Kings Island and Cedar Point opening Mid-May

BoddaH1994

23 hours ago, presto123 said:

Hopefully America will have a change in leadership to handle a second or third wave. The response has been nothing short of pathetic.

What happened to no politics on this site? I come on here and instead of Kings Island all I see is people bringing up politics and complaining about leadership.

I'm glad you all have your views. Seriously, good for you that's what out country is all about. Me and 90% of everyone else don't want to hear about them. I just quoted you because I saw it but there are many others that should probably take a chill pill. Politics is too divided in our country today. We don't need to bring that here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, presto123 said:

Hopefully America will have a change in leadership to handle a second or third wave. The response has been nothing short of pathetic.

First, politics is a no-no on the site.  

Secondly, this is unprecedented in the history of the US and likely the modern world.  There is no manual on this.  The President can only act on information given and in the absence of data, guess.  There is NO evidence that any previous or future administration would handle this differently, better or worse.  Dr. Fauci served in the Clinton, Bush, and Obama Adm.  He's a smart/intelligent person- and the President and other leaders appear to listen to him (as well as Dr. Birx).

So, honestly, don't care what side of the political aisle you sit on- your comment above... (I've deleted several versions of the end of this sentence and will just leave blank).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Even though this quote is from a politician...it is not meant to be political, I just like what he said...it still seems like a lot of the younger generation do not realize that even if it probably won’t affect their own personal health as much, it can for someone they come in contact with.

An elected official had a blunt message for the spring breakers.
"Quit being an a**," Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen told CNN affiliate KXAN. "Get over yourselves. Whether you think this is an issue or not, it is. Whether you think it could affect you or not, it does. The reality of it is, if I'm a college kid who's going to spring break in Mexico, you're affecting a lot of people. Grow up."

43 minutes ago, raggedman07 said:

Have YOU been watching the press conferences?...or have you been allowing the media to "inform" you of what is said in them?

How many Guy Fawkes masks do you own, slim? Is it equal or greater to your collection of illicitly downloaded Rage Against The Machine albums?

But to answer your question: I catch most of Ohio's and the White House's. Kentucky when possible. Indiana on occasion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

image.jpeg

I think we should dial it back a little.....just sayin'.

That's fair. Although, let's be honest here: these extraordinary times we live in and the political situation even before the virus can in no way compare to the division this community felt over Son of Beast. ;-)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

First, politics is a no-no on the site.  

Secondly, this is unprecedented in the history of the US and likely the modern world. 

Two very good points.

Please avoid posting political opinions. That is blantely against the TOS. Quoting what was said by political leaders that goes with the topic at hand is ok. It is when we begin adding personal opinions and remarks about the political leaders actions is when the TOS starts getting violated.

To @Outdoor Man's second point. It is a hard time for all on how this is could be affecting other KIC members personal lives. Please keep your fellow KIC members in mind when posting about these sensitive topics.

• Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I don't know what the temperature is down at Kings Island, but I got that feeling in my head of how nice it would be to ride a roller coaster right now. I guess I'm using my imagination.

It would be a perfect temperature to be waiting in a 4 hour queue line for Orion...one of those days you could do shorts or pants and be comfortable either way...just enough of a breeze...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I don't know what the temperature is down at Kings Island, but I got that feeling in my head of how nice it would be to ride a roller coaster right now. I guess I'm using my imagination.

We have had a lot colder opening days in the past.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2020 at 12:39 AM, KI FANATIC 37 said:

What happened to no politics on this site? I come on here and instead of Kings Island all I see is people bringing up politics and complaining about leadership.

I'm glad you all have your views. Seriously, good for you that's what out country is all about. Me and 90% of everyone else don't want to hear about them. I just quoted you because I saw it but there are many others that should probably take a chill pill. Politics is too divided in our country today. We don't need to bring that here.

This is far more than politics in this era. It's right vs wrong. Decency vs immorality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I wonder If Kings Island and Cedar Point will just wait until mid May like they were originally to see if anything changes before they decide to make a move similar to Knotts berry farm.

They may wait but since Knott's mentions platinum passes, it is pretty much a foregone conclusion this will be chain-wide...

...also this announcement does lay the groundwork to later simply say they will not open this year ...

To make the announcement now that passes will be good thru 2021 is a telling indicator of such likelihood...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

They may wait but since Knott's mentions platinum passes, it is pretty much a foregone conclusion this will be chain-wide...

...also this announcement does lay the groundwork to later simply say they will not open this year ...

To make the announcement now that passes will be good thru 2021 is a telling indicator of such likelihood...

I still think the odds that the park just won't open this year are pretty low. However, I do agree with what you've said in the past about they likely have a time on mind that if they can't open by then, they'll just scrap the season. I think that time is sometime in July. 

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I still think the odds that the park just won't open this year are pretty low. However, I do agree with what you've said in the past about they likely have a time on mind that if they can't open by then, they'll just scrap the season. I think that time is sometime in July. 

You may very well be right, but why do you think that, what is your thought process here?