Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now that IB has a new owner and things are happening around the park I figured we can have a 2020 IB thread to show the updates they are doing. Post your updates here!

Midwest Coaster fans posted photos of Hoosier Hurricane being retracked right now. It looks like GCI is doing it right.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Who’s retracking it?

GCI- says so in both IndyGuy4KI's post and the linked Facebook post. Based on their work on Legend, and how smooth Mystic Timbers is, I would imagine Hoosier Hurricane is going to run way better when it reopens than it did previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad this park didn't go, I haven't gone there and it seems like a really nice park that I would love to go to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to hear some good reactions for the park when they reopen. Haven't been in years and want to go back but was always hesitant because of all the operations issues, was afraid to go and pay all the money and have half or more of what i wanted to ride not operate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

GCI- says so in both IndyGuy4KI's post and the linked Facebook post. Based on their work on Legend, and how smooth Mystic Timbers is, I would imagine Hoosier Hurricane is going to run way better when it reopens than it did previously.

Oh I didn’t see that :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Oh I didn’t see that :lol:

I was going off of what Midwest Coasters said. I personally don't know for certain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cabins being moved from a parking lot location to the campgrounds.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flying Bob's will be returning to IB.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder where they got this ride from.  The colors shown in the picture almost make it look like it could be the Flying Bobs that used to reside at Coney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Is there anybody from this site going to the re opening VIP event on Friday?

Yes, myself, @acole5292, and @malem will be at the VIP event. Will you be there?

My wife @electricsun and I will be there opening day as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great!  Yes I will be attending as well.  Have not been to this park in several years and was thrilled to hear it had been purchased and would continue on.  Definitely looking forward to it!  I will be rocking the KIC shirt so if you see me definitely feel free to say hello.  Would be fun to meet you all in person  :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

That is great!  Yes I will be attending as well.  Have not been to this park in several years and was thrilled to hear it had been purchased and would continue on.  Definitely looking forward to it!  I will be rocking the KIC shirt so if you see me definitely feel free to say hello.  Would be fun to meet you all in person  :) 

Feel free to shoot Malem or I am PM then and we can at least take a few cycles on Cornball!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think this has been brought up yet, but for who that has been in the past. They are bringing back the Flying Bobs this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a season pass. I plan on going late Friday night July 3rd, all day Sat the 4th and July 7th on my way back from 2 days at Mount Olympus. July 8 at Kentucky Kingdom. July 9-11 at Dollywood and July 12 at Kings Island.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flying Bobs that Indiana Beach is bringing back are actually the Flying Bobs that used to operate at Coney Island.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

The Flying Bobs that Indiana Beach is bringing back are actually the Flying Bobs that used to operate at Coney Island.

Interesting. I wondered if it was that set, or they found the originals in storage somewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the double post.

Announced this evening: Rooftop Lounge has been renovated and renamed Skybar.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Is there anybody from this site going to the re opening VIP event on Friday?

My  wife and I will be there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, Rifleman said:

My  wife and I will be there.


Nice!  I will have on my KIC T-shirt so if you see me, feel free to say hello!  I am going to try to get there by 10 for the opening ceremony 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 12:36 PM, SnakePlissken said:

I bought a season pass. I plan on going late Friday night July 3rd, all day Sat the 4th and July 7th on my way back from 2 days at Mount Olympus. July 8 at Kentucky Kingdom. July 9-11 at Dollywood and July 12 at Kings Island.

Sounds like an awesome start to July!  We made a trip up to Mt Olympus the weekend of June 8th.  Had a great time there, hope you do as well and at all the parks you are visiting

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:


Nice!  I will have on my KIC T-shirt so if you see me, feel free to say hello!  I am going to try to get there by 10 for the opening ceremony 

 

Will do! We are planning on arriving around noon or so, I will likely be in either a Beast T-shirt or a Twister (knobels) t-shirt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...