Possible July opening for Kings Island?

Kodistict

Just now, Phantom Theater said:

That is Orion with Flight of Fear's building and Banshee behind it.

Thank you.  I was hoping they ddnt paint Diamondack the talllest fastest meanest coaster to ever strike Kings Iland a different colors.  I can see that its the Orion now.  it just looked like a scrunched up Diamondback. lol

3 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

maybe sooner than July...

Ohio HB665 submitted to Dewine with bipartisan support to all for immediate reopening of amusements parks, zoos, and waterparks.  He could veto it.... but i doubt he will.

I think DeWine will veto this bill if it reaches his desk.

He has said time and time again he will veto any bill that tries to take declaring a health emergency out of the Governor's hands.  He believes there is over 100 years of court precedence and law favoring that action. 

As he pointed out when the House was trying to limit Dr. Actons abilities, he mentioned that by virtue that bill also would give any Ohioan the legal right, or standing, to sue over an order without having to prove they’ve been irreparably harmed. DeWine said that could put courts in control over orders and he said it could also work the other way – that people could sue over orders to reopen if they don’t like them and want places to remain closed.  Then you have the courts hearing two cases - one arguing to open and another arguing not to re-open.  Nobody wins in that situation (except the lawyers)...

I doubt he would sign this bill as it would then potentially mean that IF we get a second spike and he declares another Health Order, that this bill would essentially take precedence over that order.  As an attorney he will be very cautious about allowing a bill get passed that would set a precedence with unintended consequences...

Keep in mind though, that if for some reason he were to sign the bill, per Ohio Law the bill would go into effect in 90 days...wouldn't you rather him wait a week or two and announce they can open July 1st...than wait 90 days after that bill is signed (this bill did add a provision to waive that 90-day requirement)?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I think DeWine will veto this bill if it reaches his desk.

He has said time and time again he will veto any bill that tries to take declaring a health emergency out of the Governor's hands.  He believes there is over 100 years of court precedence and law favoring that action. 

As he pointed out when the House was trying to limit Dr. Actons abilities, he mentioned that by virtue that bill also would give any Ohioan the legal right, or standing, to sue over an order without having to prove they’ve been irreparably harmed. DeWine said that could put courts in control over orders and he said it could also work the other way – that people could sue over orders to reopen if they don’t like them and want places to remain closed.  Then you have the courts hearing two cases - one arguing to open and another arguing not to re-open.  Nobody wins in that situation (except the lawyers)...

I doubt he would sign this bill as it would then potentially mean that IF we get a second spike and he declares another Health Order, that this bill would essentially take precedence over that order.  As an attorney he will be very cautious about allowing a bill get passed that would set a precedence with unintended consequences...

Keep in mind though, that if for some reason he were to sign the bill, per Ohio Law the bill would go into effect in 90 days...wouldn't you rather him wait a week or two and announce they can open July 1st...than wait 90 days after that bill is signed (this bill did add a provision to waive that 90-day requirement)?

he better not veto it.