Jump to content

Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Masks are required at the parks right now. We have hashed out your argument multiple times and there is no need to do it again. At this point in time, if you don't want to wear a mask and think t

It is really quite simple: If you do not want to wear a mask at a place of business that requires a mask, don't go. Please understand though- DO NOT cause a scene because an employee has asked yo

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

I rest my case. If you still feel that masks will reduce the spread of Covid, after the manufacturer tells you it won't, you're not worth my time. Good day, all. Go celebrate the freedoms that millions of Americans died protecting.

Those Americans faced bullets, cannons, and probable death. All that's being asked of you is to wear a mask.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CedarIslander said:

Those of you that are adamant on mask wearing, I have a few questions for you...

1. After you put your mask on, do you touch it, even just once?

2. Do you ever wear it just below the nose?

3. (For men) Do you have any facial hair? 

If you answered yes to any of these, your mask is rendered completely useless. Don't preach to me about wearing a mask, when you can't wear one properly. 

Masks are required at the parks right now. We have hashed out your argument multiple times and there is no need to do it again.

At this point in time, if you don't want to wear a mask and think they are useless don't make your reservation. No one is forcing you to go to the park where it's required.

 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The mask thing is terrible. We’ve been here 4 hours and leaving due to the mask and heat. Normally would be fine but paired with a mask, just can’t stay. It’s awful.

Will return when mask won’t be required any longer

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreedomPenguin said:

The mask thing is terrible. We’ve been here 4 hours and leaving due to the mask and heat. Normally would be fine but paired with a mask, just can’t stay. It’s awful.

Will return when mask won’t be required any longer

We've taken is slower and  not going our normal pace. Normally we'd be doing back to back coasters and zigzagging through the park. Instead it's break up the park zones areas ride there, head to rest area, do a bit more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

We've taken is slower and  not going our normal pace. Normally we'd be doing back to back coasters and zigzagging through the park. Instead it's break up the park zones areas ride there, head to rest area, do a bit more. 

Thing is, I actually wore my mask and my gf too. And like 70% of people didn’t even have theirs over their face just completely under Chin or off. I think me suffering and seeing them comfy made me irritable. I did call a guy out. I waited in line for my Orion pass, it turned down past the game area. 
 

We made it to the area with the swing coaster that goes in circles, turning into Flight of Fear and a guy hopped in front of us.

i said hey dude you just cut, he said did I? When we got to the ticket handout guy I told the Guy he line jumped us, the girl handed him a ticket and walked off.

 

made me so mad. I saw two smokers behind a bush as we was leaving, didn’t care at this point. Didn’t see any security to call them out. Doubt anything would of happened anyway.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

We've taken is slower and  not going our normal pace. Normally we'd be doing back to back coasters and zigzagging through the park. Instead it's break up the park zones areas ride there, head to rest area, do a bit more. 

And that's exactly how you manage like an adult and get to have fun.  Who knows what you might experience at a slower pace that you might miss going full bore to do as much as possible.  :)  sometimes it's good stop and smell the flowers so to speak.   

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CedarIslander said:

I rest my case. If you still feel that masks will reduce the spread of Covid, after the manufacturer tells you it won't, you're not worth my time. Good day, all. Go celebrate the freedoms that millions of Americans died protecting.

IMG_6056.jpg.2f7642392df1b3d47adaebcae7a787bb.jpg

MUH FREEDUMS

Go away. You're on the wrong side of history with this one.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, LuckyluvsKI said:

And that's exactly how you manage like an adult and get to have fun.  Who knows what you might experience at a slower pace that you might miss going full bore to do as much as possible.  :)  sometimes it's good stop and smell the flowers so to speak.   

 I wanna smell the flowers, but the smell of flowers are filed in "muh freedoms" and because I have to wear this mask, I can't have "muh freedoms" so I can't smell flowers. Or some other babble. :P

 

On 7/5/2020 at 11:00 AM, FreedomPenguin said:

Not gonna lie. I’m clueless to these two comments of its hidden meaning 

I'll move a comma, and then it starts to get funnier.... 

"Thing is I actually wore my mask, and my gf too" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

 I wanna smell the flowers, but the smell of flowers are filed in "muh freedoms" and because I have to wear this mask, I can't have "muh freedoms" so I can't smell flowers. Or some other babble. :P

If you can't smell flowers because of a mask, it's a symptom of covid and you should quarantine anyway.:huh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Phantom Theater said:

One quick and simple question:

If I am wearing a mask and I cough or sneeze, do you think more or less particles will eject from my mouth and nose into the air?

Exactly--it's all about the volume of shared air. Masks decrease the amount of shared airborne particles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than improper mask usage it looks like most things are getting generally done correctly. I'm looking forward to my visit Friday then figuring out if taking my kids would be a "safe" idea.

 

On the topic of everyone complaining of wearing the masks, I've taken to calling it "freedumb".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Phantom Theater said:

One quick and simple question:

If I am wearing a mask and I cough or sneeze, do you think more or less particles will eject from my mouth and nose into the air?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got back from the park and only lasted an hour before I left. It’s very hot today and having to wear a mask was absolutely terrible! They really need to rethink having everyone wear them. It’s also really hard to communicate with employees because they are wearing masks and have plexiglass in front of them. I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying. It’s too darn hot to wear a mask!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KI5709 said:

They really need to rethink having everyone wear them.

It's either everyone wears masks, or KI becomes a massive COVID hotspot and gets shut down again. If people want to go to the park, they have to wear a mask. I visited on July 1st and was there for 5 hours, I was just fine wearing a mask. The more you wear one, the more used to it you get.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KI5709 said:

I just got back from the park and only lasted an hour before I left. It’s very hot today and having to wear a mask was absolutely terrible! They really need to rethink having everyone wear them. It’s also really hard to communicate with employees because they are wearing masks and have plexiglass in front of them. I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying. It’s too darn hot to wear a mask!!

Thousands are tolerating.....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Which type of facemask were you wearing? Some are a lot more comfortable than others.

I found these 2-layer cloth masks for $4/pack at Target, which worked really well for me over the weekend.

IMG_20200703_102824.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KI5709 said:

It’s also really hard to communicate with employees because they are wearing masks and have plexiglass in front of them.

I agree with this. I was at the drink stand next to Dodem and they were having a problem with my pass and the drink plan. I still don't know all of what the poor girl was trying to tell me due to the mask, Plexiglas, and the midway noise.  I feel bad for the employees who are doing their best to help us with all of those sound barriers in the way. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard, the park is allowing neck gaiters, and I will reiterate, this is what I use. I wear it most of my day at work, I wear it to rock climb in my local climbing gym, it's not a bother. As an added bonus, you can dip the lower part in cool water, and it helps keep you cool, while you also cover your face with it. Very good all around thing, and way more comfortable than the multi layer cloth masks, and way less likely to hold your sweat in it than a surgical mask that is made of paper type material that becomes soggy with sweat. 

Or, don't go to outdoor places that require masks due to the herding of humans into small areas until the pandemic is over. That's also an option.... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, malem said:

Which type of facemask were you wearing? Some are a lot more comfortable than others.

I found these 2-layer cloth masks for $4/pack at Target, which worked really well for me over the weekend.

 

You obviously got to the display before this loon.  :lol:

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the gaiter at the first rider auction.  It was not bad at all, and I could put it in cold water and keep cool.  I just recommend not touching queue rails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I used the gaiter at the first rider auction.  It was not bad at all, and I could put it in cold water and keep cool.  I just recommend not touching queue rails.

I  have seen the park cleaning them as well. They have been on top of it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...