If Cedar Fair gets back with intamin, what ride should Kings Island get.

Cordell75

If Cedar Fair gets back with Intamin   

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cedar Fair hasn't make an intamin coaster since Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion. Intamin has made a lot of popular rides around the world. Cedar Point has 4 Intamin coasters that are amazing which are Maverick, Millenium force, Top thrill dragster, and Wicked twister. They've made a lot of special rides that amaze people and If Kings Island gets an Intamin coaster, what would they get and how great will it be? Could it happen in the future? 

images.jpg

• Like 3

I would go at the blitz coaster similar to Maverick which is a top 10 coaster for me.

Personally, I'm all for Intamin's return but I'm still skeptical on their reliability. I'm going to have to see how Pantheon turns out before I make a final judgement call. I know their issues with Intimidator 305, Shoot the Rapids, and others have not made them a friend of Cedar Fair.

Hopefully they can rebuild their reputation like Vekoma is doing and focus more on reliability rather than taking risks. Until I see a change I think Cedar Fair will continue to buy from Mack Rides.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I would go at the blitz coaster similar to Maverick. I would be all for Intamin's return but I'm still skeptical on their reliability. I'm going to have to see how Pantheon turns out before I make a final judgement call. I know their issues with Intimidator 3:05, Shoot the Rapids, and some others have not made them a friend of Cedar Fair this past decade.

Hopefully they can rebuild their reputation like Vekoma is doing and focus more on reliability than taking risks. Until I see a change I think Cedar Fair will continue to buy from Mack Rides.

Lots of things changes in a decade.  Companies evolve.  Look at all the reliable and awesome rides throughout the world.  Taron, hyperion, coaster in the clouds, dueling dragon, taiga, flying aces, etc.  

The most technical ride to be built is hadgrids with 5 launches, multiple trains, drop track, switch track, etc.  The velocicoaster is going to be awesome as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coaster sally said:

Lots of things changes in a decade.  Companies evolve.  Look at all the reliable and awesome rides throughout the world.  Taron, hyperion, coaster in the clouds, dueling dragon, taiga, flying aces, etc.  

The most technical ride to be built is hadgrids with 5 launches, multiple trains, drop track, switch track, etc.  The velocicoaster is going to be awesome as well.  

I'm not denying their success with other parks but if I worked for Cedar Fair, I'd be more concerned with how they work with my chain. There's a huge reason why the chain hasn't worked with Intamin in over a decade.

Like I said, I'm all for their return but they gotta show Cedar Fair they can work within their safety/ reliability standards and produce a product that reflects that.

WOW! Coaster thru the Clouds looks like a Roller Coaster Tycoon-esque coaster loosely based on the idea of Millennium Force. Also, can we talk about those multiple headchoppers, though!

Also, more relevant to the question, if Intamin did work with Cedar Fair again, I'd love to see a Intamin Impulse at KI.

But if speaking more realistically, one of those 10 Inversion coasters and/or an Intamin Blitz would be fantastic!!! Or even something custom/unique would be cool.

EDIT: An Aquatrax would be cool too! Also, Fun Fact: according to RCDB, there is apparently a max height restriction on Coaster Through the Clouds (much like Banshee, DT or Delirium at KI); definitely makes sense with those multiple headchoppers!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:46 AM, coaster sally said:

Out of all the coasters presented here, I edited the list in the quote to show the coasters I think would work at the park best. For me, it is a tie between the last two coasters. And while I really like the first one, it kinda seems like a larger, better themed BLST.

An Intamin blitz would be similar idea to BLSC but it would be a much grander scale and more intense. BLSC is a family coaster, so if it was like Maverick I think it would be different enough. Something like Maverick would be my top choice as that is a top 3 coaster for me.

• Like 1

I don't understand the thought process of "can't have to many launch coasters" when we don't see any "we have to many chain lift coasters" comments. Every coaster has to get it's energy from somewhere, whether it be gravity from chain lift or if it is launched. Personally, I find a launch to be a little more exciting than the traditional chain lift and I am ok with more of them.

• Like 5

^Maverick had an inline roll removed, Wicked Twister needed new supports, I-305 needed its 2nd hill re-profiled, Xcelerator had its launch cable snap with park guests on the ride, I believe Millennium Force also had its lift cable snap. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^Maverick had an inline roll removed, Wicked Twister needed new supports, I-305 needed its 2nd hill re-profiled, Xcelerator had its launch cable snap with park guests on the ride, I believe Millennium Force also had its lift cable snap. 

It doesn't help that theres a whole section of it's Wikipedia page dedicated to "Safety Incidents"

• Like 1