Haunt 2020 thread

SonofBaconator

I thought of a great idea for Haunt in light of COVID-19 and social distancing. Instead of the regular amount of mazes, they could have 1 big outdoor maze alongside a few of the more popular indoor mazes (like Slaughterhouse, Killmart and Chaos). The big outdoor maze could be in the woods, possibly be an upcharge and combine features of mazes that didn't make it into the 2020 lineup as well as showcase features of past mazes (as 2020 is Haunt/Fearfest's 20 anniversary, after all).

Even if Haunt goes as planned, I wonder if there will be something done for the 20th anniversary? 

On 4/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, MDMC01 said:

I thought of a great idea for Haunt in light of COVID-19 and social distancing. Instead of the regular amount of mazes, they could have 1 big outdoor maze alongside a few of the more popular indoor mazes (like Slaughterhouse, Killmart and Chaos). The big outdoor maze could be in the woods, possibly be an upcharge and combine features of mazes that didn't make it into the 2020 lineup as well as showcase features of past mazes (as 2020 is Haunt/Fearfest's 20 anniversary, after all).

Even if Haunt goes as planned, I wonder if there will be something done for the 20th anniversary? 

I doubt they would acknowledge Haunt's anniversary (sadly)

I would love to see the scare actors on the rolling slidey board things disappear from the entrance plaza.  I was carrying my camera and an iPhone when one of those guys tried to frighten me.  Unfortunately, I feel like I scolded them a bit.  I kind of shouted “what are you doing? Do you see what I am holding?  What if I had dropped this stuff?”  It is way too crowded to let these rolling slidey boards be a thing.  The last thing Cedar Fair needs are personal property and injury claims all over the place. 

1 hour ago, amapan said:

I would love to see the scare actors on the rolling slidey board things disappear from the entrance plaza.  I was carrying my camera and an iPhone when one of those guys tried to frighten me.  Unfortunately, I feel like I scolded them a bit.  I kind of shouted “what are you doing? Do you see what I am holding?  What if I had dropped this stuff?”  It is way too crowded to let these rolling slidey boards be a thing.  The last thing Cedar Fair needs are personal property and injury claims all over the place. 

They're some of my favorite scare actors 

• Like 2

Real talk, if Haunt is even open this year, I really hope for HalloTween again. I might be an adult, but I'm also a huge baby and I've never been through a haunted house before. The toned-down experience I think would be a good thing to get my feet wet. (On a side note, are the haunts wheelchair-accessible? If not, I guess this is all a moot point, heh.)

Also the jokes in this thread are absolutely killer, had a hearty chuckle! The optometrist one and the Urgent Scare jokes are 10/10,

• Like 1

That's great to hear! Now I'm really excited, lmao. I'm familiar with the park's disability options as I've been with a cane/wheelchair for about a year now, but I haven't seen haunt with it just yet so my inner pessimist was like "Nah, you'll have to walk it bro." 

I so hope the Haunt is open this year, even in the main season isn't. Haunt is by far my favorite time to go, I love all the halloween themeing! 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, MaxxForce said:

If there's not an optometry themed house for Haunt 20/20, I will be very upset.

in all seriousness, that may be a good idea; have a giant mirror maze and you have to figure out when you are going to look in the mirror and see someone else lol

Also, another "social distancing" idea... what if they sent people in only one or two people at a time. It will kill capacity, but it may up the scare factor. On Opening Night 2018, I got to go through Slaughter House by myself and that was really cool.