Coney Island Responds to Covid

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HarvestmanMan said:

What a disaster this season would have been if they had kept the rides.  

I guess time will tell if DeWine allows water parks to open (supposedly an announcement tomorrow).  If he doesn't allow the Water Parks to open, but allows amusement parks, then Coney really gets screwed for not keeping the rides one more year...

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What is the exact distinction between the two?   If a pool has a slide is it a waterpark?  If not, why? 

If the local municipality is getting the paid admission---open. If a private entity---closed. Being a tad facetious here, but we all know those good local pools with kiddie play areas and a slide or two are probably getting the nod to open.

I have a problem with that.  My “City Pool” is on the grounds of the HS but is run and managed by some sort of Club, not the City.  You have to buy shares or something like that to even purchase a membership.  Legal hocus pocus is what it is. Nothing happens at a waterpark that doesn’t happen at a community pool.  Kids are still standing in line for the slide or diving board. Both are crowded on hot days and both have lounge chairs. 

I am not even making a judgement if they should open or not. I just don’t see a functional difference other than capacity.  If that is the issue then it should be determined that way.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I am not even making a judgement if they should open or not. I just don’t see a functional difference other than capacity.  If that is the issue then it should be determined that way.  

Every state and even cities are different right now. Our mayor in West Lafayette, IN had the tennis courts locked up until today. And tennis is a thing here. Finally unlocked them this morning. You can't even play tennis without social distancing at least 20-80 feet apart---you literally can't play the game without distancing. At a certain point you just have to let people adult, do the best they can, and move on. At the beginning of this the goal was not to overwhelm the hospitals, understanding the virus is going to spread. In the midwest that goal has been achieved thus far---by a country mile. What are we doing?

Doubles tennis is the issue and that is just an oversight If it included supervised courts just like the seed issue everyone had their panties in a bunch about of hasty rule making in an emergency. In the case of tennis it is not that different than playgrounds in that there is little to no monitoring and has been proven people don’t follow the rules without monitoring and enforcement. So they just made a blanket rule and chained them up.  

Name one state that has met the guidelines put forth by this administration to reopen?