Indiana Beach 2020

Now that IB has a new owner and things are happening around the park I figured we can have a 2020 IB thread to show the updates they are doing. Post your updates here!

Midwest Coaster fans posted photos of Hoosier Hurricane being retracked right now. It looks like GCI is doing it right.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Who’s retracking it?

GCI- says so in both IndyGuy4KI's post and the linked Facebook post. Based on their work on Legend, and how smooth Mystic Timbers is, I would imagine Hoosier Hurricane is going to run way better when it reopens than it did previously.

Hope to hear some good reactions for the park when they reopen. Haven't been in years and want to go back but was always hesitant because of all the operations issues, was afraid to go and pay all the money and have half or more of what i wanted to ride not operate.

• 2 weeks later...

That is great!  Yes I will be attending as well.  Have not been to this park in several years and was thrilled to hear it had been purchased and would continue on.  Definitely looking forward to it!  I will be rocking the KIC shirt so if you see me definitely feel free to say hello.  Would be fun to meet you all in person  :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

That is great!  Yes I will be attending as well.  Have not been to this park in several years and was thrilled to hear it had been purchased and would continue on.  Definitely looking forward to it!  I will be rocking the KIC shirt so if you see me definitely feel free to say hello.  Would be fun to meet you all in person  :) 

Feel free to shoot Malem or I am PM then and we can at least take a few cycles on Cornball!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

The Flying Bobs that Indiana Beach is bringing back are actually the Flying Bobs that used to operate at Coney Island.

Interesting. I wondered if it was that set, or they found the originals in storage somewhere.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:36 PM, SnakePlissken said:

I bought a season pass. I plan on going late Friday night July 3rd, all day Sat the 4th and July 7th on my way back from 2 days at Mount Olympus. July 8 at Kentucky Kingdom. July 9-11 at Dollywood and July 12 at Kings Island.

Sounds like an awesome start to July!  We made a trip up to Mt Olympus the weekend of June 8th.  Had a great time there, hope you do as well and at all the parks you are visiting

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Nice!  I will have on my KIC T-shirt so if you see me, feel free to say hello!  I am going to try to get there by 10 for the opening ceremony 

Will do! We are planning on arriving around noon or so, I will likely be in either a Beast T-shirt or a Twister (knobels) t-shirt.

• Like 1