Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

This makes me so happy that they are having a special time period opening for just season pass holders.  I am sure this will entice many people to buy a pass this year especially since it will be good next season too!  I tried to login into the app to be prepared in anticipation for the reservation system but when I said forgot password it says internal system error.  I hope this gets fixed soon so I don’t have any issues once they do open it up to make reservations.

• Like 3

I havent been able to login to the app for over a year now... If I try to log in or sign up I just get the loading circle and that's as far as it's gone... I had it up for 30 min earlier this year to see if it would eventually load... It never did

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Love the sign! Even in the midst of COVID-19, the park still spends time and money to enhance the park! I am a sucker for small improvements like this.

I love all of the TLC Coney Mall has been getting recently. Ever since Coney BBQ in 2018, Coney Mall has consistently gotten more attention than any other area of the park. And it will probably continue to get more attention with the removal of Vortex.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Looks like they played off the old Cuddle Up logo.

I think that's just a coincidence. As noted above, the new sign is the same design as Cedar Point's sign, and Cedar Point's sign was added back in 2004. Cedar Point's sign was definitely going for a 1950s/1960s retro look though, which Cuddle Up's sign un-ironically achieved when it (the sign, not the ride) was added in the 1960s.

• Like 4

So, is it possible to actually place a reservation yet? Just bought my passes and we're trying to get things set up for an opening day visit. I don't see where to reserve on the App anywhere... Any help or information would be appreciated. <3

On 6/9/2020 at 10:59 AM, thatbandguy8807 said:

I havent been able to login to the app for over a year now... If I try to log in or sign up I just get the loading circle and that's as far as it's gone... I had it up for 30 min earlier this year to see if it would eventually load... It never did

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Try going to one of the other cedar park websites and login. I had issues at the beginning of the year, reset my password through CP website, and it let me sign in to KI site after that. Weird but guess they're tied together 

13 minutes ago, Zexeos said:

So, is it possible to actually place a reservation yet? Just bought my passes and we're trying to get things set up for an opening day visit. I don't see where to reserve on the App anywhere... Any help or information would be appreciated. <3

No.  Kings Island / Cedar Fair have given no official date as to when reservations can be made.

1 minute ago, chad_1138 said:

No.  Kings Island / Cedar Fair have given no official date as to when reservations can be made.

Thanks so much for the info, I'll keep checking every day then for when the open the reservations! 

2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I love this. Did they paint the building as well?  I love the sprucing up. 

From the blog post you quoted:

In addition to the new sign, the exterior of the Dodgem has received a fresh coat of paint.

I love the new look of the attraction. It'll really add some color to Coney Mall.

• Like 3

image.jpeg
Did Kings Island replace the American flags? Maybe they changed them to Kings Island flags to honor Tom Dillingham which I think is a great way to honor such an important figure, but I wonder if they are going to keep these flags.

Credit: Don Helbig

On 6/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, TombraiderTy said:

I think that's just a coincidence. As noted above, the new sign is the same design as Cedar Point's sign, and Cedar Point's sign was added back in 2004. Cedar Point's sign was definitely going for a 1950s/1960s retro look though, which Cuddle Up's sign un-ironically achieved when it (the sign, not the ride) was added in the 1960s.

The original signs at KI were like that as well.81DF187F-8812-4359-A853-BEA600AC80E9.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The original signs at KI were like that as well.

Yes, because those signs were directly transposed from Cincinnati's Coney Island. My statement that the new  sign is the same as the one that Cedar Point installed 16 years ago, and that any relation to Cuddle Up's sign is likely a coincidence, still stands.

• Like 2