Jump to content

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

It's behind a paywall for me

Hummm, sorry. It just came up on my Google feed and worked for me.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Masks are required at the parks right now. We have hashed out your argument multiple times and there is no need to do it again. At this point in time, if you don't want to wear a mask and think t

It is really quite simple: If you do not want to wear a mask at a place of business that requires a mask, don't go. Please understand though- DO NOT cause a scene because an employee has asked yo

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Hummm, sorry. It just came up on my Google feed and worked for me.

 

 

I google searched and it came up after going in :ph34r: mode

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I thought they said they refused to furlough their staff. 

They did, I recall seeing in I think their earnings report that they wanted to be in “a state of readiness” to reopen when local governments allowed them to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, disco2000 said:

With the mobile app of course:

The mobile app’s mapping and wayfinding modules, which already allow guests to easily find things like restrooms and phone charging stations, are being leveraged to monitor potential overcrowding in various areas of the park throughout the day; this will help determine where to deploy crowd control measures and enable appropriate social distancing. These modules will also direct guests to the closest hand sanitizing stations.

Makes you wonder if they will make it a requirement to have the app up and running and do you need a smartphone while in the park?  To monitor overcrowding based on location in the app is only viable if everyone is using it...

Kind of ruins the "no phones allowed on Steel Vengence" ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching passholder previews for Universal Orlando and it seems that they have it figured out. We will see how it goes when the park actually opens to the public. Maybe KI can get some ideas from them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Based upon the tents, Diamondback pond, Orion testing, and that people from Cedar Fair on on the re-oopening planning commission, its obvious that KI already knows the date that they will be allowed to open and under what restrictions.  Thursday is just a formality for the general public.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Dollywood’s staffing situation will look like this year. When I visited last year, I noticed a significant amount of their employees were in the elderly demographic, who are typically at higher risk of becoming seriously ill if they catch COVID. Maybe it’ll be mostly younger people working there this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoasterFan3180 said:

I wonder what Dollywood’s staffing situation will look like this year. When I visited last year, I noticed a significant amount of their employees were in the elderly demographic, who are typically at higher risk of becoming seriously ill if they catch COVID. Maybe it’ll be mostly younger people working there this year?

They are being as strict as disney and requiring masks except for water park, water rides and some coasters.  On the page also said some experiences won't open right away etc.  

Also restricting rider capacity and queue lines to keep up the social distancing etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of Shawn's from Theme Park Worldwide is at Universal Orlando today and got a pic of Hulk with 8 riders on a train (32 capacity) with 4 of the 8 rows completely empty and a 75 min wait. YUCK

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

They are being as strict as disney and requiring masks except for water park, water rides and some coasters.  On the page also said some experiences won't open right away etc.  

Also restricting rider capacity and queue lines to keep up the social distancing etc. 

That could be detrimental to their health as well. I'm seeing now where some Walmart employees who wear masks 8 hours/day are getting pleurisy from breathing CO2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

That could be detrimental to their health as well. I'm seeing now where some Walmart employees who wear masks 8 hours/day are getting pleurisy from breathing CO2.

I'd hope they'd allow more breathable options. Or breaks where they can take them off like disney is having. 
 

I'll be happy to have whatever comes along. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some masks are a lot more breathable than others. The surgical masks for example are much more comfortable than the cloth ones since they're thinner. People would definitely need to take breaks though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

A friend of Shawn's from Theme Park Worldwide is at Universal Orlando today and got a pic of Hulk with 8 riders on a train (32 capacity) with 4 of the 8 rows completely empty and a 75 min wait. YUCK

Are the using virtual queining thier?  I can see it now.  Your wait for Orion is 6 hours.  Go back home do some chores and head back to the park.  :)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Are the using virtual queining thier?  I can see it now.  Your wait for Orion is 6 hours.  Go back home do some chores and head back to the park.  :)

One could conceivably conceive a child while waiting in line for a coaster. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Are the using virtual queining thier?  I can see it now.  Your wait for Orion is 6 hours.  Go back home do some chores and head back to the park.  :)

I would have to think that your ride wait time is reset upon exiting the park with the geolocation

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying not to get my hopes up too high since he did say most of the venues is good news. However, he did say something about how it's better when it's mostly outdoors referencing the zoo which amusement parks are pretty much outdoors as well. He then said that inside is where it gets harder so part of my feeling is the not so great news may be at the museum center and other museums since they are pretty much indoors. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Trying not to get my hopes up too high since he did say most of the venues is good news. However, he did say something about how it's better when it's mostly outdoors referencing the zoo which amusement parks are pretty much outdoors as well. He then said that inside is where it gets harder so part of my feeling is the not so great news may be at the museum center and other museums since they are pretty much indoors. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. However, with the tents going up and all of the activity seen on the webcams, I can't imagine DeWine would have too bad of news for the park. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but my hopes are definitely up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Trying not to get my hopes up too high since he did say most of the venues is good news. However, he did say something about how it's better when it's mostly outdoors referencing the zoo which amusement parks are pretty much outdoors as well. He then said that inside is where it gets harder so part of my feeling is the not so great news may be at the museum center and other museums since they are pretty much indoors. 

Museums could be done with mandatory masks and limited capacity. Not only do you have to limit capacity for the museum itself, but each sub area would need a lower capacity as well.  The increased employee cost with lower till revenue might make it impossible from a financial perspective, but it isn't impossible from a logistics perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...