Indiana Beach 2020

56 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

@IndyGuy4KI and @malem

Sorry I wasn't able to link up with you guys there!  I tried to get on KICentral in the afternoon, but my phone had 1 bar and I wasn't able to load the page.  Hope you had a great time, I know I did.  Trip Report link attached if you are interested in that at all :)

That was an awesome YouTube video and overview of your day. Thanks for sharing! We will have to connect at Kings Island at some point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That was an awesome YouTube video and overview of your day. Thanks for sharing! We will have to connect at Kings Island at some point.

I'm glad you liked the video, thank you for watching!  Will look forward to meeting you at the park one of these days 

• Like 1

I like Indiana Beach, I was very happy hearing that it had been purchased, and I love seeing it reopen.  So far the work being done by the new owner looks great, and I look forward to seeing what happens in the future.

But I cannot support the park right now.  We are in the middle of a world wide pandemic.  I do not feel that potentially spreading a deadly disease is worth visiting an amusement park operating in this way right now.  Seeing large numbers of people without masks, crowding together, even outdoors, disturbs me.  The park might have a handful of signs, but its obvious the management does not care about the health of their guests or employees.  Its not just not requiring masks, there is not even a small amount of effort to introduce any social distancing, they are filling any rows including the entire train on rides, the picnic tables where guests are eating are too close together, the line with people standing right next to each other is right next to the tables, etc.

When the park was purchased I had decided I would visit the park, possibly more than once, this year, and in a show of my support purchase an annual pass, even if it did only get one use.  At this point in time I cannot do any of these things, and instead will be actively avoiding the park.  I wish it the best in the future but until this situation is over, I will spend my time and money at other parks.  If I get sick, it happens, but I do not have to go out of my way to try.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...