Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

On the plus side, it seems that Ohio's current hospitalizations are finally on a downward trend. We've gone the past 5 days without seeing a day to day increase, and it's been the most significant decrease from the mid thousands to what is now mid 800s. It also seems that deaths are trending downwards as well.

• Like 4

One can also contact covid from any number of food items in a grocery store that one touches, any number of retail items in a store like Walmart, a gas pump handle, a debit card machine, a car door handle that a thief may have touched while you were in the store, a restroom inside of a retail establishment, or if you were sheltering in place at home and you do not leave your house ever but someone goes out and buys supplies for you, you can also pick up the virus from anything that is brought into your house. The person wearing a mask and gloves and a retail environment, and touches their face, even with a mask on, is more likely to spread the virus than someone in a swimming pool..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

There is a big difference between living your life in fear and shoulder to shoulder crowds which DO happen at KI with unrestricted access. 

Would shoulder-to-shoulder crowds at KI cause you to fear for your life? If so, I have an idea...

Girl at my work just tested positve, was working with her yesterday. She has a side job in an assisted living home. There is a massive outbreak in that home, we are not allowed to work for 14 days unless we get a test and pass. However no one wants to test us, even though we are exposed. This just shows that "anyone" can't get a test.

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Girl at my work just tested positve, was working with her yesterday. She has a side job in an assisted living home. There is a massive outbreak in that home, we are not allowed to work for 14 days unless we get a test and pass. However no one wants to test us, even though we are exposed. This just shows that "anyone" can't get a test.

That's unfortunate you can't get a test.  There are testing places everywhere here in East TN.  Clinics and drive throughs.  And most are empty. You can pretty much get a test any time you want.  Might have to make a reservation if you want the rapid response.  Reservations are needed for the antibody test but it's often same day.

Not surprising she was positive and works in a nursing home.  That's where a lot of this is happening.  Hope you don't have any problems or develop anything.  

• Like 2

Just now, CoasterFan3180 said:

Crazy that they won’t test you after being exposed. I was able to get tested when I had just a mild fever. My results came back negative but was told I should still stay home for two weeks since those tests are not perfect.

Yeah I know but apparently I'm not sick from what the local forum DR says. Other people are getting tests no problem but this is the first massive outbreak for our county and its all from that house she works at.

Just now, bjcolglazier said:

This is actually a discussion about coronavirus impacting theme parks...

Funny how if it spreads from a bad decision it impacts theme parks doesn't it? Aren't we trying to keep the numbers down so we can get more things up and running? If numbers increase that could mean that our chances for a season this year are slim.

1 minute ago, spooky21 said:

Funny how if it spreads from a bad decision it impacts theme parks doesn't it? Aren't we trying to keep the numbers down so we can get more things up and running? If numbers increase that could mean that our chances for a season this year are slim.

Exactly...and scenes like this last night do not help the situation...

You know if KI opens that it will look way worse than this concerning crowds and photos will make it's way to social media - and may result in closure of the park - no doubt the Governor is watching these sort of things as he determines when to let the next sector open!

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cranley-cincinnati-bars-that-do-not-follow-social-distancing-guidelines-can-and-will-be-shut-down/32524300

image.png

I created this thread back in like January/February when we weren't thinking much about how COVID-19 could affect the season and theme park industry. It started with amusement Insiders posting a video on the topic and I thought it was interesting so I decided to make a thread to discuss the topic. Now we are far into the pandemic and basically this thread turned into a COVID-19 thread which I think is an ok thing. If I could change the thread name, I would change it to "COVID-19 Discussion thread" or something along those lines. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I created this thread back in like January/February when we weren't thinking much about how COVID-19 could affect the season and theme park industry. It started with amusement Insiders posting a video on the topic and I thought it was interesting so I decided to make a thread to discuss the topic. Now we are far into the pandemic and basically this thread turned into a COVID-19 thread which I think is an ok thing. If I could change the thread name, I would change it to "COVID-19 Discussion thread" or something along those lines. 

I think it is fine - every thread started that gets past 3 or 4 pages, and certainly one like this that is at 85 pages and counting, will have the "side-bar" type discussion at some point - in most cases it is fine.  If it goes too far off the rails like a certain topic over in the Orion Construction thread, then the admins will spin it off into it's own thread.

These discussions are certainly relevant to the topic at hand, and can hopefully help the next person that gets exposed and assisting them in knowing what to do.

• Like 2

Testing protocols are a ****show depending on who knows what locally. My SIL was admitted to the hospital 3 weeks ago in STL, stabilized and then sent home to her 4 year old and husband with NO test but diagnosed “presumed Covid-19”. 

“Anyone who needs/wants a test can get it”.  This is the BIG LIE unfortunately some believe.  The citizens of this country are being sold down the river and 40% are cheering it on.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

Testing protocols are a ****show depending on who knows what locally. My SIL was admitted to the hospital 3 weeks ago in STL, stabilized and then sent home to her 4 year old and husband with NO test but diagnosed “presumed Covid-19”. 

“Anyone who needs/wants a test can get it”.  This is the BIG LIE unfortunately some believe.  The citizens of this country are being sold down the river and 40% are cheering it on.  

I've been eagerly waiting for you to chime in for some reason lol. This is my point^^^^

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

What would President King Ding Dong do to spit out 360-million tests per day. If everyone wanted to? If you are reasonably ill you CAN get a test. I've been talking to many people across many states. Sometimes a test is not warranted. And I know you're smart enough to understand that.  

2 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

What would President King Ding Dong do to spit out 360-million tests per day. If everyone wanted to? If you are reasonably ill you CAN get a test. I've been talking to many people across many states. Sometimes a test is not warranted. And I know you're smart enough to understand that.  

Capture.PNG

So we need enough to test everyone, everyday, and then we will have 30 million left over ??:rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Exactly...and scenes like this last night do not help the situation...

You know if KI opens that it will look way worse than this concerning crowds and photos will make it's way to social media - and may result in closure of the park - no doubt the Governor is watching these sort of things as he determines when to let the next sector open!

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cranley-cincinnati-bars-that-do-not-follow-social-distancing-guidelines-can-and-will-be-shut-down/32524300

image.png

Stuff like this makes me wish we had an angry react button. The people that do this kind of stuff ruin everything for all of us. This stuff is what will cause a second wave.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snowball said:

Stuff like this makes me wish we had an angry react button. The people that do this kind of stuff ruin everything for all of us. This stuff is what will cause a second wave.

The Bar I went to Friday night followed the rules while I was there but I did get there before the dinner rush hit and only stayed long enough to eat my dinner and drink 2 beers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

She was sick enough.   You are being a foolish.  And played.  
I wouldn’t have sat on my thumb for the past three months and lied to everyone.  I can assure you of that.

In early March the CDC and the WHO were telling us masks were foolish.

9 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

In early March the CDC and the WHO were telling us masks were foolish.

Because the science at the time had not determined it was airborne.  This administration is still sitting on its thumb and telling us tests are a waste.  Look it up on something other than OAN or Faux.  

16 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Too bad you all aren't in my state. Our governor is begging people to get tested on his daily scolding show. Yet our testing sites are empty.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Helps having the Senate Majority Leader from represent your state.  Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Because the science at the time had not determined it was airborne.  This administration is still sitting on its thumb and telling us tests are a waste.  Look it up on something other than OAN or Faux.  

No, they knew it, but were lying to you. Again...everybody and their brother is on it...how would President King Ding Dong spit out more tests?  You cannot! Everybody is trying to. It's ramping up as fast as any government/private sector  possibly can. You cannot crap test results out. Because God knows we are trying. Those who can are going fast as they can.

• Like 1