Racer Receives Off Season Track Work!

Racer has been getting subsequently better over the last few seasons with each bit of re-tracking.  I expect the same this season (or whenever we get to ride it again).  

I know they probably won't repaint it to its original patriotic colors, but at least put some new chaser lights all the way down, too. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Racer has been getting subsequently better over the last few seasons with each bit of re-tracking.  I expect the same this season (or whenever we get to ride it again).  

I know they probably won't repaint it to its original patriotic colors, but at least put some new chaser lights all the way down, too. 

If I remember correctly, they did have chaser lights that went all the way to the end of the mall. I would like to see that return.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:10 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

It will be very exciting to see how this changes the racing after the turn around for this season.

The racing was awful last year fir two reasons.   The blue side was much slower going to the lift hill.     The entire first half of the ride there was no racing Because the red side always left the lift Hill at least a full train earlier than the blue side.

Sometimes the blue side would catch the red side because the far turn around was uneven due to One side being retracted.  

unless they fixed the track going to the lift hill it’s still not going to race very well.   It really needs a synchronized lift hill like kings dominion’s version.     In the big picture that can’t be too expensive of an improvement and it makes Racer 75 at Kings Dominion an amazing ride every time

• Like 3