Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

8 minutes ago, chibul said:

One active reservation at a time is...not quite a dealbreaker for us, but it certainly isn't ideal.

Yeah we're already there for First Rider, so it's more a matter of do we go the 2nd with short hours and head somewhere else for 4th, or eat the extra hotel cost and hope for a 4th reservation.

• Like 1

Just now, PatchesC said:

Yeah we're already there for First Rider, so it's more a matter of do we go the 2nd with short hours and head somewhere else for 4th, or eat the extra hotel cost and hope for a 4th reservation.

Smh, I live less than an hour away. Personally I would go the 2nd so you chill with me and all the other enthusiasts 

2 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Plus there's always the possibility that not as many pass holders will reserve as they think, thus causing them to open up for more than one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lunarus said:

Smh, I live less than an hour away. Personally I would go the 2nd so you chill with me and all the other enthusiasts 

We're 2hrs away, had to burn vacation days at work either way because they mandated everyone 7 days after we came back from covid shutdown in May. 

1 minute ago, IceePirate said:

Interesting that you can only use 1 reservation during the first week and a half of preview. I wonder if the park is going to be absolutely dead on the 10th because everyone used their 1 reservation already

I know, so do I wait to go one of the last days? And if I do, they open up for people to go twice.. Hard decision 

Yeah i wonder on that, too. The language is contradictory in that you can only have 1 active reservation at a time but does that mean everyone who rushes to reserve opening day or the 4th then can't reserve again after that day has passed until the 12th? If there are open spots by the time we get to the 5th, why not? 

1 minute ago, JimParker85 said:

Yeah i wonder on that, too. The language is contradictory in that you can only have 1 active reservation at a time but does that mean everyone who rushes to reserve opening day or the 4th then can't reserve again after that day has passed until the 12th? If there are open spots by the time we get to the 5th, why not? 

As it currently stands, so long as there is open reservations, you essentially get a coupon to pick any day to come between the 2nd and the 11th if you want to think of it like that. After the 11th, the regular reservation system goes into place

24 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Will Soak City be opening the July 2 as well?

Looks like it's closed for July (and probably the season). 

15 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

This is my thinking too. I was hoping for the 2nd and 3rd...so if I wake up the morning of the 3rd, there's plenty of spots, and I can't reserve a time? That seems silly and even counter-productive to me.

1 minute ago, Old_Bearcat said:

Will park capacity be updated in real-time?  If lots of folks leave during the late afternoon after being there all day (e.g g thundershower clears 1/3 of the people there), I wonder if one could log on and secure a reservation for later that evening? 

Unlikely. For WOF, their latest reservation times are 1PM. 

• Like 1

This is really kind of off subject and I apologize if not allowed - but does anyone know if Cedar Point has a forum like this to keep informed with? This forum has been an incredible resource for me with KI, and I'm hoping to hit CP for the first time in a few weeks, so....