Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

25 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

Looks like a two train operation is in order for opening day as there is no indication of a third testing, unless it's in the storage shed and we just can't see it.

That is strange. I wonder where the third train is.

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Providing there isn't another lockdown does anyone thing there could be an extended season or shortened off season? I could see the park reopening in mid March.  There are some good weather days then. 

How about LentenFest?  They could have a fish fry on Friday nights and have everyone do 12 “stations” on Saturday.  

42 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I don't see an advantage to 3 trains when it's going to take so long to sanitize each train between cycles (I assume). With 3 trains it would be Diamondstack full time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hopefully the third train is still around, so it can make a comeback next season.

1 hour ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I don't see an advantage to 3 trains when it's going to take so long to sanitize each train between cycles (I assume). With 3 trains it would be Diamondstack full time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Some parks are sanitizing every hour so they could still do 3 trains and not be Diamondstack.

• Haha 1

I don’t get why Behemoth at Canada’s Wonderland is running three trains while Diamondback is not. Something tells me the reason is not because of sanitization. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t Diamondback have a lot of problems with the trains last year? Maybe one is on extended leave as it gets its necessary repairs. I really hope this is only temporary because Diamondback would lose significant capacity with only two trains going forward. I also have a feeling Diamondback is not the only coaster losing its third train this year.

10 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@FUN&ONLY! Do you have any solid info that CW is going to open this season?  Toronto isn't wasn't doing great last week and the Canadians tend to be more conservative in their approach to these kinds of things.

I don’t have any proof that Canada’s Wonderland is going to open, but there has been video of Behemoth, Yukon Striker, and Leviathan testing in which all three rides are running all three trains. Also, employees had to report back to work at Canada’s Wonderland recently. It seems like Canada’s Wonderland is trying to open really soon, but I don’t know if the park knows when exactly it can open. I would link some videos, but I am unaware of Canada’s Wonderland’s drone policy, and the footage I have seen from Amusement Insiders was recorded with drones.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Only if they provide beer in the package. Catholics love their beer and festivals   

True that-But a big part is supporting the actual parishes communities...many would feel like KI is ripping off spiritual practice for their own gains.

22 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Some parks are sanitizing every hour so they could still do 3 trains and not be Diamondstack.

I have heard this floating around.  The only people that really benefit from this sanitization are the people who ride immediately after cleaning has been completed.  Because the next person who boards that seat after this rider could be exposed if the previous rider was shedding, and the virus lives on the surfaces and makes it to an orifice.

Same thing with cleaning handrails in queue lines.

11 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I have heard this floating around.  The only people that really benefit from this sanitization are the people who ride immediately after cleaning has been completed.  Because the next person who boards that seat after this rider could be exposed if the previous rider was shedding, and the virus lives on the surfaces and makes it to an orifice.

Same thing with cleaning handrails in queue lines.

Agreed. If you're not doing this after every single ride, it's completely pointless.

7 minutes ago, chibul said:

Agreed. If you're not doing this after every single ride, it's completely pointless.

What strange world is this that we agree again?  ;)  I think a far more effective strategy would be to use the "fogger" machine (for lack of a better word) and send the train on a dry run.  But that severely limits capacity.  

• Like 1

Considering the sanitizers and sprays are anti bacterial not anti viral so it's more for show.  Masks are the real line of defense and protection keeping your shed with you etc. And the distancing. But it doesn't  have legs it's not going to magically jump from a railing or seat or you butt where you sat to your nose unless you are lax on hand washing and mindlessly touching stuff then your nose etc.  And if you're wearing a mask again  you have a first barrier.  

let's hope we don't create even more super bacteria resistant strains from all this extra sanitizing.  

doing a fresh wipe every hour is reasonable and the stuff actually works longer than one cycle. Most cleaners stay on a surface continuing to kill germs etc for a period after you've sprayed and wiped etc. it's why many warn to wipe down places you might prep food with soap and water after using disinfectant cleaners. Most leave a film barrier that works long after the products been used.  

Neither kill covid 19 completely though. And the generic stuff they are getting their hands on is not Lysol and Purcell FYI 

Dollywood has germ x it was only 63.2 alcohol and specifically said anti bacterial, the spray they used was in generic bottles with a tiny label probably similar to the spray we have are generic also low percentage because that's all they can get in bulk. Lysol and Purell are hard to get off you're not a hospital or health care. That's where it's going priority.  

1 hour ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Neither kill covid 19 completely though. And the generic stuff they are getting their hands on is not Lysol and Purcell FYI 

Dollywood has germ x it was only 63.2 alcohol and specifically said anti bacterial, the spray they used was in generic bottles with a tiny label probably similar to the spray we have are generic also low percentage because that's all they can get in bulk. Lysol and Purell are hard to get off you're not a hospital or health care. That's where it's going priority.  

Is there anything that kills it 100%?  The concept of viral load is important here.

63.2% > 60% so meets the the test, what difference does the marketing label make?

So you have evidence Dollywood is using ineffective sprays?  Or is that just your guess?  Is that based off anything more than just a “tiny label”? 

That is a strong charge to make against Dollywood with scant evidence.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Is there anything that kills it 100%?  The concept of viral load is important here.

63.2% > 60% so meets the the test, what difference does the marketing label make?

So you have evidence Dollywood is using ineffective sprays?  Or is that just your guess?  Is that based off anything more than just a “tiny label”? 

That is a strong charge to make against Dollywood with scant evidence.  

So you're implying then Lysol also does no good? What's your deal man. No I said Dollywood is not using Lysol or purell as you posted in pictures.  Nobody is, my work is using generic stuff who really knows how effective it is because it's whatever they can find in bulk. But it's not Lysol or even close to that strength or formula. It literally is a generic sanitizer.  
I'm not claiming anything other then what I saw them using cause I was there and read the bottles. They literally had dollar store spray bottles filled with some kind of clear solution with a less than 70%alcohol solution. 
sure something is better than nothing. But you do you man. Lysol claims to kill common cold coronavirus' not covid 19 which is a mutated strand. 

image.jpg
Listed sars strand of coronavirus. 

but congrats for the attack. Hope that makes you feel better. Peace man.

I am not attacking you.  I am adding context to misinformation.  Nothing kills 100%, that doesn’t mean it isn’t effective.  You are the one that said whatever they are using is more for show.   That is a serious allegation.  

The Novel Coronavirus is not listed on the can because it wasn’t a thing when the can was manufactured.  Try using some more up to date information.

https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/understanding-coronavirus/

What makes a product effective or not is the formulation.  Just because it is generic or packaged for commercial use does make it ineffective.   Again what evidence do you have?

• Like 3