Jump to content

Countdown to Opening Day for the 2021 Season: May 15th 11:00 AM!

Kings Island is now open for 2021.

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

It looks like most of the footage in that video posted to Worlds of Fun was actually filmed at Kings Island.

I thought the same thing.  Nice to see something has been going on at the park besides Orion testing :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Masks are required at the parks right now. We have hashed out your argument multiple times and there is no need to do it again. At this point in time, if you don't want to wear a mask and think t

It is really quite simple: If you do not want to wear a mask at a place of business that requires a mask, don't go. Please understand though- DO NOT cause a scene because an employee has asked yo

Posted Images

So if we take a look at the Worlds of Fun policy that says "some rides/attractions will be closed due to it being impossible to socially distance" - what rides/attractions do we think will be closed at Kings Island?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I'm more nervous to get the July 2nd reservation cause we'll already be over for Orion event. Husband has been waiting on cloth masks that tie behind head to be delivered for 47 days now, we have have neck gaiter style right now, hopefully those would be acceptable.

Target is having a sale on their website (and maybe store also).  Saw it and thought it might help: https://www.target.com/p/2ct-adult-fabric-face-mask---black-s-m/-/A-79907990?clkid=0b154daeNa50b11eabad742010a246c13&lnm=360518&afid=Slickdeals_LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I'm more nervous to get the July 2nd reservation cause we'll already be over for Orion event. Husband has been waiting on cloth masks that tie behind head to be delivered for 47 days now, we have have neck gaiter style right now, hopefully those would be acceptable.

But their website still says a season pass gets you unlimited visits....:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chibul said:

So if we take a look at the Worlds of Fun policy that says "some rides/attractions will be closed due to it being impossible to socially distance" - what rides/attractions do we think will be closed at Kings Island?

The one that stands out to me (and I'm just speculating; I could be wrong) is FoF. So much of that queue is indoors and there's a stretch where I don't know how you social distance (inside the spaceship before reaching the station) aside from letting two people in at a time. And if the virus sticks around better indoors than outdoors, I don't know how you regularly clean the spaghetti bowl. Same issue with Boo Blasters, except that one's a little easier to ensure distance on -- close the queue in the "lobby" portion and only get people on every other car or so. 

Other things, I think you'll see clever work arounds. The train, for instance, won't be making stops at the water park for the first few weeks most likely, which will automatically lower ridership. And it's easy enough to close off rows on that. Planet Snoopy might be a bit of a headache -- that area gets so congested that I don't know how you handle social distancing, but maybe there's a way just to route people through in one direction. 

I've assumed (again, could be wrong) that shows wouldn't occur at all simply because I don't know that there's been time for hiring or rehearsals. But even if there are shows, I'd imagine shows at the Kings Island Theater and Festhaus are likely out of the question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, robintodd said:

That was sarcasm.  Kind of goes along the line with people who where unwilling to wear seat belts till it was made a law.  My mother was one of them.  Her best friend was trapped in a car by her seat belt after and accident and died back in the early 60's.  Scared my mother from ever wearing them till it was mandated. 

You should be able to qualify.  By that logic and the findings of how many asymptomatic people there have been I think a majority of people have been in contact with someone with it.  The questionnaire will probably contain a question like "Have you been in contact with anyone in the last X weeks that has had the COVID-19 virus?"  

Thanks for being an essential employee during these tough times (I'm essential and so is my wife who is a nurse and works in a hospital.)

Sarcasm duly noted!! I'm not sure what the questions will look like, but if I'm to be 100% honest, I won't be going until mask is a word that people only use to describe Halloween. I know, I'm a jerk for not wearing a mask, people tell me every day. LOL  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

I wonder if the opening will include the water park. I have two very small kids and that pirate ship with the slides is their favorite thing in the world. 

Website mentions that the water park will open at a later date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Sarcasm duly noted!! I'm not sure what the questions will look like, but if I'm to be 100% honest, I won't be going until mask is a word that people only use to describe Halloween. I know, I'm a jerk for not wearing a mask, people tell me every day. LOL  

At least you know the reason people call you a jerk, I'm still trying to figure out why the call me one :):)  Anyway I don't think you a jerk for not wearing a mask and not going to the park.  However those that go to the park and refuse to wear a mask.........

Hope the requirement is lifted soon and you can go, and hope to see you at the park.  Stay safe....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CP site says

Quote

Face Coverings – guests and associates will be required to wear a mask at all times.

Obviously they don't really mean that as you need to drink and eat, but the policies and degree of enforcement could vary by park as usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chibul said:

So if we take a look at the Worlds of Fun policy that says "some rides/attractions will be closed due to it being impossible to socially distance" - what rides/attractions do we think will be closed at Kings Island?

Possibly Eiffel Tower - kinda hard to social distance in the elevator LOL. 

I think any indoor show is gone.

We know Grand Carnivale is gone (despite them still offering that as a selling point to purchase a Gold Pass in 2020 LOL). 

Festhaus could be closed unless they take out a lot of tables or put up shower curtains or plexiglass.

And we may see other rides closed simply because they cannot find staff.

Would the indoor rides be closed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robintodd said:

At least you know the reason people call you a jerk, I'm still trying to figure out why the call me one :):)  Anyway I don't think you a jerk for not wearing a mask and not going to the park.  However those that go to the park and refuse to wear a mask.........

Hope the requirement is lifted soon and you can go, and hope to see you at the park.  Stay safe....

  I'm the jerk in that situation because I believe that safety should be the responsibility of the person that needs to be safe. I get that people are all aboard the "for your safety" train this year, and that's fine. I'm just one of those people that lives my life under the thought train that you can spend much effort on remaining "safe", doing nothing dangerous, always being mindful of everything that could be harmful, and get t-boned by a semi truck on your way home from work. I don't need someone to tell me stuff is dangerous, I know it is. I ride mountain bikes, I rock climb. These are the sports I've chosen to have fun. Mountain biking is controlled enough, that deaths don't happen as often as they could, but if you google "rock climbing death" you'll see that my longevity is not guaranteed. 

 As far as me going to the park this summer, I may sit this one out. I'm a bit perturbed by the way humans are treating each other right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

Possibly Eiffel Tower - kinda hard to social distance in the elevator LOL. 

I think any indoor show is gone.

We know Grand Carnivale is gone (despite them still offering that as a selling point to purchase a Gold Pass in 2020 LOL). 

Festhaus could be closed unless they take out a lot of tables or put up shower curtains or plexiglass.

And we may see other rides closed simply because they cannot find staff.

Would the indoor rides be closed?

Someone above mentioned Flight of Fear, and I think that's a very likely casualty. I can't really think of a way you make that ride follow CDC guidelines. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the only requirement is social distancing, then FoF is easy.  Aside from the being inside part, the social distancing aspect is easy.  Only so many people inside the building at a time, use both sides of the que to help space those people, a line separator at the base of the stairs to send people up as a group to the next line separator to put you in your individual seat que (kind of like how Boo Blasters operates but w/ the employee at the base of the steps rather than at the end of the steps and short hall way)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

I guess single riders do not need to worry about being paired with someone next to them this season.

ride operations are going to kind of be hilarious to watch this year. Please stand at a distance in line, so we can pack you closer together later on. Or will they just skip every other seat? Orion's line is going to end somewhere near The Bat with a 6ft distance between each person.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Stoan said:

ride operations are going to kind of be hilarious to watch this year. Please stand at a distance in line, so we can pack you closer together later on. Or will they just skip every other seat? Orion's line is going to end somewhere near The Bat with a 6ft distance between each person.

I think every other row is a given for the time being as they even showed that in the video.   So without some virtual queue system that line may extend to The Beach.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chibul said:

It sounds to me like standard queues - they mention social distancing in the queues, and there's no mention at all of a virtual system. 

 

I may be wrong, but a season pass at this point might cost less than a two-day ticket? 

That is what I assume it to be as well but was trying to get a confirmation from an official source.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King Ding Dong said:

I think every other row is a given for the time being as they even showed that in the video.   So without some virtual queue system that line may extend to The Beach.   

On the other hand nearly every other ride may be a walk-on for the first few days/weeks. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

It looks like most of the footage in that video posted to Worlds of Fun was actually filmed at Kings Island.

Yes!  I think pretty much the whole video was shot at KI.  Here it is for those who haven't seen it.  It definitely seems intended to apply to all Cedar Fair parks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

Yes!  I think pretty much the whole video was shot at KI.  Here it is for those who haven't seen it.  It definitely seems intended to apply to all Cedar Fair parks.

 

I guess that explains why the tents were put up before they knew they could actually open.....they were filming for this video.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

 

I don't see why the neck gaiter style would be a problem with the park.  I only see a personal issue with them as some people like me perspire above average and wet cloth can be harder to breath through than dry.  Though we are talking about degrees of wetness here as one's exhaust is naturally moistened. 

Believe Disney had specified tie behind or earloop style were required, so husband figured needed some of those just in case. 

 

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Thankyou!

 

Also, my dad runs my fundraiser page and gets all the emails. Could you PM a screenshot of the email?

Don seems to give the best news lol

20200609_112930.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Believe Disney had specified tie behind or earloop style were required, so husband figured needed some of those just in case. 

 

Don seems to give the best news lol

20200609_112930.jpg

Guess that means media day is on the 30th

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IceePirate said:

Guess that means media day is on the 30th

Why would it mean that? They were both originally on the same day.  Media in the morning, first rider in the afternoon.  Not that it will necessarily be the same this time around.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

After watching that video.... that doesn't look like a fun theme park experience at all. 

The only thing that gives me pause is the reserving a date and time...are there only going to be certain times we're allowed in the park on the days we reserve? 

The mask are fine; it's not a big hassle. The lines will be a challenge. But I also have a hunch a lot of people are going to share your views on the video and might decide not to come, which will help capacity.  I don't blame them; if I had my personal druthers, I'd just wait until next year. But my kids really want a trip. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

After watching that video.... that doesn't look like a fun theme park experience at all. 

Looks ok to me, as long as lines don’t get a lot longer because of reduced capacity on rides. I’m hoping that capped attendance in the park will help offset that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...