Kings Island Coloring Book

amapan

I hadn’t checked out the official Kings Island blog in a couple weeks so I thought I’d catch up. They have a downloadable coloring book. This image has me deeply confounded. I can’t tell if it is unintentional irony or a marketing department with an extremely dark and dry, but kind of brilliant sense of humor. 
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/april/download-the-kings-island-coloring-book

Would the admins approve some sort of coloring contest? Would anyone else want to participate? I think the coloring book is really cool overall and appreciate the free activity from the park. 

E249942D-F1E9-4758-B6A3-761A51EDDAB2.jpeg

• Like 2

I haven’t used my iPad for graphic programs in a while, figured I’d try to get reacquainted with Procreate. Couldn’t close the gaps in  Woodstock’s head well enough to get a decent fill.  But I had fun.

5FBD5832-2CAB-4A6B-B5A0-786A0C7716CD.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Is Photoshop considered cheating? :lol:

As the coloring book was distributed digitally, I think digital coloring or traditional coloring would both be fair game in a theoretical contest.  It could even be two separate contests.  One for digital coloring and the other for traditional.  As for cheating, It’s not a contest yet so no rules have been established.  I was just trying out some graphics programs I haven’t touched in a while, and Procreate is about the best and most complex digital art application for iOS. At least out of all the ones I have tried. Where’s your coloring page? Lol

• Like 1

Thank you, amapan! I used clip studio paint on my ipad with my apple pencil :D It's a great program, I like it a lot better than procreate honestly. (Seeing as how it's also what I use on my PC lmao! I've very familiar with the program.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amapan said:

I’m going to check this program out.  Thanks for the advice. And apple pencil is amazing. 

No problem, hope you like the app! :D  And isn't it? I love mine so much. <3

I'm also very excited to see if anyone else will color too! This seems like a fun community project to do :D

@King Ding Dong  Could the name possibly be derived from the intention of the program’s use by creative professionals?

@Rivertown Rider  If you have a photograph of your drink stand, you can use Adobe Capture to convert a photograph to a line drawing. I am assuming that is how the park pictures in the coloring book were created.

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That would be me! :)

Thank you so much, aaaaaa!!! I'm glad you liked my coloring enough to post it, that really means a lot to me ;w; <3

/a thousand hugs are suddenly sent you way! 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

Zexeos, I just noticed that you are from my hometown!!  I graduated from BNL in 1991.....  Small world.....

Or really? Small world indeed! I was the class of 2015 :D I live i Bloomington now, but Bedford will always be home! (Guess I should update my location, huh?)

• Like 2