Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

44 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

There is literally no social distancing going on everyone is just standing where they want none of these people are in my group

15937016327576865081180035742881.jpg

I don't think this looks bad? you guys want a mile long? just distance between the people you don't know. there's plenty of space between people. I won't be distanced from my friends/family/gf. I will stay the distance between the other randoms. but not my party. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

With your 11am reservation.  So I guess they don't care at the gate.....

I'm guessing the reservations are much more about people thinking they can't get in.  Haven't heard of them being enforced anywhere (Six Flags, Dollywood, etc).  Probably staggers the line well enough since enough people think they can't enter earlier.

1 hour ago, shadowscare said:

I guarantee you I will not be shy about telling people to give me space. I'll ask nicely once. ONCE. After that I'm calling security. There is no excuse for that level of stupidity. None.

I'll give the general operations of the park a lot of leeway as they stumble through this new normal. I fully expect slow and uneven food service, ride operations, etc. And that's fine. But pandemic safety enforcement should not and cannot be a stumbling block.

If you are so worried about it then stay home. You are not going to get 100% of the people to do things like they should. We have been experimenting on how to were a mask and not have our glasses fog up. We have yet to figure something out. I assure you that I will be taking my mask off often just to get my glasses to defog. So now they are forcing me to put my hands on my face FAR more often than if I didn't wear a mask. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

If you are so worried about it then stay home. You are not going to get 100% of the people to do things like they should. We have been experimenting on how to were a mask and not have our glasses fog up. We have yet to figure something out. I assure you that I will be taking my mask off often just to get my glasses to defog. So now they are forcing me to put my hands on my face FAR more often than if I didn't wear a mask. 

if you wanted to defog your glasses for a minute then why wouldnt you ...take the glasses off...??? 

been wearing glasses my whole life, i wouldnt take my mask off to defog them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, thisplaceisnuts said:

Is this really necessary? It's opening day, on a new ride, in the middle of a pandemic. Give the crew a break.

Just thought people would want to know what to expect.  

Not ripping anyone.  Just giving updates.

Thought people wanted that? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Just thought people would want to know what to expect.  

Not ripping anyone.  Just giving updates.

Thought people wanted that? 

I don’t mind the constant updates on cycle times, keep them coming!  But a separate thread for that would be better.

The wait times thread would be a good place to post dispatch time observations, though a post for every cycle is probably more information than we need.

When the general public is loaded onto a new ride for the first time, patience is a virtue.

5 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Out of 3 parks i have been to this year Kings Island's idea of social distancing is different.  Not been to a park yet that did it this way. 

20200702_123732.jpg

Comparing this picture to memories I've had being packed into a full queue like sardines, the density of people here has been significantly reduced!  Good job KI and everyone who is abiding by the markers.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

People have been timing dispatches at home ever since the Diamondback webcam was operational LOL...

When I look, their webcams are still down... am I missing something somewhere? 

edit... never mind, I read that wrong. Diamondback.... I saw that and immediately went to Orion, and thought the cams were back up. 

19 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

Uh... No. I'm going. Those that can't follow instructions are the ones that should stay home. People like you that occasionally adjust their mask aren't the ones I'm concerned about. Though as a previous poster mentioned, I'd be lifting up the glasses to defog them not the mask.

For your next trip though, pick up some defogging solution on Amazon. Works great!

Granted, if the park is full of idiots than we'll just leave. But from the reports I'm reading that shouldn't be necessary.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Out of 3 parks i have been to this year Kings Island's idea of social distancing is different.  Not been to a park yet that did it this way. I am glad the virus in ohio can't move horizontally 

20200702_123732.jpg

If you're correctly using the stickers you wouldn't be side by side besides passing.  19D257E5-C567-4AE6-A777-5AD351923CD1.jpeg

she shouldn't be there hence the staggered stickers. 

edit to add: Dollywood had this but many of us didn't really realize the stickers were purposely staggered not just extra feet apart

• Like 1