Indiana Beach Holdings, LLC - New Owner of IB

Indiana Beach fan's prayers are answered.

Gene Staples, president of Indiana Beach Holdings, LLC, announced today that he is the new owner of the ninety-four year old iconic amusement park called Indiana Beach.

“Once again it will become a family run midwestern amusement park,” Staples stated about Indiana Beach. Depending on the current pandemic status, Staples plans to open the park hopefully in July.

Existing accommodations and season passes will be honored.

More of the story here: https://www.facebook.com/NewsandReview/posts/3761304400578554

I can not wait to load into Cornball Express!

20160612_132739.jpg

• Like 7

I live really close to Indiana Beach, but have only been there a few times, sadly. This year we bought 4 season passes for the first time ever, only to be massively disappointed with all the news of park closure. Finally, some great news! On the back of this whole Covid-19 thing I hope local entities like Indiana Beach get tons of visitors. We can't wait to get to Kings Island, but after staying home endlessly, I think some people might find you don't have to travel hours from home to find a really good time. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I live really close to Indiana Beach, but have only been there a few times, sadly. This year we bought 4 season passes for the first time ever, only to be massively disappointed with all the news of park closure. Finally, some great news! On the back of this whole Covid-19 thing I hope local entities like Indiana Beach get tons of visitors. We can't wait to get to Kings Island, but after staying home endlessly, I think some people might find you don't have to travel hours from home to find a really good time. 

Especially so if KI only allows Ohio residents:P

In all seriousness though, it will be interesting to see which entertainment venues are able to open and stay open. not because of the virus threat, but because spending habits will change.  I think many people have used this time to re-evaluate what they have been spending their money on.  I know I have and I know my spending habits will be different once "normal" happens.  I think I can wait for a movie to hit some streaming service as an example.  Some may have realized they really don't watch much TV, even during this stay-home order, and cut the cord.  Of course some people will pickup right where they left off, but I do think many will have a change in fun.

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Especially so if KI only allows Ohio residents:P

In all seriousness though, it will be interesting to see which entertainment venues are able to open and stay open. not because of the virus threat, but because spending habits will change.  I think many people have used this time to re-evaluate what they have been spending their money on.  I know I have and I know my spending habits will be different once "normal" happens.  I think I can wait for a movie to hit some streaming service as an example.  Some may have realized they really don't watch much TV, even during this stay-home order, and cut the cord.  Of course some people will pickup right where they left off, but I do think many will have a change in fun.

I can only speak to my situation, which is we are barely spending compared to usual except for what we have to. At the same time we cannot wait for things to return to normal. And when things do return to normal, we are living it up. I completely understand it might take awhile for everyone else to "live it up". But...I think a lot of folks will be, too!

1 minute ago, bjcolglazier said:

I can only speak to my situation, which is we are barely spending compared to usual except for what we have to. At the same time we cannot wait for things to return to normal. And when things do return to normal, we are living it up. I completely understand it might take awhile for everyone else to "live it up". But...I think a lot of folks will be, too!

The question is will you "live it up" in defiance of State Orders or in accordance with State Orders :P (cross-threading LOL).

It is clear many on this forum plan to "live it up" ASAP LOL, but there are a lot that will permanently change what they spend money on too..age demographics probably comes into play as well..

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

The question is will you "live it up" in defiance of State Orders or in accordance with State Orders :P (cross-threading LOL).

It is clear many on this forum plan to "live it up" ASAP LOL, but there are a lot that will permanently change what they spend money on too..age demographics probably comes into play as well..

I will live it up at whichever park as soon as the park opens. It's true I also think under-50's need to get immunity asap. Over-50's stay home. For now.

58 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I can't wait to get out more and get back to normal but we will probably ease into it more. The big thing for me is I ant to try to build up a little extra for an emergency fund just in case we get a second wave in winter like is speculated. Want to be ready financially so don't want to go crazy spending money right away.

I am greatly looking forward to IB reopening though. I really hope this new company can get the park more reliable on operations though. I haven't been to the park in a very long time and one of the big reasons was the spotty operations Id always read about on trip reports. Was afraid to make the long drive up there and spend the money to go then have half the rides I want to go on be closed. Always just talked myself into KI saying it was closer and had a lot more for the same cost, but really wanting to go back and experience the park and atmosphere again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, purdude86 said:

I can't wait to get out more and get back to normal but we will probably ease into it more. The big thing for me is I ant to try to build up a little extra for an emergency fund just in case we get a second wave in winter like is speculated. Want to be ready financially so don't want to go crazy spending money right away.

I am greatly looking forward to IB reopening though. I really hope this new company can get the park more reliable on operations though. I haven't been to the park in a very long time and one of the big reasons was the spotty operations Id always read about on trip reports. Was afraid to make the long drive up there and spend the money to go then have half the rides I want to go on be closed. Always just talked myself into KI saying it was closer and had a lot more for the same cost, but really wanting to go back and experience the park and atmosphere again.

In 2018, I wanted the Lost Coaster credit, there was no one in the station, so I went over to a neighboring ride and asked if it was running today, the operator said that it required four people to ride because it would valley if it didn't, keep in mind this was a Monday where school was starting in August, it was completely dead, I was already marathoning Cornball with no one in my train, so I convinced the only four people I can find on a dead midway to ride Lost Coaster with me, and that is how I got the credit. I have an unuploaded YouTube video of the park on this day, might upload it in the future. Besides that point, I'm very happy the park is in the hands of a family and not a corporation, when that news article came out and said that they were painting and doing improvements like that I got so excited because in 2018 it really felt like it was going to close any day, parts of the park just felt abandoned.  

• Like 2

I can attest to the fact that Lost Coaster will valley with less than four people.  They sent my car with just three people.  We got halfway thru the course and came to a dead stop.  After what seemed like 10 or 15 minutes, maintenance walked up, re-set the ride, and we finished the course.  Definitely the strangest coaster experience I've ever had.

• Like 1

This is the best news that I could have hoped for assuming everything gies smoothly with the transition.

I have advice for any of you who have never been to IB. 

Go to the park when are able to do so.   You do not know how long the it will be around. Financially troubled parks often don't always come back. 

There are two experiences for me where a park closed on me too soon. In one case I got to the park one last time in another case I didn't ever get to go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...