Potential New B&M Coaster Type

I was watching a video on youtube that showed that B&M filed for a Trademark for an attraction called a surf coaster. This will most likely be a new offering of a rollercoaster. Any guesses and what this could be?

Looking at all of B&M's rides they all use the same kind of track with either their regular track model or their inverted track models. With the only differences being the size of the tracks. Almost all of B&M's different models rely on different trains not changes to track. So I don't see that changing with whatever this is. 

Video found here:

• Like 1

Its about time they come out with a new model. They started their coaster career with a stand-up model so I would like to see that perfected.

While I still believe they could try a 4d model, I think they're another decade or so from attempting that. There's a reason why there's not a lot of large scale 4d coasters out there.

• Like 2

I had a thought this weekend for this potential coaster type. Given the concept of surf I almost wonder if this could just be their own take on a half pipe or disco style coaster. They seem to be popping up a lot of places and would be something that even smaller parks could probably afford to get from them. And these have a surf type feel to them and many have a surf theme, like Surf Dog here at KI. It would be great if it was a whole new concept and design but I could see this just being something as simple as this too

I wonder what's the next park that's going to get a B&M giga.

I don't know of any company outside CF who can finance one. Six Flags couldn't afford one unless they left all the other parks in the dust for the season. Sea World might be able to but I don't see any of their parks needing something like that.

I'd say we might see one overseas in a few years but that depends on if any of those parks would want to spend a minimum of $30 million

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:22 AM, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder what's the next park that's going to get a B&M giga.

I don't know of any company outside CF who can finance one. Six Flags couldn't afford one unless they left all the other parks in the dust for the season. Sea World might be able to but I don't see any of their parks needing something like that.

I'd say we might see one overseas in a few years but that depends on if any of those parks would want to spend a minimum of $30 million

I could see Busch Gardens Tampa get one for the Sea World chain. Since they just got Iron Gwazi I wouldn't expect it for awhile but since they lack a traditional hyper in the park, or anything with good floater air. I think it would round out there line up well too.

• Like 2