Coasterstock 2020 Cancelled

Kings Island Central is sadden, but  understands the decision the park made on cancelling Coasterstock this year.

From the park:

COASTERSTOCK 2020 UPDATE: At Kings Island, the safety and well-being of our Guests and Associates are always our top priorities. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are following local and national health directives while preparing to open our park as soon as it is safe to do so.

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our Coasterstock event scheduled for May 15-16. We are planning for the event to return in 2021. If your tickets were purchased using a credit card there is no action needed on your part. The refund will be made back to the credit card. If your card has expired or cancelled since your purchase, please complete the information available at www.visitkingsisland.com/help/contact-us.

We appreciate the continued support of our park and our Associates during this ever-evolving situation. Your loyalty is invaluable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the park soon.

We look forward to Coasterstock 2021, and will bring you details as soon as the park releases them.

20190518_171536.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Not that I was part of the event this year anyway due to it selling out in one day, but I was still planning on being there with my friends. I would have just did my own thing while they did the tours and lunch/dinner. But this is still a huge blow for 2020 and I'm still saddened by this news.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a way to get a hold of Don or park management. I think we should somehow suggest they implement some kinda "First Dibs" policy for any Coasterstock 2021. Meaning if you had a ticket for 2020 you get first dibs at 2021. Its only fair seeing as how fast it sold out this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dghorse0@gmail.com said:

Sorry to hear CS 2020 has been cancelled. Question have the shirts already been printed? If so might you consider sending them to those of us who had our experiences crushed.

Just a thought

Dave 

That would be a question for Kings Island, not KICentral which is not ran by the park.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dghorse0@gmail.com said:

Sorry to hear CS 2020 has been cancelled. Question have the shirts already been printed? If so might you consider sending them to those of us who had our experiences crushed.

Just a thought

Dave 

I would be willing to bet that they were designed but not printed yet. If that is the case then the design would most likely be changed to reflect the 2021 dates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would have been a lovely morning for donuts and coasters...sigh :(.  My daughter who will be turning 11 on Sunday (Coasterstock is her BDay tradition), has taken to making a virtual Coasterstock in Roblox Theme Park Tycoon.  Unfortunately, I'm feeling a little bit like the virtual world can shove it today.

• Like 2