Kings Island 1993 Media Kit

PKI2006

My dad used to work at a radio station in Indianapolis, and he always received media kits from Kings Island and other parks. For some reason, I've held on to the 1993 media kit for all of these years, possibly because it was the first year of Paramount's ownership. I scanned all of it, and thought I would share.

I've also attached the 1994 season pass renewal direct mail, which was also tucked away in the media kit folder.

The next time I'm visiting with my parents, I will look up all of our old maps as well. We have them dating back to the late '80s and early '90s, back when they were brochures. We also have some souvenir maps dating back to 1972.

Enjoy!

Kings Island 1993 Media Kit.pdf Kings Island 1994 Season Pass Presale.pdf

• Like 5

Thank you!!

These are really cool to read and there's a lot of interesting little nuggets scattered in them. Something I really liked was looking at the park map they included... it looks like they just copied over the CAD they use for architectural/engineering design, which means it includes a lot of interesting details. A few highlights from it:

• The old nature trail in Rivertown, which I believe was closed years before 1993
  • The house inside the fort, including its driveway crossing over the railroad track
  • No Skylab - it was gone for the 1992 season, but I believe it did ultimately return in 1993

Thanks again for taking the time to scan and share all of this, it's very cool.

• Like 1

You're welcome! The map that was included is how I remember all of the park's maps being up until around 2000 when they switched from brochures to the six-fold maps. Like I said, somewhere at my parents' house is treasure trove of those old map brochures.

When I interviewed for my job at Guest Services, one of the questions was why do you want to work in Guest Services specifically. I told them that I'd been coming to the park for 30 years and have such a love for it, I wanted to share my knowledge and love with the guests. I also wanted to work there because it was in the A/C and I thought I'd have more of a chance to interface with Don, as I was really wanting to get into the media department.

Also, here's another little treasure I have hanging in my basement. I can't believe it's been 18 years. I remember the day I got this poster so vividly. It was pouring down rain and my dad and I were sitting under an umbrella between what was then the glass blower shop and the soft serve pretzel stand. 

Screenshot_20200606-191425.png

• Like 3