Jump to content

Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks


Recommended Posts

Looks like the app is testing mobile orders for the restaurants in the park. Currently showing Coconut Cove Cafe and Hank's Mexican Grill with a couple of test items for each. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Masks are required at the parks right now. We have hashed out your argument multiple times and there is no need to do it again. At this point in time, if you don't want to wear a mask and think t

It is really quite simple: If you do not want to wear a mask at a place of business that requires a mask, don't go. Please understand though- DO NOT cause a scene because an employee has asked yo

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, chibul said:

Looks like the app is testing mobile orders for the restaurants in the park. Currently showing Coconut Cove Cafe and Hank's Mexican Grill with a couple of test items for each. 

Beat me to it.  Was just getting ready to post!  Hopefully mobile order will work with all season dining.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Beat me to it.  Was just getting ready to post!  Hopefully mobile order will work with all season dining.

I just want it to be an option for the ice cream. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SFoG had mobile ordering up and running this week.  You just picked a 15 minute time slot, submit your order, and then swing by during the time frame.  Worked just fine.  Would be nice to see this at CF parks.  

All the restaurants had a dining plan slider if you only wanted to see those options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Beat me to it.  Was just getting ready to post!  Hopefully mobile order will work with all season dining.

I still can't get the mobile ordering option to show up after multiple uninstall/reinstall over the days. CP shows it and I never even had to update. I'm assuming it's dependent on the OP system being used? (Galaxy S20 not yet)

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Beat me to it.  Was just getting ready to post!  Hopefully mobile order will work with all season dining.

It will, but offerings may be limited.  You will still have to go to cashier for your drink plan though and probably will not work at every food place:(

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Will I be able to order a 1/2 cherry ginger ale 1/2 strawberry lemonade with a splash of vanilla from the Coke Freestyle stand?

That would require the freestyle stand to be open:P

(we know they close them down when the owner of HO HO comes to town):P

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Will I be able to order a 1/2 cherry ginger ale 1/2 strawberry lemonade with a splash of vanilla from the Coke Freestyle stand?

Maybe if they took the ride approach and have you a squirt of sanitizer before touching the screen. Though they'd have to be open too LOLOL good luck with the train station one ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

That would require the freestyle stand to be open:P

(we know they close them down when the owner of HO HO comes to town):P

I have been working on my own DIY Coke Freestyle machine in the basement.:D

coke shelf.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The region consisting of 45040, the zip code for Mason, has been defined by DeWine as a COVID hotspot.

That is not good. 700 cases seems like a lot too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DeWine saying they are talking about re closing placed if numbers continue to rise. Yikes!!

 

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have been working on my own DIY Coke Freestyle machine in the basement.:D

coke shelf.jpg

Should be Barq's rootbeer and Sprite if doing a Coke machine =) lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have been working on my own DIY Coke Freestyle machine in the basement.:D

coke shelf.jpg

At that point, it might just be cheaper to install a fountain and buy the BiB of your favorite sodas

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The region consisting of 45040, the zip code for Mason, has been defined by DeWine as a COVID hotspot.

That's extremely concerning. 

I may rethink my entire plan for KI based on this.

 

EDIT: It's actually a little misleading. If you look at the breakdown here - 

- cases appear to have peaked on June 8, and have since sharply declined. It's worth keeping an eye on...but calling it an ongoing hot spot might be a little misleading, based on the raw data. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that Lebanon has a prison and a couple jails there. I know the guy who runs the Juvie there. It seems like Jails and prisons are common hotspots of the virus along with nursing homes which Warren County has several.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

At that point, it might just be cheaper to install a fountain and buy the BiB of your favorite sodas

The cartridges are actually quite expensive for the freestyle machines.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Benjamin22 said:

The cartridges are actually quite expensive for the freestyle machines.

Oh I know, it's like $25 for the halves and $40 for the fulls. I was talking about the traditional fountain drinks where the 5gal are $50

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holiday World’s virtual queuing system is having problems. The virtual queue works, but then everyone goes into a normal physical line where social distancing is not enforced.

In short they are not holding the virtual waits long enough, so everyone is getting into a physical line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Holiday World’s virtual queuing system is having problems. The virtual queue works, but then everyone goes into a normal physical line where social distancing is not enforced.

In short they are not holding the virtual waits long enough, so everyone is getting into a physical line.

This is what I've been wondering re: any virtual queue - how they'd actually prevent people from just lining up at their times. It's why I don't necessarily think it's any more effective than standard queues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chibul said:

This is what I've been wondering re: any virtual queue - how they'd actually prevent people from just lining up at their times. It's why I don't necessarily think it's any more effective than standard queues. 

It’s all about civil engineering. They need to ensure that the flow out into the station is greater or equal to the number of people entering the queue. The problem is that their numbers are off, and so many people are let into the queue, it becomes packed. Furthermore, it’s becoming packed to the point where guests can’t social distance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chibul said:

Looks like the app is testing mobile orders for the restaurants in the park. Currently showing Coconut Cove Cafe and Hank's Mexican Grill with a couple of test items for each. 

I'm seeing the option but once I click on it, it just goes to a blank page. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that Lebanon has a prison and a couple jails there. I know the guy who runs the Juvie there. It seems like Jails and prisons are common hotspots of the virus along with nursing homes which Warren County has several.

I have a hard time trusting what's being Tweeted because we aren't being shown total tests given. They just opened testing to everyone June 11th, so an increase was to be expected IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I have a hard time trusting what's being Tweeted because we aren't being shown total tests given. They just opened testing to everyone June 11th, so an increase was to be expected IMO.

This data is reflective of people getting infected at the beginning of June.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot more info missing as well.  As mentioned above, with Casino's opening up, have all employees been tested, ie @ Miami Valley Gaming?  Have all prisoners and gaurds/personal been tested?  Are cases up because there are more tests happening and many of the positive cases are coming out of the prison population and/or the senior retirement centers?  The headline paints one picture, the details may (or may not) paint a different picture.  I'd love to know where specifically these cases are and how they were discovered.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The larger concern is cases resulting in hospitalizations, not number of cases. Anti-body testing in Ohio also shows that Covid-19 has been there since January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, medford said:

There is a lot more info missing as well.  As mentioned above, with Casino's opening up, have all employees been tested, ie @ Miami Valley Gaming?  Have all prisoners and gaurds/personal been tested?  Are cases up because there are more tests happening and many of the positive cases are coming out of the prison population and/or the senior retirement centers?  The headline paints one picture, the details may (or may not) paint a different picture.  I'd love to know where specifically these cases are and how they were discovered.

But a lot of people get their information and form their entire opinion from click-bait, soundbite headlines lol :P 

It is good to see people of this forum starting to research and actually read the articles.  We have seen a significant increase of people asking for someone to cite a source.

I have posted here before many articles where the headline says one thing, but the article completely contradicts the headline!  Do they care, NO, all they want is the click.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...