Jump to content
Hawaiian Coasters 325

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

I think that person was specifically saying you, yourself has a higher chance to die of a car crash than to coronavirus.  Unless you are over the age of 65 you have a super low chance of dying to coronavirus.  In Ohio alone over 71% of people that have died to coronavirus were from long term care facilities.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETm51GayRjlnoaRVtUOWfkolEeAQZ-zPhXkCbVe4_ik/edit#gid=435667374

Speaking of stats, The NHTSA reported that approximately 52 percent of all automobile accidents occur within a five-mile radius of my home and 69 percent of all car accidents occur within a ten-mile radius from my home, so I moved:P

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

They are linked somewhere in these 116 pages of posts LOL.

Edit - here is one I found quickly:  https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/05/cedar-fair-considering-capacity-limits-virtual-queuing-in-reopening-of-cedar-point-other-parks.html

and from their Q1 conference callBut what I can say is that given the fact that most of the parks don't operate anywhere near theoretical capacity and only close to half, we can do numbers that are significantly less than theoretical capacity and still be at a very profitable level in terms of daily operations.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

I think that person was specifically saying you, yourself has a higher chance to die of a car crash than to coronavirus.  Unless you are over the age of 65 you have a super low chance of dying to coronavirus.  In Ohio alone over 71% of people that have died to coronavirus were from long term care facilities.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETm51GayRjlnoaRVtUOWfkolEeAQZ-zPhXkCbVe4_ik/edit#gid=435667374

He paints the picture how he wants, just go through the posts. No arguing with him...4469qb.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

I think that person was specifically saying you, yourself has a higher chance to die of a car crash than to coronavirus.  Unless you are over the age of 65 you have a super low chance of dying to coronavirus.  In Ohio alone over 71% of people that have died to coronavirus were from long term care facilities.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETm51GayRjlnoaRVtUOWfkolEeAQZ-zPhXkCbVe4_ik/edit#gid=435667374

29% of a bit over 100k is around 30k, again so far this year.  I think you would agree that 29% is going to well top that 36,120 number by the end of the year.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

29% of a bit over 100k is around 30k, again so far this year.  I think you would agree that 29% is going to well top that 36,120 number by the end of the year.   

That number is just the long term care facilities number. 

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/key-metrics/mortality

According to this chart, 78% of all deaths in Ohio to coronavirus have been from people over the age of 70.  If you take the number back to the 65+ number that I originally said, the percentage will increase again.  

That is just the stats.  Again if you are under the age of 65 the risk of dying to coronavrius is minuscule.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Park capacity is right around 70k, the average weekday during the summer is between 22-25k with weekends being 30k and saturday being 35k. This is what I've seen on average and what I've posted on this site in the past.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^ that article also shows this!  I wonder how many locations they have for this?

Knowing CF they will charge $2 for the privilege, unless you purchase the All-Season Face Mask Rest Área Plan for $49.  :P 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Where was that taken at?

Also what is Cedar Point and Kings Island hoping the gain by sueing Amy Acton when DeWine announced today that Amusement parks could open in two weeks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Where was that taken at?

Also what is Cedar Point and Kings Island hoping the gain by sueing Amy Acton when DeWine announced today that Amusement parks could open in two weeks?

They got exactly what they wanted. The ability to open.  Dewine was supposed to announce dates for amusement parks on Thursday but did not. If they didn't sue who knows when they were going to be able to open. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chibul said:

People on Facebook saying that Cedar Point has announced that they'll be requiring masks at all times based on this link - but correct me if I'm wrong; this is for their hotel, not the park, correct?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/vacation/packages/sun-and-fun/safety-procedures

Those packages were also offered before the governor gave a date they could open. Not to say masks won't be required but until the details are released guess it's a 50/50 chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so off the bickering at each other subject, just curious as to what everyone think CF’s rollout will be? When do you think they will open and when do you think they will announce their opening date? Everyone make their guess

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Scooby Doo picture is awesome! If this were an earlier time (like the 70's or the 90's), I could totally picture a Scooby Doo themed PSA with lines like this:

"Like, social distancing, man" -Shaggy

"Rah, Rocial Distancing!" (Yeah, Social Distancing!) - Scooby

"Hey gang, we need to split up; remember to keep 6 feet apart!" -Fred

"Social Distancing helps limit the spread of Covid-19. Jenkies!" Velma

-MDMC, who is having way too much fun with this idea! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Where was that taken at?

Also what is Cedar Point and Kings Island hoping the gain by sueing Amy Acton when DeWine announced today that Amusement parks could open in two weeks?

By the looks of the right side of the picture, looks like Seuss Landing, so I would guess Universal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, disco2000 said:

^ that article also shows this!  I wonder if and how many locations KI would have for this?

005_universal_orlando_reopen

I've been thinking about that. Tower Gardens, obviously, would be a good place for an area like this. Maybe the walkway between the amusement park and the water park. Also, as I assume they won't be doing shows this year (I could be wrong), you could use International Showplace as a similar area. 

 

Also wonder about the feasibility of doing one-way walking paths in certain areas of the park, similar to what we see at grocery stores. Not possible everywhere, but in some areas where you have a divided midway (thinking International Street and much of Coney Mall), you could have one-way walking, which might help with social distancing and lower the need for masks in that area. 

I'm fine with wearing a mask; I have to wear one pretty much anywhere else, and I think it's going to be the new normal for a long time. But I know that, at least in Michigan, we're not required to wear masks if we're just out and about outside. It's inside when the masks are required, or in spaces where social distancing is difficult. So I wonder if there's flexibility to require masks in ride lines and indoors but to loosen the requirement when walking on the midways. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As per the whole mask debate yesterday, if they aren’t going to require masks then I probably won’t go to the park. It’s a simple but effective safety measure to prevent the spread of Covid-19, I’d be disappointed if they didn’t require masks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The mask situation has become interesting just based on my local observations as various business continue to open up.  Two weeks ago, 95% of everyone I saw had on a mask.  A week ago, roughly half.  In the last few days, I have rarely seen anyone in a mask in a store or restaurant, except for employees that are required to wear them, and most of them have been sporting the trendy "chin masks".

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cdubbs727 said:

 

I'm fine with wearing a mask; I have to wear one pretty much anywhere else, and I think it's going to be the new normal for a long time. But I know that, at least in Michigan, we're not required to wear masks if we're just out and about outside. It's inside when the masks are required, or in spaces where social distancing is difficult. So I wonder if there's flexibility to require masks in ride lines and indoors but to loosen the requirement when walking on the midways. 

This is a common sense compromise to the mask issue IMO and one I would have no problem with. Makes much more sense to not require them while just walking around the park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

As per the whole mask debate yesterday, if they aren’t going to require masks then I probably won’t go to the park. It’s a simple but effective safety measure to prevent the spread of Covid-19, I’d be disappointed if they didn’t require masks.

See, I feel the opposite - I won't go if they do require them in all areas, because it makes no sense to, unless it's in line for a ride or for indoor areas.

Ultimately they'll either compromise on that or they'll alienate a large group of the customer base. Either way it's a tough call for them I'd suspect.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed on the Kings Island website (and other Cedar Fair websites) that Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus are not available for purchase right now, this includes single-day and all-season FL. I’d been wondering if something like this would happen since ride capacities will likely be significantly reduced.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Noticed on the Kings Island website (and other Cedar Fair websites) that Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus are not available for purchase right now, this includes single-day and all-season FL. I’d been wondering if something like this would happen since ride capacities will likely be significantly reduced.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

CP as well, slightly suspicious because it doesn't say the normal "on sale soon"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get ready for the complaints to pour in from people that bought the season long FL if they are not available this year (although they were extended into next year to keep them "whole"):P

I can already see people saying they will not go to the park if their FL pass isn't available...

Parks have been put into an almost impossible situation this year - no matter what they do, a good chunk of their base is going to be ticked with whatever requirements the park develops to open. 

We have people saying the will not go if they do not make masks a requirement, and others are saying they will not go if they make masks a requirement, as well as those that have implied they plan to do whatever they want once inside the park as they will not enforce whatever policy they have, and those that will not attend because they do not believe the park will enforce their own rules...

At the end of the day, there will still be a big enough demand from whichever group that plans to visit the park to make it worth the parks investment to open...

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

Get ready for the complaints to pour in from people that bought the season long FL if they are not available this year (although they were extended into next year to keep them "whole"):P

I can already see people saying they will not go to the park if their FL pass isn't available.

We bought em because of the CP trip. I'm going to assume the capacity limits combined with virtual queues will lessen the wait and things would be a reasonable wait. (3-4 isn't reasonable to me) They have plenty options on how to handle it and think it will just come to if they want to account for it in the virtual queues. 

Figure Disney has done away with Fastpass for the time being, Universal is honoring only Express Pass that comes with being a resort guest though and ceased daily sales. Six flags is honoring FlashPass, so it's anyone's guess what CF will do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

We bought em because of the CP trip. I'm going to assume the capacity limits combined with virtual queues will lessen the wait and things would be a reasonable wait. (3-4 isn't reasonable to me) They have plenty options on how to handle it and think it will just come to if they want to account for it in the virtual queues. 

Figure Disney has done away with Fastpass for the time being, Universal is honoring only Express Pass that comes with being a resort guest though and ceased daily sales. Six flags is honoring FlashPass, so it's anyone's guess what CF will do.

Do we know for sure CF will even have virtual queues?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...