of people needing to calm down?

If you read what I said, I said:

Quote

I'm not saying that people are worked up or you all are in a frenzy, but I really think that we just need to calm down about this.

What I am saying is that we just need to stop panicking about this virus. I am not saying that any specific member on here is doing so, but just in general we need to take a breath and work on sorting this out.

And another thing, not trying to sound imprudent but can you show examples of narcissism and irrational optimism? I have read this thread and I have seen no irrational optimism and narcissism on here.:huh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point those who are in school and now off, those who are working from home now instead of going into offices, etc., will have a difficult time staying meaningfully busy and/or productive for weeks at a time without going crazy.  This isn't a normal extended break, where people can venture off someplace and enjoy a number of recreational activities.  You can only look at a TV or computer screen for so long.  Entertainment options or other diversions right now are extremely limited.

When this situation subsides, there is going to be a HUGE interest in activities that are currently not on offer.  We don't know when things will begin to come back to normal, but when they do, I would expect a big uptick in demand for larger scale recreational activities.  People are going to want to return to their normal lives pretty quickly after things calm down.  Whether the majority of people are in a financial position to do so is another story.

People want equilibrium in their lives and balance.  Right now there's very little of either.  If your health is good please be thankful for that.  Please remember that principal business of life is to enjoy it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Scientists are developing a vaccine and it is being tested.

But from everything I have been reading and seeing on the news it is AT LEAST a year to a year and a half away...and that is a best case scenario.

I did a quick Google search just for a reference and here is the first one that came up...I’m sure you can find several others.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-no-animal-testing.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gad198 said:

At some point those who are in school and now off, those who are working from home now instead of going into offices, etc., will have a difficult time staying meaningfully busy and/or productive for weeks at a time without going crazy.  This isn't a normal extended break, where people can venture off someplace and enjoy a number of recreational activities.  You can only look at a TV or computer screen for so long.  Entertainment options or other diversions right now are extremely limited.

When this situation subsides, there is going to be a HUGE interest in activities that are currently not on offer.  We don't know when things will begin to come back to normal, but when they do, I would expect a big uptick in demand for larger scale recreational activities.  People are going to want to return to their normal lives pretty quickly after things calm down.  Whether the majority of people are in a financial position to do so is another story.

People want equilibrium in their lives and balance.  Right now there's very little of either.  If your health is good please be thankful for that.  Please remember that principal business of life is to enjoy it.

We are planning on going fishing.  Great activity to do away from people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a god, just a King.  :lol:   
 

Not being open for a few weekends, out of in many cases a 9 month season, due to a national disaster and then wanting some compensation seems....well I will just let it speak for itself.   Now if the closure becomes more than a trivial part of the season, then absolutely something needs to be worked out.  CF has about $1,600 of my family’s money.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Not a god, just a King.  :lol:   
 

Not being open for a few weekends, out of in many cases a 9 month season, due to a national disaster and then wanting some compensation seems....well I will just let it speak for itself.   Now if the closure becomes more than a trivial part of the season, then absolutely something needs to be worked out.  CF has about $1,600 of my family’s money.  

Maybe they can add hours to each operating day, like midnight or 1 am closings :P (cross threading LOL knowing that will not happen due to noise...)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Not a god, just a King.  :lol:   
 

Not being open for a few weekends, out of in many cases a 9 month season, due to a national disaster and then wanting some compensation seems....well I will just let it speak for itself.   Now if the closure becomes more than a trivial part of the season, then absolutely something needs to be worked out.  CF has about $1,600 of my family’s money.  

I'm ALREADY getting all kinds of offers in my Inbox from businesses that I've done business with before that want my business to continue NOW. At a discount. I'm sure many of you are getting the same e-mails. Time will tell, but I figure Cedar Fair will be no different. Once Kings Island is open, they are going to do whatever they can to get people out of their quarantine/house and into the park asap. I can't wait. I can't wait for the discounts AND to get into the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...