Jump to content
Hawaiian Coasters 325

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^Wonder how many attending this weekend will be at KI next week?

I'll be at KI next weekend.  I spent all last weekend at Holiday World.  Very few masks.  No real distancing.  Amazing I'm still here to talk about it.  

Can't wait to get on Orion!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the new owners of Indiana Beach are making a pretty disgusting first impression.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimlaheyscar said:

I'll be at KI next weekend.  I spent all last weekend at Holiday World.  Very few masks.  No real distancing.  Amazing I'm still here to talk about it.  

Can't wait to get on Orion!

 

Hope you're planning on keeping six feet away from everyone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimlaheyscar said:

BTW, you can get a second reservation starting Monday.

 

Even during the passholder preview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chibul said:

Even during the passholder preview? 

Yes.  The tweet/post/whatever is in the News thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. But the other day I'd get is now sold out. I figured that'd happen. Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chibul said:

Well, the new owners of Indiana Beach are making a pretty disgusting first impression.

First it was a "maybe they are just working on how to operate and working out the kinks" but after this pic from CoasterForce I doubt they are even interested in protecting their employees. 

 

Screenshot_20200626-174413_Chrome.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chibul said:

Yikes. So yeah, it would seem their employees aren't even masked up.

Very, very concerning. 

EDIT: Yeah, definitely nowhere NEARLY as extensive as Kings Island's plan is: https://www.indianabeach.com/covid-19

CC87EE99-21CC-4CBA-B939-B5071E8CB34B.png

To put it into perspective, Harris County is Houston, and White County is where IB is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Closing the Indiana border would seem a higher priority right now.  :ph34r:

I'll go the long route through KY if I have to lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

CC87EE99-21CC-4CBA-B939-B5071E8CB34B.png

To put it into perspective, Harris County is Houston, and White County is where IB is. 

Wow, the infection rate just shot up in White Co after the park was open for just a few hours!  Everybody run and hide!

@gforce1994, you are certainly an enigma.  You want what is in the best interest of KI when it comes to drones, but your fear of coronavirus posts may cause people to avoid going to KI and spending money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Wow, the infection rate just shot up in White Co after the park was open for just a few hours!  Everybody run and hide!

@gforce1994, you are certainly an enigma.  You want what is in the best interest of KI when it comes to drones, but your fear of coronavirus posts may cause people to avoid going to KI and spending money.  

This discussion isn’t about KI, it’s about IB, and the ratifications of their lax policies. IB’s policies fall way short of industry standard (social distancing and recommendation of masks). I’ve always said that CF’s approach is the best out of any park/chain, and if people want safe clean fun, look towards CF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gforce1994 said:

This discussion isn’t about KI, it’s about IB, and the ratifications of their lax policies. IB’s policies fall way short of industry standard (social distancing and recommendation of masks). I’ve always said that CF’s approach is the best out of any park/chain, and if people want safe clean fun, look towards CF.

I guess, but just last week you were bemoaning and graphing the spiral of death and destruction in Warren Co Ohio, home to Kings Island the Fun and Only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

I guess, but just last week you were bemoaning and graphing the spiral of death and destruction in Warren Co Ohio, home to Kings Island the Fun and Only.

I was pointing out what the governor pointed out. Cincinnati’s numbers are increasing, the data supports that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I was pointing out what the governor pointed out. Cincinnati’s numbers are increasing, the data supports that.

So are you advocating that Kings Island should remain closed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So are you advocating that Kings Island should remain closed?

I never at any point stated anything like that. I pointed out the fact that numbers were rising, that’s it.

The fact that people are unable to accept simple numbers and data points (and reasonable course of actions) is the whole reason why we’re still having the discussion mid pandemic rather than ending the pandemic

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I never at any point stated anything like that. I pointed out the fact that numbers were rising, that’s it.

The fact that people are unable to accept simple numbers and data points (and reasonable course of actions) is the whole reason why we’re still having the discussion mid pandemic rather than ending the pandemic

My bad, I forgot that after you left your job at KI you became an expert on global pandemics, how to end them and prevent them for the future!  Oh and drones too! ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

My bad, I forgot that after you left your job at KI you became an expert on global pandemics, how to end them and prevent them for the future!  Oh and drones too! ;)

I am no expert in global pandemics, but I have asked those who work in the field to explain the recent trends. That being said, if there’s something one can’t understand, it’s best to seek out the experts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

IB’s policies fall way short of industry standard (social distancing and recommendation of masks). 

It could be worse...at least they don’t have a mandatory buddy system. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a graph on hospital admissions in Indiana. Basically half of all Covid deaths in Indiana have been in nursing homes. Hospital admissions continue to decrease. The graph above suggesting White County, IN is somehow a "hotspot" is ridiculous. Anyone under 50---without major complications---at Indiana Beach is going to be just fine. Even if they do get it. Just don't go visit grandma after. Be smart.

indiana.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, Nutterie said:

do we know if Flight of Fear will be closed since it's indoors?

Lets just bust the walls down! 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...