Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

4 minutes ago, chibul said:

This is really kind of off subject and I apologize if not allowed - but does anyone know if Cedar Point has a forum like this to keep informed with? This forum has been an incredible resource for me with KI, and I'm hoping to hit CP for the first time in a few weeks, so....

I haven't found one that's extremely active yet

6 minutes ago, chibul said:

This is really kind of off subject and I apologize if not allowed - but does anyone know if Cedar Point has a forum like this to keep informed with? This forum has been an incredible resource for me with KI, and I'm hoping to hit CP for the first time in a few weeks, so....

PointBuzz but it isn't as active as this site.

8 minutes ago, chibul said:

pointbuzz.com comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Basically (probably) the (former) smoking areas. Smoking is now only allowed OUTSIDE the park.

I think that makes sense. I know some people would be more comfortable smoking inside the park, but we all have to make some compromises in this day and age. I think the mask-free zones are important, and I am glad the park is providing us with plenty of places where we can take breaks from masks and be distanced from other people.

• Like 2

So how are the actual queues going to be handled distance wise? All the cleaning, etc. is great-but the primary way this is transmitted is through breathing other people's air (hence the masks)--and cases have shown that what it can take up to 15 min. of being in close proximity to someone to be exposed--which is exactly what happens when waiting in line. Just curious how they'll get around this 

18 minutes ago, Stoan said:

reserved my spot for the 10th. I had no desire to go the first day while they try to actually figure out how to handle new policies. Hopefully a full week gives them time to settle themselves.

Reserved my spot for the 2nd at 10:30! I wanna be there to see how it all unfolds :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

So how are the actual queues going to be handled distance wise? All the cleaning, etc. is great-but the primary way this is transmitted is through breathing other people's air (hence the masks)--and cases have shown that what it can take up to 15 min. of being in close proximity to someone to be exposed--which is exactly what happens when waiting in line. Just curious how they'll get around this 

I don't really care that much how strictly they enforce masks in other areas of the park, but I really hope they enforce them in lines.

5 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

I don't really care that much how strictly they enforce masks in other areas of the park, but I really hope they enforce them in lines.

If we look at examples of how parks are handling it in Orlando - Universal Studios has had pretty good enforcement of mask wearing so it can be done - on the flip side Sea World has had horrible compliance with the requirement to wear a mask and doesn't do anything about it.

41 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Close proximity is inside the 6ft bubble which is the reason for the queue spacing markers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

So forgive me if this has already been discussed, but how will Fast Lane work this year?  My wife and I have All-Season Fast Lane, and I see that they're not selling them on the site.  Will they even be honoring Fast Lane this season?

According to Chad Showalter they will be honored.

22 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

I don't like the fast pass because it feels like they think they better than me. Not fair.  But if you got fast pass don't get made at me I am just saying my feels. 

A lot of people feel that way however it’s a very lucrative source of revenue. One of the main ways they expect to get their money back on Orion is due to Fast Lane sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbackdreams said:

I don't like the fast pass because it feels like they think they better than me. Not fair.  But if you got fast pass don't get made at me I am just saying my feels. 

I know I got the Fast Lane once and I felt like I was better than everyone else, it's a pretty addicting feeling to have it.  It's kinda funny how it basically costs the park nothing but creates such a high perceived value.  If the revenue/anticipated future revenue means they invest in the park by building something like say Orion then I think I'm ok with people feeling like they're better than me lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

A lot of people feel that way however it’s a very lucrative source of revenue. One of the main ways they expect to get their money back on Orion is due to Fast Lane sales.

Well if it pays for my Daimonbdack I guess it ok!

11 hours ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I know I got the Fast Lane once and I felt like I was better than everyone else, it's a pretty addicting feeling to have it.  It's kinda funny how it basically costs the park nothing but creates such a high perceived value.  If the revenue/anticipated future revenue means they invest in the park by building something like say Orion then I think I'm ok with people feeling like they're better than me lol

Well people can think all they want. Dad said worth is not money. So I guess I need to change my perspective and my shirt. He funny

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbackdreams said:

Well people can think all they want. Dad said worth is not money. So I guess I need to change my perspective and my shirt. He funny

I think you meant value is not money, worth is absolutely the amount of money something is or someone has

3 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I think you meant value is not money, worth is absolutely the amount of money something is or someone has

Dad said I worth every thing and that no money can make a new me. He said I'm worth more that his own life now I have to change my shirt said I stinks

6 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

So forgive me if this has already been discussed, but how will Fast Lane work this year?  My wife and I have All-Season Fast Lane, and I see that they're not selling them on the site.  Will they even be honoring Fast Lane this season?

My 2020 Season Pass Fast Lane Plus – EZ Pay terms and conditions state that Cedar Fair reserves the right to refuse admission and control occupancy. I see initially suspending FL(P) for a month or so could be deemed as necessary occupancy control. And with COVID-19, “We are all in this Together”. So, I’m not expecting to benefit from FLP this season.