Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

Feelings about Vortex's Removal

Hello, I am so sorry I haven't been on here in a long time. I have been thinking about my account now that Vortex is gone.

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody misses The Vortex? I miss it, I think a bunch of people complained about Vortex, but when they announced the demolition people were pretty angry about it. This is just a quick thread asking on your thoughts. I will post soon bye!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ Well being that the season hasn't started yet for Kings Island, it's hard for me to acknowledge that it's gone yet. I hope that doesn't sound mean, but once I walk in the park and look over that way, then it will hit me the most.

• Like 2

You don't have to ask me twice! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I'm missing Vortex a lot already. It literally defined the last ten years of my life, from my first time being flipped upside down in 2010 to my first job as a ride op from 2017-2019.

• Like 8

I think it will effect us a lot more when we go back to the park (whenever that happens) and see it gone. For many people, it was their first "big coaster" growing up and all the sounds of it were iconic in that area. 

On 4/16/2020 at 11:59 AM, Vortex_fan said:

I bought them in 1987. Never used them at all. The bumper sticker has the end curled up a little but is still not hurt really. I have buttons also from the same year for The Vortex and White Water 

On 4/15/2020 at 11:09 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Well being that the season hasn't started yet for Kings Island, it's hard for me to acknowledge that it's gone yet. I hope that doesn't sound mean, but once I walk in the park and look over that way, then it will hit me the most.

Have there been any pictures posted of the area that formerly was the home of Vortex since they took it down? Since we can't visit, I'm curious what it looks like right now.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm too old and stupid...post the links!

You aren't that old - you aren't of the targeted COVID-19 age bracket yet (cross-threading:P)

Many of the links would be drone footage and KIC policy is to not allow those links...

• Like 2