Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

3 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

DeWine will be ending all Ohio COVID-19 restrictions (mask mandate, capacity limits, etc.) three weeks from today on June 2nd.
https://news.wosu.org/coronavirus/2021-05-12/gov-dewine-to-give-statewide-address-on-covid-19-vaccination-effort

I predict Kings Island/Cedar Fair will probably keep indoor mask rules in place until the CDC says it’s safe to lift them.

I mean the CDC recommends mask wearing in crowded outdoor spaces and the park didn’t follow that suggestion. Most business so far seem to require masks indoor but that all can quickly change once more states drop the mask mandate.

I hope we get similar action in Kentucky. I went to KK for opening day and they were still running rides at half capacity and had several attractions closed. Both of these things were previously said not to be taking place by the new management so I am sure it is not by choice. 

7 minutes ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Hersheypark is no longer requiring masks and social distancing for fully vaccinated guests. Sounds cool but I wonder how they’re supposed to enforce this?

3912B36B-B8F5-4E6C-BD68-0DD35633C2E1.jpeg

Spoiler alert it won’t. Based off the wording of the tweet I assume masks also won’t be required indoors. It’ll be interesting to see how quickly other parks follow suit.

• Like 1

I think we've entered the stage of 'get a vaccine or take your own risk'. Which is totally fair at this point. Nobody over 12 can complain about vaccine availability, appointments are available in abundance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I think we've entered the stage of 'get a vaccine or take your own risk'. Which is totally fair at this point. Nobody over 12 can complain about vaccine availability, appointments are available in abundance.

Precisely my take on the matter as well. "We've offered the vaccine, it's widely available, if you want it, get it, if you don't don't. If you want to say you did but didn't, you might end up sick." 

• Like 3

From comments made by Bob Chapek during yesterday's earnings call and an interview with CNBC, masks will most likely be dropping at Walt Disney World at some point this summer.  Looks good for our July 17 trip to WDW!!

https://wdwnt.com/2021/05/ceo-bob-chapek-confirms-walt-disney-world-mask-policy-will-change-this-summer/

Edit: Universal Orlando dropping outdoor masks starting tomorrow, 5/15!

https://wdwnt.com/2021/05/breaking-universal-orlando-resort-no-longer-requiring-guests-to-wear-masks-outdoors-starting-tomorrow/

• Like 1

I never would have guessed that Six Flags would be the last major holdout on outdoor masks.    They're not budging.

Since they were one of the most lax about enforcing, I'd assumed they would have been the first to ditch them.  

• 2 months later...

The CDC is now saying that fully vaccinated individuals should go back to wearing masks indoors in areas with high levels of transmission due to the Delta variant. I wonder if KI and any other parks will reinstate indoor mask mandates because of this. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-to-reverse-indoor-mask-policy-to-recommend-them-for-fully-vaccinated-people-in-covid-hot-spots.html

• Sad 2

I highly doubt it.  Compliance in general at businesses dropped off as time went on even when masks were still mandated by the state or local government.

That ship has sailed and will take a lot worse than what we went through before we will see government mandates again...best case all we will see are strong recommendations along with certain cities implementing mandates, but I do not see it at the state level at this point.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I highly doubt it.  Compliance in general at businesses dropped off as time went on even when masks were still mandated by the state or local government.

That ship has sailed and will take a lot worse than what we went through before we will see government mandates again...best case all we will see are strong recommendations along with certain cities implementing mandates, but I do not see it at the state level at this point.

Plus, at this point we have the vaccine. People who are vaxed are not dying. Everyone is empowered to help themselves now. That was not really the case before.

• Like 1