What KI Rides Have You Never Been On?

King Ding Dong

3 hours ago, Bansheelover said:

I never have rode Skyflyer or Slingshot, and have no plans to as long as they are upcharges.

Other than a few newer kiddie rides, these two rides are the only ones there I haven't ridden. If they are going to upcharge you to get on a ride, then they should upcharge you for something other than a simple carnival ride.

• Like 1

The only active ride in the entire park I’ve never been on (including up charges and water rides) is Charlie brown’s windup.

The other kid rides I went on when I had very small children, but they don’t let adults on the windup. My son has been on every ride/slide in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 4/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Believe it or not, I find WindSeeker to be significantly more terrifying to me than Drop Tower. The worst thing about DT for me was my ears popping the one time I rode it. WindSeeker looked like it would be relaxing, but the way those seats are engineered are anything but. They perfected the sensation of absolute insecurity with those restraints.

I haven't even let my 11yo on WindSeeker because no one will ride with her. Maybe a bit overprotective but even the look of the seats seem like she can slip out. And I'd feel like poo if she freaked out with noone to keep her chill. 

• Like 1

First up, I wanna thank @collin.klopfstein for showing me that phone app- I found it awesome and just spent a few hours digging through my old trip reports to try and log my ride counts. :P

Based on that app, here is EVERYTHING I am missing from Kings Island, including Planet Snoopy...plus my reason why I have not ridden them yet. :P

NON-KIDS FREE RIDES
Kings Mills Antique Autos (Wanted to try these in 2019, but they were always a 45+ minute wait when I went past due to the fact they were brand new that year)

UPCHARGE ATTRACTIONS: I have not ridden either of these, due to their extra charge nature and the fact you are held up by just some skinny cables terrorizes me.

Sling Shot
Xtreme Skyflyer

"KIDDIE" Rides (Haven't ridden these due to their kids centric nature)

Charlie Brown's Wind-Up

Joe Cool's Dodgem School

Kite-Eating Tree

Linus' Beetle Bugs

Linus' Launcher (of all the non-ridden kids ride I would be most likely to ride this one in the future as it looks decent enough)

Peanuts 500

Peanuts Off-Road Rally

Snoopy vs. Red Baron

Snoopy's Junction

Snoopy's Space Buggies

Woodstock Whirlybirds

If I have been on a kiddie ride, it was probably because it wasn't THAT kiddie (see: Woodstock Gliders which I found pretty fun) or I rode it as a 10-year-old back in the summer of 2000.

And finally

Orion

NO ONE (save maybe some KI Employees perhaps) HAS RIDDEN ORION YET- it has not opened yet!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PatchesC said:

I haven't even let my 11yo on WindSeeker because no one will ride with her. Maybe a bit overprotective but even the look of the seats seem like she can slip out. And I'd feel like poo if she freaked out with noone to keep her chill. 

I can assure you that it's very safe. I'd argue it's much safer than anything with lap bars.

• Like 2

I think I've been on all the adult rides the park currently offers (excluding Planet Snoopy and Orion :P). There were some seasons where I just didn't ridden certain rides at all, but I think I've ridden every adult ride currently in operation at least once in my lifetime.

As for defunct rides, I never got to ride King Cobra as I got a walk-of-shame for being too short. And I probably did not get to all of the Action Theater Rides (I know Smash Factory and the short-lived Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara as Side B was almost never open), but I know I did Spongebob and 7th Portal when they were around. Finally, I don't think I ever got to experience The Edge (that giant climbing wall near where the Oktoberfest Coke Freestyle is today)- though I do (barely) remember seeing it in person - and the Eurobobbles (I think?). The latter were on Flight Commander's pad, which has since been removed for Autos. Speaking of the Autos, I don't know if I ever did the Rivertown side of the original Antique Cars.

EDIT: Also never rode Phantom Theater as it seemed scary as a kid.

I think the more appropriate question for a community like this would be, what’s the non-kiddy ride that it’s been the longest since you’ve ridden?

For me, probably WWC, simply because while I’m at the park I’m a fan or getting wet but not necessarily getting drenched! I think my last ride was 2002 or so. 

13 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think the more appropriate question for a community like this would be, what’s the non-kiddy ride that it’s been the longest since you’ve ridden?

I haven't ridden Slingshot since 2015. Also, I didn't ride Congo Falls, Dodgem, the Carousel, and RFYLCB once in 2019.

29 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@MDMC01 RFYLCB is a kiddie ride according to the park.  Otherwise that would be my pick as that was the first ride we rode at KI in 2016.   I think the Dodgems would be the longest since.

Looking through the ride lists for got 2 we have never been on. Grand Carousel and KMAA.

I honestly hate that. I wish RFYLCB would be re-themed to its original theming and be returned to Rivertown because its definitely not a kiddie ride. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I honestly hate that. I wish RFYLCB would be re-themed to its original theming and be returned to Rivertown because its definitely not a kiddie ride. 

I'm with you on that, but I don't mind the Charlie Brown stuff as much as I used to.  The log flume is a ton of fun. I hate having wet shoes, but on the days when I happen to wear flip flops or whatever, I give it a whirl.  Sometimes I forget how fun that ride is.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I'm with you on that, but I don't mind the Charlie Brown stuff as much as I used to.  The log flume is a ton of fun. I hate having wet shoes, but on the days when I happen to wear flip flops or whatever, I give it a whirl.  Sometimes I forget how fun that ride is.

I'm not saying the current theming is bad, I just prefer the original.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:53 PM, McSalsa said:

NON-KIDS FREE RIDES
Kings Mills Antique Autos (Wanted to try these in 2019, but they were always a 45+ minute wait when I went past due to the fact they were brand new that year)

I completely forgot about the Antique Cars. That's another ride I haven't ridden. I choose to re-ride Vortex instead when the group I was with rode them (a good decision considering I couldn't get back to Ki for a final ride)  

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Let’s see I didn’t get to ride The Bat the ride broke down while I was in line and was closed the rest of the day. Didn’t get to ride the screamin Demon. 

also was in line when The Bat broke down .  Was down rest of the day.

• Like 1

I have never been on Drop Tower, any of the wooden coasters, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express, a some other rides I can’t remember. I plan to change that when I get back this season (whenever that is). Who here has any good advice for Drop Tower? I am mostly scared of the heights of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk