Jump to content
Hawaiian Coasters 325

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I suppose the same could be said for the roads and highways.   We all had to pass a written test, driving test and vision test; we know the rules. All the turn lanes are marked, stop lights working, speed limit signs everywhere. They did what they could, no need for moving violation enforcement, it’s up to us as humans to do what is right.  

That is a fantastic point! And honestly, the park has security. I'm not sure if they have ENOUGH security to police this matter, but they do have security. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Skip a row between groups.  

And spend more sanitizing?  Who cares if the rest of your group is right behind you or right in front of you, you aren't going to interact with them on the ride.  It saves them time and effort and will likely increase capacity.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

And spend more sanitizing?  Who cares if the rest of your group is right behind you or right in front of you, you aren't going to interact with them on the ride.  It saves them time and effort and will likely increase capacity.

Plus, in addition to this, it prevents people from going to rows that may not be available since it would change from train to train. It may lower capacity a little, but might actually boost capacity in terms of spending less times to get guests to move back a row

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

And spend more sanitizing?  Who cares if the rest of your group is right behind you or right in front of you, you aren't going to interact with them on the ride.  It saves them time and effort and will likely increase capacity.

Do you think they are going sanitize every trip?  I'm guessing it'll be more like the Six Flags where they wipe down the entire train every 30 or 60 minutes. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Do you think they are going sanitize every trip?  I'm guessing it'll be more like the Six Flags where they wipe down the entire train every 30 or 60 minutes. 

 

Then it's absolutely pointless. May as well not do it at all.

Edit: That being said - you're right. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chibul said:

Another glimpse at Worlds of Fun today...

 

WOW! You would think with current financials and labor shortages, they would be pulling a Six Flags, and only having a few operators. There are ELEVEN operators on this ride, and those are just the ones I can see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

WOW! You would think with current financials and labor shortages, they would be pulling a Six Flags, and only having a few operators. There are ELEVEN operators on this ride, and those are just the ones I can see!

Isn't there usually close to that for full park hours? Maybe they're all there to get training time in so hours can be extended later:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Isn't there usually close to that for full park hours? Maybe they're all there to get training time in so hours can be extended later:)

I guess I don’t know the exact number of operators usually working at a ride, but I feel like there are usually five on the floor. I really don’t know for sure I guess, but there seem to be a ton of operators in that picture. It seems like there is an operator for every person on the train. I would also be fine if hours were extended! LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

And spend more sanitizing?  Who cares if the rest of your group is right behind you or right in front of you, you aren't going to interact with them on the ride.  It saves them time and effort and will likely increase capacity.

Ride photos will be effected, people without a FunPix pass will be less likely to purchase an actual photo if it would double the cost to get all their group.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a little soon to make too many assumptions about Worlds of Fun.  Today was their first day open, and they are the first park in the Cedar Fair chain to do so.  It would not surprise me if on the first day Kings Island is open that there are a lot of park personnel on ride platforms and in other places.  They are assessing and getting used to how all the new procedures are going to work.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reservations are live!

Looks like by July 31 park capacity will be 14,000. Early on, it's more like 8,000. Was able to get the time/date I wanted (7/3 @ 10:30am) with no issues at all.

On a side note, I tried to reserve a second time and it did indeed shut me down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reservations are live as noted above. if I get a neck gaiter, as much as I do not want to wear a mask I want to ride Orion. if I get a thing blue lives matter mask, if Kings Island will deny entry or anything? I know itl stir some people, but peoples opinions do not matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Reservations are live as noted above. if I get a neck gaiter, as much as I do not want to wear a mask I want to ride Orion. if I get a thing blue lives matter mask, if Kings Island will deny entry or anything? I know itl stir some people, but peoples opinions do not matter. 

You should be good. I can’t imagine them turning that away.
Link to post
Share on other sites

So max I saw for passholders week is 1750 spots per entry time, 5 times slots to enter. 8750ppl in the park, if everyone rode Orion at 16ppl per train that will be 547 cycles. 1641 minutes at only the 3min cycle :blink:. That's insane lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

So max I saw for passholders week is 1750 spots per entry time, 5 times slots to enter. 8750ppl in the park, if everyone rode Orion at 16ppl per train that will be 547 cycles. 1641 minutes at only the 3min cycle :blink:. That's insane lol

You.... you did the math? That's actually awesome!! However, this is also assuming you're at the very end of the line of 8750 people, so realistically you likely won't be stuck in line for 1641 minutes. I guess being that they're only open 8 hours per day, there is a strong possibility that riding Orion is going to be the only thing that people do in their visit though!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lifetimecoaster said:

You.... you did the math? That's actually awesome!! However, this is also assuming you're at the very end of the line of 8750 people, so realistically you likely won't be stuck in line for 1641 minutes. I guess being that they're only open 8 hours per day, there is a strong possibility that riding Orion is going to be the only thing that people do in their visit though!! 

Yeah turns into over 27 hours, completely insane and thank God not everyone will want to ride. It'll be a see what the line is like before deciding for sure. We'll make it on again sooner or later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatchesC said:

Yeah turns into over 27 hours, completely insane and thank God not everyone will want to ride. It'll be a see what the line is like before deciding for sure. We'll make it on again sooner or later.

That is why they close at 7 - to cycle those thru the line before the next day 11 am opening :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the line off early though so that they are not running much past the closing time....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, based on those same calculations, it would still take 13 hours if they were running at full capacity. Luckily only a relatively small percentage will be in line for Orion at any given time (even on the first few days).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

That is why they close at 7 - to cycle those thru the line before the next day 11 am opening :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the line off early though so that they are not running much past the closing time....

I'm kinda surprised they haven't chosen a virtual queue for just Orion. Go up to entrance, enter number in party, then scan a QR code. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatchesC said:

I'm kinda surprised they haven't chosen a virtual queue for just Orion. Go up to entrance, enter number in party, then scan a QR code. 

Or at the very least hand out timed tickets so everyone isn't flocking the entrance as bad LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, since there was no bloodbath when registration went live, I guess we can move on to wild theories about capacity, masks, smoking, food service, and thinking that KI will be the new epicenter of the worlds death tolls because of COVID 19.  Wait....we have covered all that too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So, since there was no bloodbath when registration went live, I guess we can move on to wild theories about capacity, masks, smoking, food service, and thinking that KI will be the new epicenter of the worlds death tolls because of COVID 19.  Wait....we have covered all that too.

I predict not nearly enough.  :P

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...