Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

2 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Backed up out onto Kings Island drive @9:57am

It is easier for KI to keep social distancing compliance with everyone in their vehicles:P

They will have a log jam somewhere - either in-person at screening, security, admissions or in cars at toll booths.  Take the lesser of the two evils approach they did.

This will work if the tolls can cycle the 10:30 group thru before the 11am group shows up...but we know there are tons of 11am groups already there.  Will be interesting to see when the backup gets to a manageable level.

Just now, disco2000 said:

It is easier for KI to keep social distancing compliance with everyone in their vehicles:P

They will have a log jam somewhere - either in-person at screening, security, admissions or in cars at toll booths.  Take the lesser of the two evils approach they did.

This will work if the tolls can cycle the 10:30 group thru before the 11am group shows up...but we know there are tons of 11am groups already there.  Will be interesting to see when the backup gets to a manageable level.

Yeah but then what's the difference between a 10:30 or 11 reservation 

• Like 1

Just now, disco2000 said:

The problem with that is they can't cycle the 10:30 group through, because they're not opening the park up until 11 - so the 10:30 group sits and waits in front of the entrance (can't social distance there, either, with that many people).

Just now, SOBwasaSOB said:

ok, I am not impatient just curious.  It is impossible for there not to be kinks, I am just happy to be here!

Yeah no one can be upset lol we signed up for this literally you need a reservation to experience this craziness now ROFL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IceePirate said:

I kinda wonder what Cedar Point is going to be like. I have a reservation for 30mins after the earliest reservation, but due to how long I'll have to spend driving to get there, I'll likely show up in the first wave.

I'll be there as well, but I'm not as interested in being like the first one through there.

By the time 1030's get pushed through temp check and gate it will be after 11.  So 1100's would be able to get here along with the 1030's to wait in line and be scanned in at their reservation window.  Seems like that would double the amount of people here at 1030.  IMO hourly reservations may work out better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

By the time 1030's get pushed through temp check and gate it will be after 11.  So 1100's would be able to get here along with the 1030's to wait in line and be scanned in at their reservation window.  Seems like that would double the amount of people here at 1030.  IMO hourly reservations may work out better.

I agree the 10:30 seems pointless, they still haven't even started letting anyone through

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I'll be there as well, but I'm not as interested in being like the first one through there.

I'll try to get as early as I can to make sure the lines for rides are shorter. Gotta get as much of a marathon on SteVe and Maverick as I can! :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Completely agreed.

10:30 now, so let's see what happens next.

Just now, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I haven't seen anyone on rides yet so my guess is let people line up and then open the rides at 11

That's completely fine by me - makes total sense and reduces the fear I had, which was people clumping up together at the entrance. I like this plan!

2 minutes ago, chibul said:

That's completely fine by me - makes total sense and reduces the fear I had, which was people clumping up together at the entrance. I like this plan!

There is literally no social distancing going on everyone is just standing where they want none of these people are in my group

15937016327576865081180035742881.jpg

• Sad 1