Shake, Rattle, & Roll turns 45

IndyGuy4KI

Troika is still a great ride.   All Huss rides really are great flat rides.   I wish the Kings Island had more of them.   Enterprise, Magic, Flipper, Tri-Star, Jump, Breakdance, Swing Around, Rainbow, Ranger, Take Off,  etc        Huss rides typically have a fantastic lighting package. .

I preferred the previous paint scheme because each we all had different color gondolas.

However the previous light package was severely lacking.   Even with the old style lighting, every bar of the wheel should have lights on top of it it.     Look at pictures of this ride from German carnivals.   The troika at Great America also has this ful lighting package  Unless they have neglected it over the last several years.   

When they put the current LED lighting on it did it correctly.   they did put the lights on the inside of the bars but they show well when the wheels are in the air. They don’t show well when the wheels are down.   

• Like 4

I have a special place in my heart for Shake Rattle and Roll.  Not only have I enjoyed this ride since I was a kid in the mid 80s, but waiting in line for it is where I developed my appreciation for theme park history.

I remember very clearly waiting in line for this and asking my dad all kinds of questions.  You see, looking through the bars of the que, I could see these empty cylinders coming out of  the ground.  It made me curious.  It was then I learned there used to be a coaster called The Bat, and these are where the supports for the track were placed.  Not only that, but that the track was overhead instead of what i was used to seeing! My imagination ran wild with what that must have looked like. I wanted to go in the old building that was pointed out to me of where the station was.  I also remember the excitement of watching some of the construction of Vortex from the que as well.

I have been a sucker for theme park nostalgia ever since and it started while in line for this ride

• Like 5

5 hours ago, radishman said:

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the trio of flates (this, monster and scrambler) because I thought they'd be meh compared to the coasters. Just wish it didn't take so long for monster to set up. But big fan of this one.

A Schwarzkopf monster and a Huss Magic Are very similar and don’t have that issue as they load all gondolas  at the same time.    The Eyerly Monster Spends more time loading the than  giving rides LOL