Thoughts on the Current State of Soak City

bengalsguy23

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

How can six flags have such awesome water parks when CF can't?  A lot of SIX parks has water coasters.  Even holiday world has 3.  The only water coaster purchased at a CF property is at castaway Bay and it sucks.  They inherited the shlitterbahn one.

South Bay Shores at Great America looks like it will be awesome.

• Like 1

One might also ask why our CF water parks seem to always operate only from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We do get warm and sometimes hot days/weekends in May and the same goes in Sept. Last year Holiday World  kept theirs running through the end of Sept. 2 years ago the 3rd weekend in May with was Coasterstock weekend reached 87 and it was sunny. The park was slammed and the only water ride running was Charlie Brown. They also seem to either close the water park down for most weekdays in Aug or the whole park because habits over the years have changed. More people are visiting in May and less in Aug.

19 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

One might also ask why our CF water parks seem to always operate only from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Labor, gotta wait for the kids to be out of school to have lifeguards and the season has to end by back to school. 

On 10/22/2020 at 11:46 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Sorry this isn't more elaborate.

The blue is Columbia Road slightly rerouted to allow for more Soak City real estate. the red are locations where new slides and water attractions can be added. Obviously there would be some powerlines that would need to be dealt with in order for any expansion to truly begin.

expansion.PNG

Aaaannnnnnnnndddd let me stop you right there.

So, out of most of everyone here, I might have the most hours in that waterpark and I know it like the back of my hand. Here are just some things that you guys need to keep in mind here:

• That lower center red zone is where the electrical lines are, AKA no water park additions are probably going to be close to it due to that proximity, plus the back roads are practically the only maintence roads to the kiddie pool pump houses. 
  • Upper area is Tasmanian Typhoon Mondo Monsoon, that thing is a relic don't touch it pls
  • The upper area is honestly a part of the area I want the waterpark to grow out to. If not there, at least the large green space next to the main road. We are practically landlocked and have 0 space to move out besides taking slides and attractions out. 

The back area by Pine is honestly my best bet for a future addition. It has space, it needs to be fleshed out, it has potential. Just add a water coaster already geez. I don't think Zoom is going anywhere yet. They just added a new chain lift a few years back, however it is aging, really bad even with it being a historical slide. I still believe we need a retheme and revitalization of the waterpark. It needs some TLC and I seriously believe we need in the least a new slide complex and a watercoaster within the next 10 years max. Our waterpark can really kick it out if they put the right amount of love into it (and if they turned off the water features and made it a legit lazy river). 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Made a concept of a beach street kind of thing similar to what KD got this year in their waterpark. 

Here's what the concept includes: the colorful rectangle boxes are the food truck like food stands, the hot pink dots are tables, the big blue circle thing in the center is a splash pad, the black box in the right corner is a stage for live bands/shows, and the brown lines in front of the stage are benches to watch said shows. 

Note: I just made this concept and I forgot that their are power lines in this area, so this exact location isn't too likely, but they can do it in another location.

Here's the pic:

Kings Island beach street.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Made a concept of a beach street kind of thing similar to what KD got this year in their waterpark. 

Here's what the concept includes: the colorful rectangle boxes are the food truck like food stands, the hot pink dots are tables, the big blue circle thing in the center is a splash pad, the black box in the right corner is a stage for live bands/shows, and the brown lines in front of the stage are benches to watch said shows. 

Note: I just made this concept and I forgot that their are power lines in this area, so this exact location isn't too likely, but they can do it in another location.

Here's the pic:

Kings Island beach street.png

What about that woods area behind that open field? The could use it to add a water coaster. After riding Cheetah Chase and Wildebeest at Holiday World, I definitely think it would add some variety to the water park's collection of rides. It probably wouldn't be anything record breaking, but it would still be pretty cool:D

On 7/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

the big blue circle thing in the center is a splash pad,

I could've sworn I heard someone say that they had a theory that the park would replace the Grand Carousel with a splash pad. Does that sound familiar to you?

7 hours ago, Dj325 said:

I could've sworn I heard someone say that they had a theory that the park would replace the Grand Carousel with a splash pad. Does that sound familiar to you?

LOL! That was just a joke for one of my crew members lol. Or how about this new joke I have: replace all the lights with multi color lights and have them programmed to new "poppy" music making it "better" lol

The waterpark is is need of some major improvements. Most of which have already been mentioned but some have not. 

1. Added areas for changing and restrooms towards the back. 

2. Newer and improved slides. 

3. More seating and shade. 

4. Actually having all attractions open.(this has been an issue for years.)

A water coaster is great but to maximize space and rides.  A multislide platform is also needed with 3-4 slides similar to the old one that was replaced with the mat racer.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked about this already but all again stress it, Soak City needs a Rebrand. Most water parka pull off that tropical vibe but Soak City is just a plain water park, which was fine for what Cedar Fair was trying to accomplish as they were trying to make a simple transition from Australian themes to a basic water park. However I think that much like how they rethemed Flight Deck to The Bat, I think Soak City is due for an upgrade.

If you look at the Walt Disney World Resort they have two water parks that are very uniquely themed and are somewhat synonymous with the resort. I argue we could do something similar. Something themed to the wilderness would look really cool and be a nice transition to the main park with Rivertown; even better if Planet Snoopy became Camp Snoopy.

This is Dollywood's water park: Splash Country

DSC - 2021 - Scope Mountain Mobile Hero Attraction Search.jpgGOPR3036.jpg