Kings Island suspending payment plans

coaster sally

39 minutes ago, radishman said:

Jokes on me I paid (like an idiot) the lump sum the day I bought everything. It's an expensive lesson, no future year renewels until the season starts. You don't save that much just by doing it early anyway.

First time buyers in Aug get almost 6 months free. So the closer we get to Aug the bigger the problem will be. Everybody in theory could have just waited it out and skipped a year and got bonus months. Also any of us who paid for the platinum dining add on are not getting what they paid for either and that should be made good for the entire 2021 season now. Regardless of the park bought at. Just like Knott's is doing.

• Like 2

If they are going to give away the full year of season passes by extending Them to 2021, they might as well stay closed all year given the loss in that revenue.   

The parks haven’t been closed that long and some have an even missed an operating day.   
Seaaon passes are cheap and still time to get ones money worth even if they open in July 

A platinum pass is around 190  Including parking. It takes about five visits to get ones money worth.     Those complaining about not getting what they paid for we’re Probably getting way  more than what they paid for the past

Btw I have a fully paid for 2020 platinum pass.  I only get to use it a few times this year I’m OK with that because in the past have use my pass a. LOT. 

The sense of season pass entitlement starts showing  when people are complaining that they may only get to go 10 times instead of 20!

Knotts jumped the gun  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I took advantage of the free FLP deal, and the exchange rate and renewed my platinum pass through Canada's Wonderland last year.  Your pass becomes a pass of whatever park you renew through.  I stopped getting the King's Island pass holder emails and now receive the pass holder emails for Canada's Wonderland.  The different park apps show it as a Canada's Wonderland pass now, even through the actual card still says Kings Island.

Here's the crazy part of this whole thing.  If you go on Knott's website the passes they are selling right now including the platinum pass are being advertised as 2020-2021 passes which expire Dec 31, 2021.  This includes the platinum pass, which Cedar Fair lets you buy the platinum pass through any of their websites and process it at any of their parks.  So if you buy a Knott's pass what happens if you process it at Kings Island?

I don't think CF "processes" passes in the same meaning as SIX with a process by date to get gold benefits, free parking or whatever their incentives are at the time.  At least in the case of a renewal, you just scan in at the turnstile each year, no need to go to season pass processing. 

We are in the same boat so let me know if you find anything out, but I am not concerned.  It will work out.

47 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

We are in the same boat so let me know if you find anything out, but I am not concerned.  It will work out.

This is where I stand. Passes will most likely be extended to 2021 if it comes to that. Once again, COVID-19 is doing a lot of damage across the board. Major concerns should be elsewhere, and if this is the only worry during this crisis, this may be one of those situations where counting some blessings should be in order. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, super7 said:

If they are going to give away the full year of season passes by extending Them to 2021, they might as well stay closed all year given the loss in that revenue.   

This is really stupid.  The passes are sunk costs for the park and extending them to 2021 is the right thing to do to make customers happy. Closing all year means losing out on lots of in park revenue like shirts, food and fast lanes.

25 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

This is really stupid.  The passes are sunk costs for the park and extending them to 2021 is the right thing to do to make customers happy. Closing all year means losing out on lots of in park revenue like shirts, food and fast lanes.

There are detailed posts in the other thread going into details from a financial standpoint why they may stay closed (as well as a growing list of non-financial reasons why too).  The TL:DR version is there comes a certain date that after that point it will financially not make sense to open this year and simply make passes valid for 2021...I encourage you to go over and read that thread if you want the details...

• Like 1