Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

4 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

There is literally no social distancing going on everyone is just standing where they want none of these people are in my group

15937016327576865081180035742881.jpg

Nice to see that social distancing isn't happening all while people wear their masks wrong. Can't wait till we all get locked down again. /s

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, IceePirate said:

It's only the first day, the friends and family days were a lot better because the people actually respected policies for the most part. Give the park a little to figure out enforcement since this is only the first day

I promise you the virus isn't going to wait for them to "figure out" how to tell people to distance themselves :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is Diamondback running at half capacity or full? The way they were doing seating for Orion yesterday was very similar to how Diamondback's train is naturally designed (inner two seats in odd rows, outer two seats in evens) so I'm curious if they are just letting DB use its full capacity since that's basically the same thing.

Also curious if Banshee is being filled in the same way as Orion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

But at least if someone asks you nicely to not stand on top of them we should all comply were all in this together guys

I guarantee you I will not be shy about telling people to give me space. I'll ask nicely once. ONCE. After that I'm calling security. There is no excuse for that level of stupidity. None.

I'll give the general operations of the park a lot of leeway as they stumble through this new normal. I fully expect slow and uneven food service, ride operations, etc. And that's fine. But pandemic safety enforcement should not and cannot be a stumbling block.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

There is literally no social distancing going on everyone is just standing where they want none of these people are in my group

That's NOT true.  I'm about 100 people behind you and almost everyone is trying to keep at least 4ft spacing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

Don is walking around area 72 currently.

Hopefully Don is there to open a can of whoopass. Anybody refusing to social distance, jumping the line, not wearing a mask? Pull them out and put them at the end of the line. A second reminder? Boot 'em. Take a hard-line early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The posted picture is still a lot better than pictures I've seen from Holiday World and Indiana Beach last week. At least "some" people are being somewhat conscious of distancing. And nearly everyone is wearing masks at least to some capacity.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I got in at 9:20 and am still in the middle of the line for Orion

They opened the parking toll booths at EXACTLY 10:30.  Line moved VERY nicely.  Temperature check tent had a back up.  Waited there maybe 10min. 

Got in front gate at 10:47.

Was in line for Orion (directly under lift hill) at 10:55.

Have only moved about 15-20ft in 26min....

Currently running at about 2min 15sec loading cycles?!!?   

We all knew some would follow the rules and some wouldn't and still came.  Evaluate the risk-reward and decide if it is worth it.  Everyone should follow the rules but it is impossible to enforce 100% compliance.  I am not letting it ruin my day or mood.

Just now, Driver8rws said:

They opened the parking toll booths at EXACTLY 10:30.  Line moved VERY nicely.  Temperature check tent had a back up.  Waited there maybe 10min. 

Got in front gate at 10:47.

Was in line for Orion (directly under lift hill) at 10:55.

Have only moved about 15-20ft in 26min....

Currently running at about 2min 15sec loading cycles?!!?   

With your 11am reservation.  So I guess they don't care at the gate.....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1