Could Infinity Flyers replace current Millennium Flyers?

SonofBaconator

6 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Racer is one of the two rollercoasters (Invertigo is the other) that I refuse to ride at the park. Retracking and maybe replacing the trains would go a long way to making me want to ride it again.

They did a lot of work on the blue side and last season it ran better than it had in years in my opinion. One day I rode both sides to get a good comparrison and you could really feel the difference. I think the red side got work done as well this paat offseason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Racer is one of the two rollercoasters (Invertigo is the other) that I refuse to ride at the park. Retracking and maybe replacing the trains would go a long way to making me want to ride it again.

So, the last few years, a couple of parks have touted their "re-tracking" of Vekoma and Arrow coasters, but what exactly does that mean if anything at all? I'm very familiar with how wooden coasters have been re-tracked, but not exactly sure how say a coaster like "Blue Hawk" at SFOG can really be "re-tracked?

^ It depends on the specific instance, I think? In the case of The Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers, new track was made to replace the old track for almost the entire course. The new track was made to tighter tolerances/was more carefully made so that the ride would be smoother. I *think* new trains might have been involved, too?

I could be wrong since the details escape me at the moment, but Blue Hawk might have had specific sections of track replaced in the same way. I know it used to run Arrow trains to replace the original Vekoma trains, but I'm not sure if the Arrow trains were replaced with the change to Blue Hawk.

It's basically the same idea as retracking a wooden coaster, but more intensive since entire track segment(s) are being replaced.

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

So, the last few years, a couple of parks have touted their "re-tracking" of Vekoma and Arrow coasters, but what exactly does that mean if anything at all? I'm very familiar with how wooden coasters have been re-tracked, but not exactly sure how say a coaster like "Blue Hawk" at SFOG can really be "re-tracked?

12 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ It depends on the specific instance, I think? In the case of The Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers, new track was made to replace the old track for almost the entire course. The new track was made to tighter tolerances/was more carefully made so that the ride would be smoother. I *think* new trains might have been involved, too?

I could be wrong since the details escape me at the moment, but Blue Hawk might have had specific sections of track replaced in the same way. I know it used to run Arrow trains to replace the original Vekoma trains, but I'm not sure if the Arrow trains were replaced with the change to Blue Hawk.

It's basically the same idea as retracking a wooden coaster, but more intensive since entire track segment(s) are being replaced.

I think he was referring to Racer being retracked

20 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Invertigo is very smooth

I think The Racer is fine the way it. I have never had a problem with the roughness of the ride. Not ever coaster needs to be Uber smooth. A general clean up and paint job would do the entire park wonders. Hopefully with the loss of 2020 season or most of one we can start to see improvements like this. 

On 5/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, KIguy2004 said:

Vortex gave me headbanging. But I still enjoyed the coaster.

I'm tall enough that the restraints on Vortex hit me in the neck, but the coaster was still enjoyable. Invertigo I rode once for the credit. The restraints are incredibly uncomfortable for me and the cobra roll really beat me up. Definitely my least favorite coaster in the park

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 11:54 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Do you think we'd see these type of trains on Mystic Timbers in the future to update the ride as it ages? Also do you think we'll ever see KI opt for these type of trains for their other wooden coasters like Racer and The Beast?

infinity flyers.jpeg

credit: https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34012-iaapa-2018/

They should put this type of train on The Beast.