Kings Island and Cedar Point opening Mid-May

BoddaH1994

They also claim to be adding operating days and have special deals. 

Adding operating days seems like it’s a win-win. Probably days between Haunt and WF. A lot of parks are open during that time. 

As far as special deals go, I’m interested. Not necessary from a guest’s standpoint as none of this is their fault. However it’ll be interesting to see how they will use this to leverage attendance. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Wonder what will happen to the just for fun event at cp?  the one with the 20.20 ride wristband. I’m not too worried if canceled I’m sure they’ll refund or whatever.  I think it’s right at the cusp of mid May I can’t remember.  

It was like the 4th and 5th right before 9th and OSU day on the 8th.   I suspect it will all be just be delayed.   Those are like practice runs for the hard opening.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

It was like the 4th and 5th right before 9th and OSU day on the 8th.   I suspect it will all be just be delayed.   Those are like practice runs for the hard opening.

Cool I haven’t been to cp since 2006 so I hope this event can happen if not next year we were planning to go platinum anyways :) 

7 minutes ago, freaks76 said:

Wonder what this means for Coasterstock, seeing both dates are right there together. Even if it does open mid May. 

I'm thinking coasterstock could be delayed. If the park were to open May 16th, it would be kinda hard to hold the event the same day. Maybe the park could do some Orion VIP tours on opening day, but not counting on it. 

• Like 1

Man, this sucks but it is what it is....  Now I get real concerned about how this is affecting those who are Kings Island Gold Pass Members & Cedar Fair Platinum Pass but I am sure Kings Island along with Cedar Point, Kings Dominion and several other Cedar Fair parks will be working with those pass members who are affected by the closing due to COVID19 which is in fact Coronavirus....and I can say this....I think Kings Island and all of the other Cedar Fair parks will find a way to make up for the loss of days.  It's sad but it is what it is.   I am hopeful Kings Island will hold the new Gold All Season bottles featuring Orion on it as well as other Cedar Fair parks that has the Gold All Season bottles, they should be doing the same thing with Kings Island.     I knew the timing is just bad enough because of COVID19 crisis....  Heartbreaking.

• Like 1

Just now, BoddaH1994 said:

^ They’ve said they are adding operating days. It’ll be interesting to see where goes.

Obviously we don't know the terms of the corporate buyout days, but for any number of reasons those could get cancelled.  Like company X is now facing bankruptcy can't pay the bill or just needs to cut costs.

The only thing I can say is this:   I do hope things work out sooner or later......I will ensure that Kings Island can save the new Orion all season bottle (gold) for me by the time I get back....but it won't be for at least another 5 weeks..  I don't know if Kings Island will be able to get things mailed out to passholders including me like new park map and something like that possibly adding the new all season gold bottle with Orion could likely be mailed out so it will be up to Kings Island staff and see what they can do....Hopefully, they will also have Orion stuff ready by then.

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad we now have an answer re: Opening Day. I, for one, am looking forward to the mid-May opening, because now I know I can attend (barring any lingering COVID-19-restriction that says I can't or shouldn't). If Kings Island was opening in April as planned (excluding COVID-19 from the equation), I may have had to miss that weekend as my family typically celebrates Easter the day before (as well as the day of). While I could handle missing that day (as I could have just gone the next weekend), I feel better knowing there is a higher likelihood that I'll be at the park on Opening Day! :D

EDIT: Also, this...

If someone asks when KI plans to open, we can just say this:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Unfortunately, I think plenty of people will be looking for work the rest of the year.

This is what I'm most concerned about. More so than getting the full value of the pass I'm paying for or even when the park will open this year, as much as I love it. My thoughts are on those who may not have a job at the end of this. Heck, will I have a job when it is all said and done? A lot of companies may downsize their workforce and close stores, which could even have an impact on park attendance. In the meantime, be kind to retail and food service workers. We're doing the best we can. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Anyone else here feel a sense of mourning? I know it's just an entertainment venue, but I feel sad. Things were going so well for CF ( and my units). But these days will soon be behind us.

As far as Coasterstock...if it is changed to a different weekend, I am out. My work schedule is set until August now. I'm hoping they will allow the tickets to be transferred to someone else. Hate to see them go to waste. I also hate to miss my first Coasterstock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Sad 1