Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

30 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^Wonder how many attending this weekend will be at KI next week?

I'll be at KI next weekend.  I spent all last weekend at Holiday World.  Very few masks.  No real distancing.  Amazing I'm still here to talk about it.  

Can't wait to get on Orion!

Just now, jimlaheyscar said:

I'll be at KI next weekend.  I spent all last weekend at Holiday World.  Very few masks.  No real distancing.  Amazing I'm still here to talk about it.  

Can't wait to get on Orion!

Hope you're planning on keeping six feet away from everyone. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chibul said:

Well, the new owners of Indiana Beach are making a pretty disgusting first impression.

First it was a "maybe they are just working on how to operate and working out the kinks" but after this pic from CoasterForce I doubt they are even interested in protecting their employees. 

Screenshot_20200626-174413_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

CC87EE99-21CC-4CBA-B939-B5071E8CB34B.png

To put it into perspective, Harris County is Houston, and White County is where IB is. 

Wow, the infection rate just shot up in White Co after the park was open for just a few hours!  Everybody run and hide!

@gforce1994, you are certainly an enigma.  You want what is in the best interest of KI when it comes to drones, but your fear of coronavirus posts may cause people to avoid going to KI and spending money.  

On 6/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

Wow, the infection rate just shot up in White Co after the park was open for just a few hours!  Everybody run and hide!

@gforce1994, you are certainly an enigma.  You want what is in the best interest of KI when it comes to drones, but your fear of coronavirus posts may cause people to avoid going to KI and spending money.  

This discussion isn’t about KI, it’s about IB, and the ramifications of their lax policies. IB’s policies fall way short of industry standard (social distancing and recommendation of masks). I’ve always said that CF’s approach is the best out of any park/chain, and if people want safe clean fun, look towards CF.

Just now, gforce1994 said:

This discussion isn’t about KI, it’s about IB, and the ratifications of their lax policies. IB’s policies fall way short of industry standard (social distancing and recommendation of masks). I’ve always said that CF’s approach is the best out of any park/chain, and if people want safe clean fun, look towards CF.

I guess, but just last week you were bemoaning and graphing the spiral of death and destruction in Warren Co Ohio, home to Kings Island the Fun and Only.

• Like 2

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

I guess, but just last week you were bemoaning and graphing the spiral of death and destruction in Warren Co Ohio, home to Kings Island the Fun and Only.

I was pointing out what the governor pointed out. Cincinnati’s numbers are increasing, the data supports that.

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So are you advocating that Kings Island should remain closed?

I never at any point stated anything like that. I pointed out the fact that numbers were rising, that’s it.

The fact that people are unable to accept simple numbers and data points (and reasonable course of actions) is the whole reason why we’re still having the discussion mid pandemic rather than ending the pandemic

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I never at any point stated anything like that. I pointed out the fact that numbers were rising, that’s it.

The fact that people are unable to accept simple numbers and data points (and reasonable course of actions) is the whole reason why we’re still having the discussion mid pandemic rather than ending the pandemic

My bad, I forgot that after you left your job at KI you became an expert on global pandemics, how to end them and prevent them for the future!  Oh and drones too! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

My bad, I forgot that after you left your job at KI you became an expert on global pandemics, how to end them and prevent them for the future!  Oh and drones too! ;)

I am no expert in global pandemics, but I have asked those who work in the field to explain the recent trends. That being said, if there’s something one can’t understand, it’s best to seek out the experts.

Here's a graph on hospital admissions in Indiana. Basically half of all Covid deaths in Indiana have been in nursing homes. Hospital admissions continue to decrease. The graph above suggesting White County, IN is somehow a "hotspot" is ridiculous. Anyone under 50---without major complications---at Indiana Beach is going to be just fine. Even if they do get it. Just don't go visit grandma after. Be smart.

indiana.PNG

• Like 2